+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Confusion - Computer Science Engineer Allowed?

DishaPatel05

Sep 12, 2020
Hi,

I saw a ray of hope when I learnt SINP allows Computer Programmers (NOC Code - 2174). In the description of in-demand lists, it is mentioned:

"Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered."

Check this link for reference - https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

But, when I search the NOC database for 2174, it doesn't exclude engineering programs. It just says, "A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required".

My B.Tech is in Computer Science and Engineering (4 years program) and I am currently a software developer (although by designation I am "Assistant Project Manager" as I have spent over 10 years in this industry).

So, am I eligible under SINP? The statement - "Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered." in throwing me off and I am very confused.

Thanks!
I am on same boat...have you got any confirmation.?

DishaPatel05

Sep 12, 2020
Same here, in great confusion.

I have applied for NOC 2174 and I have Computer Engineering degree [Not Computer Science Degree, I searched on the internet and come to know that there is subtle difference between computer science and computer engineering ], Not sure if I am eligible for NOC-2174 or not as per below link.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

I have 5+ years of experience in computer programming/development though.
Have you applied ?

yisab

Sep 20, 2020
Any Confirmation?

Can Computer Engineering candidate a
Hi,

I saw a ray of hope when I learnt SINP allows Computer Programmers (NOC Code - 2174). In the description of in-demand lists, it is mentioned:

Check this link for reference - https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

But, when I search the NOC database for 2174, it doesn't exclude engineering programs. It just says, "A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required".

My B.Tech is in Computer Science and Engineering (4 years program) and I am currently a software developer (although by designation I am "Assistant Project Manager" as I have spent over 10 years in this industry).

So, am I eligible under SINP? The statement - "Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered." in throwing me off and I am very confused.

Thanks!
This thread has not yet any confirmation.

Someone Pls update to help.

Atul_K

Mar 1, 2021
Any Confirmation?

Can Computer Engineering candidate a

This thread has not yet any confirmation.

Someone Pls update to help.
I also have the same question. I did B.E in computer science and engineering(4Yrs) and 9+yrs experience in development. The statement - "Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered." is really confusing. Due to this, I have not summitted my EOI to SINP. Can someone please help on this.

akanksha0106

Apr 29, 2021
Hi Mohit,

That is correct. I have updated my comment. Its NOC-2174 and not the NOC-2173 for me. Thanks. Maybe in hurry burry, I spoiled the curry :)
About licence, I applied for CIPS, but I also came to know that they ask for some other proofs as well after membership of ISP. Not sure :(
Hi,
What solution did you get for this?Kindly reply.

akanksha0106

Apr 29, 2021
Hi guys
I have 8 years of Experience with having Masters degree in Computer application and Information Technology.
During the Course of my 8 years of career,I have been entitled "Software Engineer designation"

I hold CIPS Certification with ISP membership.

I have question that should i go with 2173 or 2174.
Earlier i applied for 2173 ,however having considered the education requirement in OID list,it requires education in Engineering Discpline with APEGS evaluated degree.
Currently,I am NOC 2174 applicant since my discpline is valid for that (Computer application and information technology)

however i am doubtful on the matter that i have Designation "Software engineer " entitled on all the work experience certificates where as 2174 are for computer programmer and interactive media developers.Nonetheless job duties performed are similar.

I have more often asked this question to SINP guys,Their answers is always centered on choosing the NOC based on education qualifaction.
Hi,
Did you get any solution for this?Kindly share.

minhaz123

May 8, 2023
Hi,

Thanks!
Brother what is your update. Is your application approved having a Computer Science and Engineering degree?