+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Student Category - REJECTED - PLEASE HELP!!!

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer told me that my Job Approval Letter is rejected based on three (3) reasons:

- I am a low skilled employee
- I get paid below the Saskatoon's average wage
- My job offer is not permanent, rather it is a 2-year contract.

I really have no idea what to do. I would really appreciate any sort of advice.

Thank you,
Student7872014

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
what d u mean :

sinp didn't issue jib approval letter

OR

sinp refused your nomination application

you must clear

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The SINP did not issue the Job Approval Letter, so I am not even eligible to apply for the SINP nomination.

sinp-nominee2014

Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
Skipped
Nomination.....
06-2014
AOR Received.
08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
Late Jan 2015
Med's Request
8-2014
Med's Done....
08-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yet to come
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
@student7872014

Good morning there.

I have had a same issue last year when my employer applied to SINP and my Job Approval letter in June 2013 and got rejected with same arguments and then he reapplied in September it was rejected once again.

What we then did is change my job level as last year the rules were different but now they are strict.

Can you tell me more? Are you SK graduate?

I would really recommend start looking for a Job that gives you all that!

Have you tried going into SINP office here in Regina and met and Immigration officer for an advice? They are very helpful sometimes :)

Good Luck! and Keep us posted!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
student7872014 said:
My employer told me that my Job Approval Letter is rejected based on three (3) reasons:

- I am a low skilled employee
- I get paid below the Saskatoon's average wage
- My job offer is not permanent, rather it is a 2-year contract.

I really have no idea what to do. I would really appreciate any sort of advice.

Thank you,
Student7872014
You need to find a new job that meets the SINP criteria.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinp-nominee2014 said:
@ student7872014

Good morning there.

I have had a same issue last year when my employer applied to SINP and my Job Approval letter in June 2013 and got rejected with same arguments and then he reapplied in September it was rejected once again.

What we then did is change my job level as last year the rules were different but now they are strict.
It is not possible for my employer to change my job level, since I just started my job, and it would not be possible to get a promotion right off the bat. It is also at the university, so it is even harder to do. Although I appreciate that you shared your experience with us.

Can you tell me more? Are you SK graduate?
I am a UofS graduate (B.Sc. in Physiology)

I would really recommend start looking for a Job that gives you all that!
The field of physiology has extremely limited opportunites. It is almost impossible for me to get a permanent full-time job that pays $21/hour without having at least a few years of experience in my field. Even then, no guarantees. I feel that SINP is all about connections that a person has. If I had an uncle who had a Research & Development company, then it wold be possible to have a job offer that exactly fits the SINP criteria. Since I only have 4 months of work experience in my field so far, and given the fact that I am in a field where job opportunities are scarce, what they are asking for, in my opinion, is not fair.

Have you tried going into SINP office here in Regina and met and Immigration officer for an advice? They are very helpful sometimes :)
I actually have not. Thank you for the suggestion. I think I will do a bit more research about this, and if I cannot come up with any solutions, then I will go to Regina. Do you have to book an appointment, though?

Good Luck! and Keep us posted!
Thank you for all the information that you provided. I will definitely keep you posted.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You need to find a new job that meets the SINP criteria.
Thank you for the suggestion, but in my field of study (Physiology), it is extremely hard, if not impossible, to get job that they ask for without few years of experience in the field. I might even need to do to Grad studies and then work for a few years after to get a job. Would those extra years be worth spending (considering the fact that the government changes the rules every few months)? I don't know. I am very young and I love Canada. My hope is I can get the process started as soon as I can, and contribute to this country as much as I can in the future.

A8888888

Jul 4, 2014
rules been changed this year
student stream
job must be O,A,B and 2 yrs experience ( students graduated outside of Saskatchewan)
it's worse than CEC now

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed. Not sure if I will be eligible under the CEC after January 2015, as the 'Express Entry' comes in affect.

Does anybody else feel hopeless about immigrating to Canada as a student, or am I missing something?

Student7872014