+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 2016 --- Preparation & FAQs

Trennis

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can4us said:
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and have a question.

I got Bachelor's degree in Electronics and Master's degree in Telecom. Now I am holding a managerial position and the tasks I manage match with NOC 2241 - Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians. Can I apply with NOC 2241 if I have related Bachelor's degree and Master's degree?

Many thanks.
Yes you can, as your NOC is listed in occupation list. It doesn't matter what exact occupation you have in your diploma, but it should be in a related area.

Ichowdhury said:
I have two queries here. Experts pls help:-

1. Apart from 'Occupation in demand' is there any other way of applying to SINP?. Asking my NOC is not listed in it.

2. The required funds are not available in my bank account currently. But we can arrange it in 7-10 days since fixed deposits and other funds have to be broken. So can we do that only after receiving the nomination or do they have to be kept ready beforehand itself.

Please help experienced folks.
1. If your NOC is not listed, the only option in Skilled Worker Category is Employment Offer Sub-Category (with Job offer)

2. You must have your funds on your bank account for at least 3 month prior to submitting your application. They won't give you a nomination without proof of funds.

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Hello people
I see this forum is quite helpful for people who want to apply for SINP and have limited knowledge about the whole thing.
I wanna know the 20 points for having a canadian citizen or PR in saskatchewan. Does the citizen also need to live in saskatchewan or they can be living anywhere in Canada? I have relatives who are citizens living in Ontario but no one in saskatchewan... Is there a possibility I could earn these points?

Trennis

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahs said:
Hello people
I see this forum is quite helpful for people who want to apply for SINP and have limited knowledge about the whole thing.
I wanna know the 20 points for having a canadian citizen or PR in saskatchewan. Does the citizen also need to live in saskatchewan or they can be living anywhere in Canada? I have relatives who are citizens living in Ontario but no one in saskatchewan... Is there a possibility I could earn these points?
Hello ahs,

This is from official application guide:
The applicant or accompanying spouse has a close relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Saskatchewan

You will not obtain any points for your relatives in Ontario.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
ahs said:
Hello people
Sorry, they have to live in Saskatchewan

can4us

Dec 5, 2015
Trennis said:
Yes you can, as your NOC is listed in occupation list. It doesn't matter what exact occupation you have in your diploma, but it should be in a related area.
Thanks Trennis. But I want to make sure since NOC 2241 requires Completion of a two- or three-year college while I have master's degree. Am I requested to apply with skill level A if I have master's degree (NOC 2241 is of skill level B).

Thanks.

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so thankful to you for this thread Nick!! Your timely initiation of this thread helped me complete and submit my application.

Now, please let me know on the following based on which I would send the additional missing documents if any:

1. Were we supposed to upload the secondary education documents as well? - I didn't upload this...

2. Was the settlement plan to be signed and then scanned and uploaded?? - I didn't sign it...

3. I do not have a Birth Certificate (born in India before 1980) as it was not provided in India then.. For all purposes, we used our School Leaving Certificate which contains DoB and name of both the parents as proof of Birth. I even see the following link which indicated that the same will be accepted by CIC and that is what I uploaded in OASIS. But now I am scared if Saskachewan will reject my application for want of this..Could anyone please throw some light??
http://www.cicnews.com/2012/06/question-answer-david-cohen-june-2012-061600.html

Kindly guide.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
letstry said:
I am so thankful to you for this thread Nick!! Your timely initiation of this thread helped me complete and submit my application.

Now, please let me know on the following based on which I would send the additional missing documents if any:

1. Were we supposed to upload the secondary education documents as well? - I didn't upload this...
Absolutely Not.

2. Was the settlement plan to be signed and then scanned and uploaded?? - I didn't sign it...
No Need to Sign.

3. I do not have a Birth Certificate (born in India before 1980) as it was not provided in India then.. For all purposes, we used our School Leaving Certificate which contains DoB and name of both the parents as proof of Birth. I even see the following link which indicated that the same will be accepted by CIC and that is what I uploaded in OASIS. But now I am scared if Saskachewan will reject my application for want of this..Could anyone please throw some light??
http://www.cicnews.com/2012/06/question-answer-david-cohen-june-2012-061600.html
It should be fine in my opinion.

