+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP & median wages query

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
I see. Thank you for the info. Hopefully we’ll all succeed.
The SINP guys are very, very slow. My only tip would be to ensure that your job is meeting ALL their criteria (full time, non-seasonal, median wage; NOC 0/A/B and the job description aligns to what you're doing etc). A lot of us seem to think having a job where we do 6 different NOCs is okay. It's not. Don't bother. Find a job where you do exactly what your NOC says. Make sure you're getting paid the median wage for your profession - this is a requirement of the program and you should be doing this anyway so that Canada's job market is protected from foreigners undercutting locals (don't be one of those people from India who thinks its okay to work for 50% less than what a Canadian would make etc.).

Thanks,

ultra15

Nov 13, 2018
The SINP guys are very, very slow. My only tip would be to ensure that your job is meeting ALL their criteria (full time, non-seasonal, median wage; NOC 0/A/B and the job description aligns to what you're doing etc). A lot of us seem to think having a job where we do 6 different NOCs is okay. It's not. Don't bother. Find a job where you do exactly what your NOC says. Make sure you're getting paid the median wage for your profession - this is a requirement of the program and you should be doing this anyway so that Canada's job market is protected from foreigners undercutting locals (don't be one of those people from India who thinks its okay to work for 50% less than what a Canadian would make etc.).

Thanks,
Now I understand why the need for a median wage. Thanks for explaining. At first I was thinking it was for the protection of the foreign workers only, so as not to receive very low salary, but it is rather for protection of locals as well. It is a good thing that you brought up about the NOCs, now I will have to make sure that my experience certificates, NOC and job offer match each other. Employer also plays a crucial job in outlining the specific roles in the papers they submit for the job approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Now I understand why the need for a median wage. Thanks for explaining. At first I was thinking it was for the protection of the foreign workers only, so as not to receive very low salary, but it is rather for protection of locals as well. It is a good thing that you brought up about the NOCs, now I will have to make sure that my experience certificates, NOC and job offer match each other. Employer also plays a crucial job in outlining the specific roles in the papers they submit for the job approval.
It's really to protect both sides because many are also willing to work for very little to secure PR. WP holders should be paid appropriately but Canadians pay should not be undercut by WP holders willing to work for less as well.

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
It's really to protect both sides because many are also willing to work for very little to secure PR. WP holders should be paid appropriately but Canadians pay should not be undercut by WP holders willing to work for less as well.
Exactly - and it's not okay.

Doprom

Mar 17, 2022
Hi guys,

My employer put in a Job Approval for me based on my NOC, and the SINP said that I was not being paid the median wage for it. They asked my employer if they are willing to increase it. I didn't know about this requirement, but I understand it's a good mechanism to ensure wages aren't being diluted by international workers.

However, my employer is a relatively new business and they've been very good to me. I don't think they can afford to increase my salary to meet the median wage.

What do we do? I'm also now very worried that all the work I've been doing won't even qualify for CEC, which I'll be eligible to apply for in a few months.
Hey, how does the process went? Did your employer increase your wage to median one or with your regular pay still u got sinp? The median wage needs to be for your whole year experience or it can be okay if u start when u apply for sinp?