+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP & median wages query

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
Hi guys,

My employer put in a Job Approval for me based on my NOC, and the SINP said that I was not being paid the median wage for it. They asked my employer if they are willing to increase it. I didn't know about this requirement, but I understand it's a good mechanism to ensure wages aren't being diluted by international workers.

However, my employer is a relatively new business and they've been very good to me. I don't think they can afford to increase my salary to meet the median wage.

What do we do? I'm also now very worried that all the work I've been doing won't even qualify for CEC, which I'll be eligible to apply for in a few months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

My employer put in a Job Approval for me based on my NOC, and the SINP said that I was not being paid the median wage for it. They asked my employer if they are willing to increase it. I didn't know about this requirement, but I understand it's a good mechanism to ensure wages aren't being diluted by international workers.

However, my employer is a relatively new business and they've been very good to me. I don't think they can afford to increase my salary to meet the median wage.

What do we do? I'm also now very worried that all the work I've been doing won't even qualify for CEC, which I'll be eligible to apply for in a few months.
Are you being paid minimum wage or close to minimum wage? Sometimes this can be a problem for CEC since it can make IRCC doubt you were actually doing a NOC A, B or 0 role.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

Let me just add to the above... Look at the wage range for your NOC in your city / province. If you are being paid at least the minimum, then you should be fine for CEC. If you are below the minimum, that may be a problem. Hope that helps.

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
Let me just add to the above... Look at the wage range for your NOC in your city / province. If you are being paid at least the minimum, then you should be fine for CEC. If you are below the minimum, that may be a problem. Hope that helps.
Thanks scylla for your response.

The minimum wage in SK is $11.45.

My wage is $16. However, after commissions, this may go to $17-$20 as it depends on the number of commissions I manage to get by the end of the year.

The low end for my NOC is $17.31 / median $28.85 / high $38.89.

I'm confident my employer can bump up my base wage slightly, but no way would they do it to the median.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks scylla for your response.

The minimum wage in SK is $11.45.

My wage is $16. However, after commissions, this may go to $16-$20 as it depends on the number of commissions I manage to get by the end of the year.

The low end for my NOC is $17.31 / median $28.85 / high $38.89.

I'm confident my employer can bump up my base wage slightly, but no way would they do it to the median.
It's good you don't make minimum wage. It would be better if you made at least 17.31. I think you should be OK for CEC. (I can't comment on SINP.)

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
It's good you don't make minimum wage. It would be better if you made at least 17.31. I think you should be OK for CEC. (I can't comment on SINP.)
Do you know if they look at the base wage or wage inclusive of commissions? I'm confident I'd be closer to $20 by the time I can apply for CEC.

Also, is it the case they want to see that wage ($17.31) paid across the full year of your work experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you know if they look at the base wage or wage inclusive of commissions? I'm confident I'd be closer to $20 by the time I can apply for CEC.

Also, is it the case they want to see that wage ($17.31) paid across the full year of your work experience?
Sorry - I don't know.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020

No to question number 2.One of my friend had same situation like you. They ask employer to increase wage for ongoing work. And once his employer replied them with new job offer letter with increased wage SINP issued job offer letter with out any delays.

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
So my employer sent a proposal back to the SINP since I last posted and we haven't heard anything back... my employer followed up and called the immigration officer and no response. Is this normal during the Job Approval phase? This is going well past the 8 weeks a JA is meant to take....

ultra15

Nov 13, 2018
So my employer sent a proposal back to the SINP since I last posted and we haven't heard anything back... my employer followed up and called the immigration officer and no response. Is this normal during the Job Approval phase? This is going well past the 8 weeks a JA is meant to take....
Any news on your Job approval? How long did it take?

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
They did but I had a falling out with my employer and got a way better job and will be aiming for CEC first, spousal sponsorship second and SINP as a complete last resort.

ultra15

Nov 13, 2018
They did but I had a falling out with my employer and got a way better job and will be aiming for CEC first, spousal sponsorship second and SINP as a complete last resort.
I see. Thank you for the info. Hopefully we’ll all succeed.