+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Proof of employment

hghnaim

Mar 3, 2018
Hi Dears,
Please advise on the following.

I have received an ITA for SINP, as i am collecting the documents required to be send. i came across a problem to proof my employment.

Based on SINP website, the following additional documents are required for proof of employment.

Each letter of reference for each job position must be accompanied by at least three additional documents showing proof of employment. At least one of these documents must be Government issued. Some examples of acceptable documents are as follows:

• Pension fund/Provident funds, medical Insurance and/or social security record;
  • Work permits/work visas/labour cards for any foreign work experience;
  • Employment contracts;
  • Specific examples of work completed with your employer(s), if applicable; or
  • Any additional information that assists in verifying your work experience.
What i can provide the following

Employment Reference Letter
Employment Duties
Employment Contract
Projects Completed
Payslips
Contact Details of the employer.

My issue is Government issued documents, I am not registered under Tax department as i dont fall under tax regulation with my current salary. it is the employer's responsibility to register me if i need to pay tax. i dont have any record at the governmental tax department.

Government Pension is optional here and i am not registered in it, I have private pension by insurance company and it is non governmental and unrelated to my job.

Please advise if this should be enough or rejected.

Josiane1

Nov 25, 2019
Hi Dears,
Please advise on the following.

I have received an ITA for SINP, as i am collecting the documents required to be send. i came across a problem to proof my employment.

Based on SINP website, the following additional documents are required for proof of employment.

Each letter of reference for each job position must be accompanied by at least three additional documents showing proof of employment. At least one of these documents must be Government issued. Some examples of acceptable documents are as follows:

• Pension fund/Provident funds, medical Insurance and/or social security record;
  • Work permits/work visas/labour cards for any foreign work experience;
  • Employment contracts;
  • Specific examples of work completed with your employer(s), if applicable; or
  • Any additional information that assists in verifying your work experience.
What i can provide the following

Employment Duties
Employment Contract
Projects Completed
Payslips
Contact Details of the employer.

My issue is Government issued documents, I am not registered under Tax department as i dont fall under tax regulation with my current salary. it is the employer's responsibility to register me if i need to pay tax. i dont have any record at the governmental tax department.

Government Pension is optional here and i am not registered in it, I have private pension by insurance company and it is non governmental and unrelated to my job.

Please advise if this should be enough or rejected.
Same issue, please advise if you solved your problem

famos

May 20, 2011
Please does anyone have a solution yet? Kindly share if you have

Last edited:

Neha Agarwal

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
same issue my salary was in Cash. however, the school were I worked is recognized by the government will it work?

dadofethan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Hello

I am not legal/immigration advisor but a fellow applicant. Here's my experience.

I got ITA from SINP 7/8 months ago and initially I only submitted:
Employment Duties
Employment Contract
Projects Completed
Contact Details of the employer
Provident fund

Took SINP 3 months to reply to ask me for more documents. I was given 30 days to complete submission and I got a hold of my previous year (2019) tax return + 6 months payslip and submitted it before the 30 days deadline. After the deadline date (not my submission date), add 14 days and SINP replied asking me for tax return of previous 7 years. So 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 tax returns I submitted. Again I had 30 days to submit but I was able to submit within a couple of days only. And again, after the deadline date and adding 14 more days SINP again asked for more documents. This time for government / social security contributions. I submitted my social security records (thankfully it was available online since social security offices were closed due to quarantine) and 6 weeks later finally on Sept 4 I got "Application Nominated" from SINP.

In the end, there were 4 or 5 months "wasted" going back and forth for proof of employment documents. I suggest you submit whatever you can and if government-issued documents about your employment are not applicable, create a Letter of Explanation detailing as such and include this in your initial submission. This will hopefully save you some time.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Reactions: Agaran

Neha Agarwal

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello

I am not legal/immigration advisor but a fellow applicant. Here's my experience.

