+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister in law

tonybebot

Jun 26, 2018
I am a Canadian Citizen and a widow. I have a sister in law and she is the only siblings of my late wife. I wanted to sponsor her under Conjugal Partnership. She is still living in the Philippines and I am supporting her for more than a year and we regularly communicating thru social media. Is there a possibility that she can be granted a resident visa in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In addition as a sponsor I am still working in Engineering and construction company.

Thanks,

tony

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I am a Canadian Citizen and a widow. I have a sister in law and she is the only siblings of my late wife. I wanted to sponsor her under Conjugal Partnership. She is still living in the Philippines and I am supporting her for more than a year and we regularly communicating thru social media. Is there a possibility that she can be granted a resident visa in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In addition as a sponsor I am still working in Engineering and construction company.

Thanks,

tony
Hi, that is not a conjugal partner. A conjugal partner is someone you are practically married to, except for the fact marriage is impossible to do due to legal reasons.
Read here under all Conjugal partner sections: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

You are not able to sponsor her unless you actually get in a relationship with her and eventually get married.