+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sinp Noc 2171 question re education - all viewpoints welcome

Junebaby

Dec 27, 2014
Hello all

I received application ineligible on my sinp application for the following reason

Your work experience in the past 10 years in a high skilled occupation that is considered to be
in‐demand in Saskatchewan is not related to your field of education"

I applied in Noc 2171, my degree is in social sciences, but I have 10 years experience in it service management.

I have decided to do a one year course (postgrad) in I.T and then get the year's experience in my current role. We have immediate family in Saskatchewan so get additional points.
So the question is - if I do an it service management postgraduate certificate does anyone think SINP can reject me again????? NOC Guidelines say a computer science or business admin degree, but this will be more beneficial for my job role.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, so sorry to hear that.

I would highly recommend you contact immigration@gov.sk.ca they are highly responsive.

Regards,

~A

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Junebaby said:
Hello all

I received application ineligible on my sinp application for the following reason

Your work experience in the past 10 years in a high skilled occupation that is considered to be
in‐demand in Saskatchewan is not related to your field of education"

I applied in Noc 2171, my degree is in social sciences, but I have 10 years experience in it service management.

I have decided to do a one year course (postgrad) in I.T and then get the year's experience in my current role. We have immediate family in Saskatchewan so get additional points.
So the question is - if I do an it service management postgraduate certificate does anyone think SINP can reject me again????? NOC Guidelines say a computer science or business admin degree, but this will be more beneficial for my job role.
Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. Got ineligible because I have a petroleum degree while working in IT as a BA. I sent in a second review explaining that my work required a petroleum graduate (I work as an analyst in a Field Data Capture system). Still waiting to hear from them.

Do contact SINP asking if taking the course will be accepted as educational qualification for 2171.

Junebaby

Dec 27, 2014
Thank you both - have sent an email will let you know what they say.
7fifty good luck with second review - do you know how long 2nd review will take?

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Junebaby said:
Thank you both - have sent an email will let you know what they say.
7fifty good luck with second review - do you know how long 2nd review will take?
No, I wish I did :(

But my application is back in process though

Farmanullah

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Nomination.....
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
Waiting
I am preparing my documents to apply under NOC2171 where as my Qualification is Electrical Engineering major Electronics ?

Some can comment on my experience and qualification mismatch ....or it OK.

CANADA IMMIGRATION

Jul 15, 2016
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Farmanullah said:
I am preparing my documents to apply under NOC2171 where as my Qualification is Electrical Engineering major Electronics ?

Some can comment on my experience and qualification mismatch ....or it OK.
100% Mismatch.

You may eligible if you have the following:

MBA (IT), B.SC./M.SC. Computer/Computer Science, B.E./B.Tech in IT or CSE, BCA/MCA.

any IT degree is valid for 2171.

IT + any MBA degree also works.

Junebaby

Dec 27, 2014
Canada immigration is right
I received the following response to my email
any education that is related to information technology would generally be accepted. We will review your transcripts against the job duties to ensure that you have the education that would allow you to complete the job duties

Thank you all for your assistance once again

Farmanullah

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Nomination.....
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
Waiting
Bro,Elecyrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/MCS is the required qualification for IT system analyst/consultant...in our country.hows Electrical Engineering mismatch

Junebaby

Dec 27, 2014
Farmanullah said:
Bro,Elecyrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/MCS is the required qualification for IT system analyst/consultant...in our country.hows Electrical Engineering mismatch
Best Thing to do is email Sinp with your query they go back to me within hours!

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Hi all
I have a similar query.
I did a 3 year Diploma in computer technology then after that I completed my B. Com and after that I did Post Graduate Diploma in Management.

Do you think this is a match for 2171. I was thinking of sending only my B.Com anf PGDM transcripts for ECA but do you guys think I should send Diploma in Computer Technology transcript as well for it?

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
This is very diacouraging. I have a Bachelor in Law (graduated 11 years ago) and have NEVER worked as a lawyer. Yet I have +6 years of experience in communications and online advertising, and I've done several courses and Diplomas. I even teach!! I can't believe they would disqualify me for having a Bachelor in Law. I'm now wondering if applying at all is worth the time and money :/

um1961

Feb 8, 2014
I have a BA degree of 3 years. i did a course of certificate in computer applications, from a reputed institute. i have 4 yrs experience in one of the eligible job titles under noc 2171. will my computer course make a match? btw i am preparing to apply for sinp occupations in demand not the express entry.