+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP October 2019 Express Entry ITA Please Join Here

ashish86

Dec 30, 2019
Do let us know whether you were able to finish Indian embassy PCC work in a day. If yes, then i would plan for my 10 hour drive, as i feel its a better option rather than sending the original passport ( i think we should send original) in mail.
We got our Indian PCC and FBI background check done today in Chicago
Both me and my wife got our Indian PCC from the CGI Chicago done and received within 1 hour. My passport was issued in Chicago, but my wife's passport was issued in India. However that didn't matter as we both received our PCC within an hour. The only difference was the fees :)
Please check the CGI website for document you need to send for the PCC. I had to submit both the application form and the personal particular form.

For the FBI background check, we reached the USPS location we had registered and it took the lady around 15 minutes to do fingerprinting for both of us ( 50$ fees per fingerprint ) , and it literally took FBI 1 minute to email us the clearance letter post submission of prints by USPS lady

Nehakapoor05

Oct 2, 2018
Both me and my wife got our Indian PCC from the CGI Chicago done and received within 1 hour. My passport was issued in Chicago, but my wife's passport was issued in India. However that didn't matter as we both received our PCC within an hour. The only difference was the fees :)
Please check the CGI website for document you need to send for the PCC. I had to submit both the application form and the personal particular form.

For the FBI background check, we reached the USPS location we had registered and it took the lady around 15 minutes to do fingerprinting for both of us ( 50$ fees per fingerprint ) , and it literally took FBI 1 minute to email us the clearance letter post submission of prints by USPS lady
Thanks for the details.
So for FBI clearance you didn’t follow the directions mentioned at CIC website? Also how did you found out registered USPS location for finger print?

ashish86

Dec 30, 2019
Thanks for the details.
So for FBI clearance you didn’t follow the directions mentioned at CIC website? Also how did you found out registered USPS location for finger print?
I did follow CIC directions it’s option 1 on the fbi site
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
They have a link to the participating usps locations
Once you register on the fbi website you also need to register on usps website if you are pursuing that route there is a different website for that I will post if you need it
Or you can go to your local police station and have them fingerprint you and then mail the card to fbi
Since we were in Chicago it was convenient for us to the usps route and it’s really quick

ashish86

Dec 30, 2019
Once you register on the fbi website you also need to register on usps website if you are pursuing that route there is a different website for that I will post if you need it
Or you can go to your local police station and have them fingerprint you and then mail the card to fbi
Since we were in Chicago it was convenient for us to the usps route and it’s really quick
This is the usps website to pre-register once you have the fbi order confirmation number
https://ips.usps.com/IdentityCapture/demographic.xhtml

Nehakapoor05

Oct 2, 2018
Thanks for the explanation:) I checked the website, registered USPS is just 2 miles away where I live so it should be easy for me as well!
I will reach out to you separately in case I need more information, right now my application is in received status so this is too early for me.

ZiadShem

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

I received an email from CIC saying that my application is linked to my account.

SINP: ITA: Oct 17; Document Submitted Dec 05 and status still Application received.

Hence, I do not have a clue on this and I request advise from the respected members.

ZiadShem

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

I received an email from CIC saying that my application is linked to my account.

SINP: ITA: Oct 17; Document Submitted Dec 05 and status still Application received.

Hence, I do not have a clue on this and I request advise from the respected members.
I think this was due to update on the CIC website by my agent.

trpadmashree

Sep 10, 2018

Awesome. Thanks for the info in detail.
Could you let us know if you waited for any particular stage of your SINP application to start the PCC process or you started PCC only after your PNP is over? Just curious to know when I should start my PCC ;)

ashish86

Dec 30, 2019
Awesome. Thanks for the info in detail.
Could you let us know if you waited for any particular stage of your SINP application to start the PCC process or you started PCC only after your PNP is over? Just curious to know when I should start my PCC ;)
I started getting PCC only after nomination was approved. I believe the FBI clearance is valid only for 3 months .

Reactions: trpadmashree

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
NOC: 0213. Application submitted on 3rd December. Still in Application Received stage. Anyone here who submitted the application in December and received the nomination?

Reactions: Garth 117