07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and looked for some answers, hopefully someone can answer them for me.

I applied for SINP under Student Category on January 2012. I am still waiting to hear back from them. My PGWP expires on June 15 2012. Will I be able to get my approval before that???

If I don't get it by June 15, what are my options? What can I do to make sure I am still working and can be in Canada to get my SINP approval? I checked CIC's website about Restoration of Status, and it says that there are 90 days within expiry of my work permit to apply for restoration. Is this applicable for me?

Please all, I need input from experienced people. At this moment, I am going crazy!

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
arif215 said:
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and looked for some answers, hopefully someone can answer them for me.

I applied for SINP under Student Category on January 2012. I am still waiting to hear back from them. My PGWP expires on June 15 2012. Will I be able to get my approval before that???

If I don't get it by June 15, what are my options? What can I do to make sure I am still working and can be in Canada to get my SINP approval? I checked CIC's website about Restoration of Status, and it says that there are 90 days within expiry of my work permit to apply for restoration. Is this applicable for me?

Please all, I need input from experienced people. At this moment, I am going crazy!
You will get reply for sure before expire of your work permit.

best answer of your question is to contact with SINP before 30 days of expiring visa.

Best of luck.

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
shahzad2002 said:
You will get reply for sure before expire of your work permit.

best answer of your question is to contact with SINP before 30 days of expiring visa.

Best of luck.
I am really hoping so but I just can't seem to think straight right now :(

What happens if they do not approve my SINP application?

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
arif215 said:
I am really hoping so but I just can't seem to think straight right now :(

What happens if they do not approve my SINP application?
if u completed their requirement than it should not happen
Secondly, if they dont want to approve than they could send application back within 2 months after u applied.

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
shahzad2002 said:
Secondly, if they dont want to approve than they could send application back within 2 months after u applied.
you will get this month for sure otherwise contact with them.

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
shahzad2002 said:
you will get this month for sure otherwise contact with them.
Thanks for the input Shahzad. My other question would be, what if I lose my job after getting my SINP approval? Do you know what happens then? I am not expecting this, but the company I am with seems to be wavering now.

sim24

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
09-09-2011 (fingerprints)
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
04-17-2012 to LA
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
09-30-2011
Passport Req..
06-19-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2012
arif215 said:
Thanks for the input Shahzad. My other question would be, what if I lose my job after getting my SINP approval? Do you know what happens then? I am not expecting this, but the company I am with seems to be wavering now.
Some ppl say once u apply for federal, do not notify anyone (best option) and other option is to contact sinp office via fax and send them the new job letter with coverpage( i.e what I was told to do when I was thinking to changing jobs aftr sinp by a sinp officer) buh I ended up staying with the same employer..

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
sim24 said:
Some ppl say once u apply for federal, do not notify anyone (best option) and other option is to contact sinp office via fax and send them the new job letter with coverpage( i.e what I was told to do when I was thinking to changing jobs aftr sinp by a sinp officer) buh I ended up staying with the same employer..
But won't Federal call my employers to check whether I am still working with them or not?

And does anybody have an idea on how long it takes to change work permits by faxing SINP new job offer letter? I am asking the time needed to get the new closed work permit.

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
arif215 said:
But won't Federal call my employers to check whether I am still working with them or not?

And does anybody have an idea on how long it takes to change work permits by faxing SINP new job offer letter? I am asking the time needed to get the new closed work permit.
Normally Federal does not call to your employer to confirm your job.
They work on base of your nomination certificate.
But if you have bad luck than they can check.

Anyways, Best of luck

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
shahzad2002 said:
Normally Federal does not call to your employer to confirm your job.
They work on base of your nomination certificate.
But if you have bad luck than they can check.

Anyways, Best of luck
And Shahzad, another question to bug you a bit more :p

If my PGWP does end, I asked one friend and he said that even if it does expire, I can still stay in Canada and wait till my SINP comes in and then apply for Work Permit Extension.

Another friend told me to apply for Work Permit to Vegreville before my PGWP expires, and on that basis I can stay here. And this request will be rejected but then they take 1 month to process. By that time my SINP should come in.

Which one would you agree with here?

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
arif215 said:
And Shahzad, another question to bug you a bit more :p

If my PGWP does end, I asked one friend and he said that even if it does expire, I can still stay in Canada and wait till my SINP comes in and then apply for Work Permit Extension.

Another friend told me to apply for Work Permit to Vegreville before my PGWP expires, and on that basis I can stay here. And this request will be rejected but then they take 1 month to process. By that time my SINP should come in.

Which one would you agree with here?
The best way I already to told you is that wait for your SINP. They will send you before expire your work permit.
You can call them before 30 days of your expire and they will tell you what to do. Instead of asking here and there its better way to contact with them directly.

rehan ali

May 29, 2012
A/S Shahzad..Hope all being well..

Please mate help me I have applied for Visa in Stouffville college .
Rehan_liaquatali@hotmail.com
this is my email please address..I shall be very thankful to you if u get in touch with me..
Await for ur email..
Jazak Allah.

umairmsd

Jul 4, 2012
arif215 said:
Hello all,

So what is new update on your application status >> did u receive your sinp approval before your PGWP expiry ??

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hey Arif,

It's 12th July already, so I suppose your work permit expired last month? What is going on with your case right now? Were you able to get the nomination or are you working on the implied status because I think that was the only thing you could have done. What are you planning on doing if the nomination doesn't come in before you get a response from CIC about the work permit application?

I wish the best for you. I will probably be in this situation next year because I will be eligible to apply for student category in last week of may,2013 but my PGWP expires on 5th of August. And yes i need to work for an year as I started work on 22nd May, 2012. Here is something that might help you although I am pretty much sure you already know about it.

Write the following words on google and open the first search result: "Employment of international students graduating from recognized post-secondary institutions"

Through this policy, your employer would be able to apply for an LMO without recruitment efforts if your job falls under NOC 0, A or B.

Hope to hear back from you. I am in Saskatoon btw and in exactly the same situation..It would be great if we can share our experience..Cheers!!

hafza_jad

Sep 25, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun,12
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
jul,12
shahzad2002 said:
Shahzad,
as i applied for SiNP & got acknolwedgment letter in jul,12, while my current satus is "application received". my all documents which i have provided are all original, but m a little bit confused :::::: how i know my employer has original registed company which has provided me the job offer letters....?????????? & keep in your mind..my employer has submitted his company details, confimatin letter of job offer, french , english language letter etc.....please let me clear it

thanks