+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sister in law trv after a sponsored spouse lands..

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Hey, I have asked this question in my vo thread but I would like to open it up to the forum. I have successfully sponsored my husband to Canada. He lands in 2 weeks exactly. My sister in law who is very close to my husband would like to come up on a trv. She is 20 yrs old, is studying at UWI (University of West Indies) She has previously applied for a uk trv (her other brother lives there) and was denied. She also applied for a U.S trv (grandparents and a lot of family live there, plus she applied thru a summer work program) and was denied as well. I think she would just like to experience what it is like to travel. She has a couple good friends who are here in Canada, plus me my children and now her brother. What is the best route for her to apply for a Canada trv. The problem seems to be they say she has no travel experience, which is a bit unfair seeing as she just wants the opportunity to travel. My real question is, should I bother to write a generic standard letter to invite her to visit? Should we say I would like her to come help me & my husband with my kids this summer as we will not be in Jamaica for the summer like how we usually are? I do not want to send in bank statements n what not, it wont help seeing as I have no money lol, but I can offer her a place to stay. I am really inquiring on her behalf. Also would it have any benefit for my husband as a pr to invite her? Is this even possible. She doesnt want to stay, she has to go back to school in september, this would just be a summer visit. I actually really could use her help lol
Thanks in advance

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Your invitation letter saying you want her to help with the kids and will give her a place to stay for the summer is fine.
However, she has to prove she will go back to Jamaica. So she has to include proof of ties to Jamaica. She is going to school, so proof she is enrolled for the next semester and has paid for it will help. If she is living in an apartment, proof of the lease and having paid for a few months in advance if possible would also help. Of course a return ticket with a confirmed date and proof of funds will be needed.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrslwsn said:
Hey, I have asked this question in my vo thread but I would like to open it up to the forum. I have successfully sponsored my husband to Canada. He lands in 2 weeks exactly. My sister in law who is very close to my husband would like to come up on a trv. She is 20 yrs old, is studying at UWI (University of West Indies) She has previously applied for a uk trv (her other brother lives there) and was denied. She also applied for a U.S trv (grandparents and a lot of family live there, plus she applied thru a summer work program) and was denied as well. I think she would just like to experience what it is like to travel. She has a couple good friends who are here in Canada, plus me my children and now her brother. What is the best route for her to apply for a Canada trv. The problem seems to be they say she has no travel experience, which is a bit unfair seeing as she just wants the opportunity to travel. My real question is, should I bother to write a generic standard letter to invite her to visit? Should we say I would like her to come help me & my husband with my kids this summer as we will not be in Jamaica for the summer like how we usually are? I do not want to send in bank statements n what not, it wont help seeing as I have no money lol, but I can offer her a place to stay. I am really inquiring on her behalf. Also would it have any benefit for my husband as a pr to invite her? Is this even possible. She doesnt want to stay, she has to go back to school in september, this would just be a summer visit. I actually really could use her help lol
Thanks in advance
In addition to the school ties canadianwoman suggested, also consider emphasizing her family ties in Jamaica and if she has a job that she's taking leave from and can attest that she's expected back add that in too. Think of it like proving your relationship to your husband in your visa .... except this time you are proving her ties to Jamaica to convince the visa officers that she WILL be going back. Include everything you can think of to convince a skeptic that she'll go back at the end of the Summer and has no plans to stay in Canada with you beyond a vacation.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Great advice, Thanks on both accounts. She does not lease, she lives at the family home. She has lots of reasons for going back, lol I guess we'll see if they believe them. She is a full time student, so no job.