Kindly guide.

Trennis

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can4us said:
Thanks Trennis. But I want to make sure since NOC 2241 requires Completion of a two- or three-year college while I have master's degree. Am I requested to apply with skill level A if I have master's degree (NOC 2241 is of skill level B).

Thanks.
You are not obliged to apply for A skill level occupation, because of your master's degree. They provide with basic minimum requirements in the description. Since Master's degree is higher than these requirements, you can apply. I have the same situation, I've got Master's degree, but will apply for skill level B. It is totally fine.

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
When does SINP open for 2016? Also when do they announce categories in demand for 2016.
Is it mandatory to have valid IELTS score before u apply?

Trennis

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahs said:
When does SINP open for 2016? Also when do they announce categories in demand for 2016.
Is it mandatory to have valid IELTS score before u apply?
Obviously, they are going to open it in January 2016. That time we will also know new occupation list if it changes. But everything is up the them. No one can say exact date for sure.
When you apply, you have to show your valid IELTS scores. All points will be granted to you according to your current results.

In fact, everyone have to prepare ALL the documents mentioned in the requirements beforehand. Except maybe some cases, when you can apply missing some docs, but which you are going to get in just few days and then send them by email, saying that you forgot to attach it. Just in order to get into before intake thresholds has been reached.

Trennis

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trennis said:
Thank you so much!

Ouh...and as we print them out and scan. When I complete the form on my PC, there are fields that become empty as I can't type anything in. (a second citizenship or fax number,for instance) Is it possible to leave them blank?
And coming back to my question. Please, can anyone, who have already applied, say what I should do? What did you do with these blank fields?

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Trennis said:
Obviously, they are going to open it in January 2016. That time we will also know new occupation list if it changes. But everything is up the them. No one can say exact date for sure.
When you apply, you have to show your valid IELTS scores. All points will be granted to you according to your current results.

In fact, everyone have to prepare ALL the documents mentioned in the requirements beforehand. Except maybe some cases, when you can apply missing some docs, but which you are going to get in just few days and then send them by email, saying that you forgot to attach it. Just in order to get into before intake thresholds has been reached.
Thanks for your valuable info.. do u have any idea how long is the application window available for? As in till when the threshold for SINP is met... what if we are in the process of accumulating document and the programs open so how much time do we normally have to apply? Also are these thresholds assigned to individual categories or just an overall number?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Trennis said:
And coming back to my question. Please, can anyone, who have already applied, say what I should do? What did you do with these blank fields?
You can leave those blank, if you're filling on the system

Trennis

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
You can leave those blank, if you're filling on the system
Thanks! ;D

ahs said:
Thanks for your valuable info.. do u have any idea how long is the application window available for? As in till when the threshold for SINP is met... what if we are in the process of accumulating document and the programs open so how much time do we normally have to apply? Also are these thresholds assigned to individual categories or just an overall number?
You are welcome ;)
I think that every day is too valuable to miss it. For instance, Occupation In-Demand in October had been capped within just a week with 1000 applications. I think that EE stream won't take more than a week or week and a half :) (I mean if it opens with 1000 available places)
By the way, EE sub-category was reopened on December 3rd for further 500 applicants, and it still remains open. Will see when it reaches the cap :)

I am preparing documents as well, but I think I won't be able to apply in January though. ;D Hope they will be reopening it again time after time, as it was in the end of this year.

can4us

Dec 5, 2015
Trennis said:
You are not obliged to apply for A skill level occupation, because of your master's degree. They provide with basic minimum requirements in the description. Since Master's degree is higher than these requirements, you can apply. I have the same situation, I've got Master's degree, but will apply for skill level B. It is totally fine.
Thanks Trennis for your valuable reply.