+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Sibling Question

aderayope

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone My sister applied 4 SINP & got points for sibling in Saskatchewan. I’ve lived here for 13years. She hasn’t received her nomination yet but I have been transferred to my company’s head office in Alberta. Will this affect her application and nomination? Pls help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone My sister applied 4 SINP & got points for sibling in Saskatchewan. I’ve lived here for 13years. She hasn’t received her nomination yet but I have been transferred to my company’s head office in Alberta. Will this affect her application and nomination? Pls help!
Yes she can’t claim the points if you move.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well we'll see what the decison makers say :)
Common sense. The program rewards people moving to SK to be with family because they are more likely to remain in the province. If the family member is no longer in the province the anchor to the province goes away and there is an increased chance of the person leaving SK. CIC can check to see if anything in the application remains valid for the entirety of the application. If your application is based on employment you must update CIC if you are no longer employed, if you get married and are no longer single you must update your profile, etc.