Employment Duties
Employment Contract
Projects Completed
Provident fund

Took SINP 3 months to reply to ask me for more documents. I was given 30 days to complete submission and I got a hold of my previous year (2019) tax return + 6 months payslip and submitted it before the 30 days deadline. After the deadline date (not my submission date), add 14 days and SINP replied asking me for tax return of previous 7 years. So 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 tax returns I submitted. Again I had 30 days to submit but I was able to submit within a couple of days only. And again, after the deadline date and adding 14 more days SINP again asked for more documents. This time for government / social security contributions. I submitted my social security records (thankfully it was available online since social security offices were closed due to quarantine) and 6 weeks later finally on Sept 4 I got "Application Nominated" from SINP.

In the end, there were 4 or 5 months "wasted" going back and forth for proof of employment documents. I suggest you submit whatever you can and if government-issued documents about your employment are not applicable, create a Letter of Explanation detailing as such and include this in your initial submission. This will hopefully save you some time.

Thank you dear

RJ2018

Oct 6, 2020
Hello

Employment Duties
Employment Contract
Projects Completed
Provident fund

Hello, thanks for providing such a good information! Did SINP reached out to your employer for verifying the reference? I am concerned because I am planning to take my reference letter stating a different reason and don't want to tell my employer that I am applying for Canadian PR.

dadofethan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Hello, thanks for providing such a good information! Did SINP reached out to your employer for verifying the reference? I am concerned because I am planning to take my reference letter stating a different reason and don't want to tell my employer that I am applying for Canadian PR.
You're welcome. I sincerely hope it helps someone one way or another.
I did ask my direct manager about it and he said no one contacted him. It helps that I am friendly with my manager so I told him about my SINP application beforehand and had him sign my employment letter but SINP did not contact him nor the HR. I am fairly confident that the IRCC will contact employers though so you need to find a way to inform them.

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
SINP won't contact your employer unless the application goes to PIU. The trick is to make a complete and thorough submission w/o giving them an excuse to think on those lines.

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
Hello

Employment Duties
Employment Contract
Projects Completed
Provident fund

Thank you so much for sharing this!

I'm having one question regarding this proof of employment in federal EE stage after nominated by SK. It seems when uploading documents in myCIC, there's no such demand for three supporting documents as requested in SINP. So shall I upload all documents I previously uploaded in SINP, or stick to IRCC requirement of simply uploading reference letter? Please advice. Thank you!

wasi1972

Jan 29, 2018
i
You're welcome. I sincerely hope it helps someone one way or another.
I did ask my direct manager about it and he said no one contacted him. It helps that I am friendly with my manager so I told him about my SINP application beforehand and had him sign my employment letter but SINP did not contact him nor the HR. I am fairly confident that the IRCC will contact employers though so you need to find a way to inform them.
I am working in a govt organization for more than 25 years and now I am a senior executive. I have lot of documents that support that I am in the job that I claimed. My name, department, email address and telephone number is also available in Office website which is easily found since it's a govt body. As I am at a quite senior level I have few seniors in my office. Most of my supervisors got retired from job. So I am thinking of getting the experience letter from my subordinates with whom I worked and still working, who knows what job I used to perform and most importantly who won't disclose it to HR. If I am invited, can I request SINP and later IRCC not to contact my HR, instead they can interview me or they can visit my office with or without notice. They can visit my office anytime as we often have visitors and therefore I won't get exposed to HR. If they at all make phone call to my HR can I request them to do it in a covered way so that my PR purpose isn't disclosed?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i
I am working in a govt organization for more than 25 years and now I am a senior executive. I have lot of documents that support that I am in the job that I claimed. My name, department, email address and telephone number is also available in Office website which is easily found since it's a govt body. As I am at a quite senior level I have few seniors in my office. Most of my supervisors got retired from job. So I am thinking of getting the experience letter from my subordinates with whom I worked and still working, who knows what job I used to perform and most importantly who won't disclose it to HR. If I am invited, can I request SINP and later IRCC not to contact my HR, instead they can interview me or they can visit my office with or without notice. They can visit my office anytime as we often have visitors and therefore I won't get exposed to HR. If they at all make phone call to my HR can I request them to do it in a covered way so that my PR purpose isn't disclosed?
Are you going through Express Entry or paper based. If paper based, SINP states it must be from a supervisor or HR. Subordinates are not your employer.