+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP reply for leaving province after two months

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Hi All,

Below is the reply from SINP to an SINP resident to leave SK after living two months and not able to find the job. What to make of it ?

Thank you for your inquiry,
As a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work and live in any province, however, an individual is nominated to Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee program based on their intent to settle permanently in Saskatchewan. Should a Nominee not be living and working in Saskatchewan the SINP reserves the right to follow up to assess whether the Nominee has misrepresented their intent. The SINP can revoke a nomination to our program and advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of the revocation. Any final decisions are in the hands of IRCC.

Kind regards,
LW
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
Government of Saskatchewan
Labour Market Development, Ministry of the Economy
7th Floor, 1945 Hamilton Street
Regina, Canada S4P 2C8
Bus: 306.798.7467
www.saskatchewan.ca/sinp

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If possible, visit to their office and explain on why you have moved out of the province. Provide all the proofs including your job search, rejection emails from employers (BTW, 2 months is very short to leave province which nominated you). Also, you cannot tell them that you moved out because of lack of funds as that was pre requisite for your PR.

Be clear and Genuine and don't argue with them. Try to negotiate if you want to go back to the province.

Don't take any chances as your permanent residency might get impacted.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivasagi said:
If possible, visit to their office and explain on why you have moved out of the province. Provide all the proofs including your job search, rejection emails from employers (BTW, 2 months is very short to leave province which nominated you). Also, you cannot tell them that you moved out because of lack of funds as that was pre requisite for your PR.

Be clear and Genuine and don't argue with them. Try to negotiate if you want to go back to the province.

Don't take any chances as your permanent residency might get impacted.
Absolutely correct. 2 months stay in a province that nominated an applicant for PR is very short. As said one needs to provide sufficient evidence that one searched for jobs not only related to one's profile but other jobs too and did not get one. Hope SINP applicant has these documents to back up this claim.

On a personal note, it is high time that the provinces and IRCC clamp down this kind of violation of not honoring the initial commitment of staying in the province that nominated an applicant. Nothing personal against the applicant who got this letter.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
Absolutely correct. 2 months stay in a province that nominated an applicant for PR is very short. As said one needs to provide sufficient evidence that one searched for jobs not only related to one's profile but other jobs too and did not get one. Hope SINP applicant has these documents to back up this claim.

On a personal note, it is high time that the provinces and IRCC clamp down this kind of violation of not honoring the initial commitment of staying in the province that nominated an applicant. Nothing personal against the applicant who got this letter.
Agreed.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Agreed. Two months is WAY too short to just up and leave the province that GAVE you the ability to come to Canada in the first place.

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
Their reply is almost a non reply. The only significant thing I can gather is the last line that says 'IRCC is the final decision maker'.

With the anonymity that this forum gives, if IRCC had revoked PRs of dozens of nominees earlier, then we would have atleast some people warning others with biographical anecdotes of losing PR. There is not one case of such a biographical anecdote ever in this forum. Which means IRCC has not revoked any PR statuses till date for this reason. Many senior members of the forum have painstakingly combed through case histories (in federal and provincial courts) to see if there are cases where provinces have taken PRs to court, and there are no court cases of such misrepresentation (for moving out a province) while there are several cases of misrepresenting marriage, hiding relatives and lying about business interests in other provinces WHILE or BEFORE the application date, i.e. on date of signing the intent to reside document. That would be a clear misrepresentation.

For people who say two months is less: so what is the timeframe you think is acceptable. There is no answer to this question. A person can land in Quebec, fall in love and marry a BC girl and move to Vancouver in 2 months. So in this situation, 2 months is acceptable? In another hypothetical case, if someone joins a company in Regina and if the company transfers him to Winnipeg in 1 month, then what is he supposed to do? Legally, and morally, there can't be a generally accepted timeframe unless law gives a timeline.

Looking into the future, and after having read many discussions by lawmakers when the question of growing provincial population by immigration was in legislature, I can say that AT PRESENT there is no problem if someone shifts out the next day even. In future, there could be a duration entered into the immigration contract, but that will be made transparent the time of applying, such as in Australia provincial immigration.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
lieudefroid said:
Their reply is almost a non reply. The only significant thing I can gather is the last line that says 'IRCC is the final decision maker'.

With the anonymity that this forum gives, if IRCC had revoked PRs of dozens of nominees earlier, then we would have atleast some people warning others with biographical anecdotes of losing PR. There is not one case of such a biographical anecdote ever in this forum. Which means IRCC has not revoked any PR statuses till date for this reason. Many senior members of the forum have painstakingly combed through case histories (in federal and provincial courts) to see if there are cases where provinces have taken PRs to court, and there are no court cases of such misrepresentation (for moving out a province) while there are several cases of misrepresenting marriage, hiding relatives and lying about business interests in other provinces WHILE or BEFORE the application date, i.e. on date of signing the intent to reside document. That would be a clear misrepresentation.

For people who say two months is less: so what is the timeframe you think is acceptable. There is no answer to this question. A person can land in Quebec, fall in love and marry a BC girl and move to Vancouver in 2 months. So in this situation, 2 months is acceptable? In another hypothetical case, if someone joins a company in Regina and if the company transfers him to Winnipeg in 1 month, then what is he supposed to do? Legally, and morally, there can't be a generally accepted timeframe unless law gives a timeline.

Looking into the future, and after having read many discussions by lawmakers when the question of growing provincial population by immigration was in legislature, I can say that AT PRESENT there is no problem if someone shifts out the next day even. In future, there could be a duration entered into the immigration contract, but that will be made transparent the time of applying, such as in Australia provincial immigration.
Agreed they may not have revoked any PR in past, but what happens when someone apply for citizenship. The question will be asked then. So it will be wise to keep some proof of jobs applied and interviews given to prove that the person has tried for a job before shifting. Things cant be taken as granted too.

Reactions: mbalsara

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys,

its been 06 months in regina, i couldn't find any job. i got job offer letter from ontario, i sent inquiry to sinp that i would for improvement by grabbing this job. below is their reply, should i stay in province or can leave? pls advise.

As a Permanent Resident of Canada you may work and live in any province, however, an individual is nominated to Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee program based on their intent to settle permanently in Saskatchewan. Should a Nominee not be living and working in Saskatchewan the SINP reserves the right to follow up to assess whether the Nominee has misrepresented their intent. The SINP can revoke a nomination to our program and advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of the revocation. Any final decisions are in the hands of IRCC.

irawo star

Aug 6, 2015
Hi guys,

its been 06 months in regina, i couldn't find any job. i got job offer letter from ontario, i sent inquiry to sinp that i would for improvement by grabbing this job. below is their reply, should i stay in province or can leave? pls advise.

So what did you finally decide