IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2014
LANDED..........
06-05-2015
Hi, everyone! I need some advices to help me decide I am going to apply by SINP or ECE. I have a post-graduate work permit, and I worked as a full time pizza cook for about one year in past two years. Also, I started my new job as Administrative Assistant in a small private high school office since September this year. My IELTS test is not that good, the overall score is 5.5, listening is 5, reading is 5, writing is 6, speaking is 5.5. My employer of the high school has already submitted the information form on SINP website, but the status is still not "Active" yet, which means my employer can not post my job position yet. I heard it gonna take a long time to get the job approval letter now (about 3 months). My Post-Graduate Work Permit will be expire in November 1, 2013, so I start thinking about I will go for ECE or SINP. I think I am also qualified to applying ECE.

PS: I did some research by myself, which cook and administrative assistant are both belong to NOC B, and my IELTS also reaches the minimum of NOC B job requirement. If I go for ECE, I don't know my job experiences as a pizza cook and IELTS score are difficult for applying CEC or not. This is what I am worried about ECE. Please give me some advices!

Thanks very much!
Roy

winbxy

Oct 4, 2012
For CEC, there is another question need to be pay attention rather than your job experience as a pizza cook. for example, you need to check your study history in Canada, if it does not meet the requirement which "You must have studied in a program of study or training with a full-time duration of at least 16 months (i.e. two academic years of at least 8 months excluding scheduled breaks, such as summer holidays, in the calculation). " Especially you need to pay attention for your transcript that make sure there are not many credits are transferred. Since i have seen a case that even the applicant graduated from a two-year program from college, she got refused because there are too many credits are transferred from outside Canada and she need to accumulate two-year working experiences instead of one-year.
If everything is fine then you can apply for CEC and it should be ok for your one-year job experience.

Good Luck!

LHope

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2014
LANDED..........
06-05-2015
winbxy said:
For CEC, there is another question need to be pay attention rather than your job experience as a pizza cook. for example, you need to check your study history in Canada, if it does not meet the requirement which "You must have studied in a program of study or training with a full-time duration of at least 16 months (i.e. two academic years of at least 8 months excluding scheduled breaks, such as summer holidays, in the calculation). " Especially you need to pay attention for your transcript that make sure there are not many credits are transferred. Since i have seen a case that even the applicant graduated from a two-year program from college, she got refused because there are too many credits are transferred from outside Canada and she need to accumulate two-year working experiences instead of one-year.
If everything is fine then you can apply for CEC and it should be ok for your one-year job experience.

Good Luck!
Thanks a lot, I graduated as a four years bachelor degree program from University of Regina, and I finished at least 60 credits in U of R, so I think my studying history will be fine.