+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP sent me an scary email, please help

agmaa

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Hi All,
Please advise as soon as you can, I have two applications:
- SINP, application received 6 Jan 2104, nominated 8 Aug 2014 (destination Regina SK)
- FSW application received 8 May 2014 (Destination London ON).

I got an email yesterday from SINP Program Integrity Unit PIU:

REF: Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
Name of Applicant:
Nomination Number:

The Program Integrity Unit (PIU) of the SINP was established to safeguard the integrity of our program and to ensure that employers and applicants are adhering to our program criteria, policies and procedures.

The PILU was contacted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on ..... regarding your application. CIChas advised us that you became a Permanent Resident (PR) of Canada on ..... , but based on your Personal History/Background Declaration, you have not met the residency obligations. As a result, you will be required to apply for PR determination through CIC.

You applied to the SINP on ..... for nomination based on settlement funds and were subsequently nominated by the SINP on ...... CIC has advised us that you have also again applied for permanent residency under their Federal Skilled Worker stream and have indicated to them that your city of destination in Canada is London, Ontario. In your SINP application you signed a declaration (form IMMOOO8) advising that you intend to live in the province that nominated you. Providing false information to a Government body could be construed as misrepresentation.

The PILU would like to provide you with an opportunityto explain whyyou indicated a destination of Ontario onyour CIC application, but indicated your intend to settle in Saskatchewan onyour SINP application.

Should you wish to continue withyour application under the Federal Skilled worker program of CIC with a settlement destination of Ontario, the SINP will be revoking your nomination. Alternately, should you wish to continue withyour SINP application, we will require a plan outlining where you intend to work and reside in Saskatchewan.

Failure to provide the required information to the SINP bythe close of business on July 24, 2015 will result in closure of your SINP file.

If you have any questions regarding our request, please contact Meg Brookes by phone at or by e mail at

Sincerely,

Please help:
(1) If my SINP application got revoked, will this affect my FSW application?
(2) If I provided the plan they mentioned, and they didn't accept it, will this affect my FSW?
(3) Is it better to withdraw my SINP now? and continue with my FSW only? if I do this, will my SINP be considered revoked or withdrawn?

Thanks,

A

Reactions: vyasch

PVPCanada

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Hi agmaa,
I'm really not sure what is best to do but I will provide some of my personal thoughts in case they can be of any help.

First, if you have a strong argument to answer SINP's question about why you first applied to go to Saskatchewan and then Ontario, then the solution may be as simple as providing that answer.

At first it seemed to me as if you just have to withdraw your SINP nomination since your most recent choice of destination is Ontario, and continue with the FSW process, but I'm not sure I understand this statement made by SINP:

"based on your Personal History/Background Declaration, you have not met the residency obligations. As a result, you will be required to apply for PR determination through CIC."

According to the above statement, it seems like CIC will be asking you to apply for PR determination, if they haven't yet. I'm guessing that CIC will probably ask you for to apply either way (whether you keep your nomination or not), as they already "know" that you declared intention to live in 2 different provinces.

I think it all comes down to explaining and providing valid reasons regarding your choice of province. Whatever your answer may be, I think that you have to make sure that CIC doesn't not see your answer as misrepresentation...If you first decided to live in Sask and later Ontario, technically you wouldn't have misrepresented yourself as anyone can change their mind, but you need to provide an answer that will satisfy them..

Have you gotten PR yet? if so, did you get it through FSW process alone or by using the nomination?

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Where do you genuinely intend to reside? If it's not in Saskatchewan, you might as well abandon the SINP process as they will be watching you. From this point onwards I would suggest being totally upfront and honest with them, and hopefully there is still a path to PR for you.

Also, get a lawyer. The next steps you take are crucial, and it would be worth the money spent to make sure you get it right.

Reactions: Uncle Jacob

mbd

Nov 20, 2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
anyone else has received mail from SINP integrity department. I am one.

Uncle Jacob

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Interesting. ...although not same topic but this is why I advise people who got nominated through pnp that if they don't want to stay in the province that nominated you.....just inform the immigration over there b/c when it's time for citizenship.......they could accuse you of misrepresentation