+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 15 Sep 2020 invitees - Please join here

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
All,

I am writing this post for awareness and information for others as I went through this when I received the nomination.

Scenario:
I am a BSc/MCA with NOC code 2173.

In OASIS portal, there is the following question, that was tricky as I didn't had any license and the timelines for CIPS (after I figured I need to apply for ISP under CIPS) was stating that the license could take anywhere between 8-12 weeks. So, the dilemma was whether to select "YES or NO" to the question mentioned below, with the apprehension that if I select YES upfront and do not provide any licensing document, then my application may get rejected or may not move at all.

Does your intended occupation or job offer require Professional Certification or Licensure?* : YES/NO

Actions:

I checked the forums and also reached out to SINP support, that suggested to select either, as I would be asked for the licensing document eventually. SO, I decided to stick to the facts i.e. selected "YES" for the question above as I was aware that licensing is needed.

I applied for the CIPS ISP license around 7 Oct 2020 and received my approved certificate on 16 Dec 2020.

Just a day later, I received ADR for the license. The verbiage for the request for ADR was:
"Your application has been placed on hold until such time as your Professional Status or
Licensure from the Saskatchewan professional regulatory organization is received. Please
submit the document through your OASIS account. "

And the following was mentioned in the OASIS portal at the spot where I had to upload the additional document:
  • Please provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your: - Candidate Membership as an Associate Information Technology Professional (AITP); or - Certified Membership as an Information Systems Professional (I.S.P); or - Certified Membership as an Information Technology Certified Professional of Canada (ITCP). For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals Saskatchewan.

The above paragraph, indicates that CIPS was the correct choice and now am hoping ISP is the right one :)

Hope it helps to all the people who are in the same boat OR new folks looking for some direction.

I am in the same boat.. I received the ADR / License around same time. So what's your application status.. Is it in progress or did you received the nomination.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
WES is for Education Evaluation AND Licensure is from one of the Licensing body for eg: CIPS. Both are independent processes. You should be able to start both of them in parallel. If you already have a report from WES, then the upgrade should take about 7-10 business days. Licensure will take longer depending upon the current processing times - Refer http://www.cips.ca/CertificationStatus for CIPS.
Thanks @canpr80,

A related question.Could you kindly advise

My earlier WES report says this around credential authentication-
" Documents were verified by the institution"

I suspect the same line will be written in the upgraded CxC report.

Now, CIPS guidelines say this- "
If the equivalency assessment does not indicate that the official transcripts were received directly from the institution the official transcripts must also be sent to CIPS."

As the authentication statement in my WES report is different , so do I need to get my transcripts send directly from university to CIPS?
Could you or someone who faced similar dilemma suggest on this please?

Regards,
Vikas

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Frankly I didn't even bothered to look at this, I just updated my report to course by course and gave cips address so they can receive the updated report.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Frankly I didn't even bothered to look at this, I just updated my report to course by course and gave cips address so they can receive the updated report.
Hi @Joe_sinp,

Thank you for your response. My CxC evaluation is in progress and I have input CIPS as the recipient. I have heard that WES provides all the transcripts and this CxC report to CIPS. I hope CIPS will don't raise this unwanted flag and atleast will revert back if they need any further document instead of quashing my case altogether!

If that's OK, could you kindly take a look at your ECA report and tell me what's mentioned in there against the field label "credential authentication", please.

Regards,
Vikas

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
I am in the same boat.. I received the ADR / License around same time. So what's your application status.. Is it in progress or did you received the nomination.
It is still "Waiting for Licensure". I did reach out to SINP support and they stated "We have received your documents. Please note if you are submitting documents in response to the SINP request, your online application status will not change until we have assessed and reviewed the new information submitted."

Hope this helps.

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
Thanks @canpr80,

A related question.Could you kindly advise

My earlier WES report says this around credential authentication-
" Documents were verified by the institution"

I suspect the same line will be written in the upgraded CxC report.

Now, CIPS guidelines say this- "
If the equivalency assessment does not indicate that the official transcripts were received directly from the institution the official transcripts must also be sent to CIPS."

As the authentication statement in my WES report is different , so do I need to get my transcripts send directly from university to CIPS?
Could you or someone who faced similar dilemma suggest on this please?

Regards,
Vikas
I requested duplicate copies for myself, for every evaluation from WES. For CxC evaluation I did the same and I can confirm that it does mention "Credential has been verified by the institution".

dilip87

Jan 20, 2021
Hi ,
I've received my SINP nomination but my Express entry profile and my IELTS expired. Is there any way to create a new EE profile without IELTS or is it a must to take my IELTS ? (if so is it ok to take my IELTS after 2 months ,due to medical issues)

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi ,
I've received my SINP nomination but my Express entry profile and my IELTS expired. Is there any way to create a new EE profile without IELTS or is it a must to take my IELTS ? (if so is it ok to take my IELTS after 2 months ,due to medical issues)
I want to understand this better. Did you receive your nomination (600 points) or did you receive the invite from SINP. Because for later you would definitely needs IELTS score to submit you application to SINP.

dilip87

Jan 20, 2021
I want to understand this better. Did you receive your nomination (600 points) or did you receive the invite from SINP. Because for later you would definitely needs IELTS score to submit you application to SINP.
I've already got my SINP Nomination ( approved )

Nov 19, 2020
I said i have close relative in my SINP but i checked my relatives they dont qualify any one of them in above criteria.

What should i do?
I also have same Question- I have my cousin (Mother-Sister- Son) Saskatchewan PR Holder. My mom and her sister's passport having same Father's name. What document i should obtain to prove relation of cousin. I have checked in India all govt departments no one is clear. My grandfather (Nanaji) death certificate is not available. However my Grandmother (Nani ji) Adhar Card and Death Certificate is available. Another issue is my Nanaji name on Naniji Death certificate is in short form (KL Chadha) however on my mother passport its Kashmiri Lal Chadha. Please assist how to resolve this issue asap. If someone have obtained such document in India pls guide.

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
1) I sent enquiry email to info@cips.ca along with my ECA & resume
2) Mary Jean asked me to read this http://www.cips.ca/CertificationApplications and suggested to go for I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience route (yours might be different)
3) Upgrade ECA to course-by-course (please note that WES needs to send this directly to CIPS) - It takes around one week in my case to upgrade
4) Once everything is ready (Application Form, Reference Letters, Ethics Exam (Very Easy), Payment, Resume, WES course-by-course Reference number with a completion date), sent all the documentation to certification@cips.ca to do the processing
5) They provide the tracking number to track your application & link to check the certification queue
6) I started the certification process in Mid April 2019 & completed by End of October 2019

Best of luck guys !!!
What was your NOC code ?

Dec 20, 2018
Thanks Saurabh. I understand you selected engineering bec you have bachelor's degree in engineering and I guess you would be sending your report to APEGS. In my case, by virtue of degree being related to IT and computers I shall select the related option.
BTW, have u taken membership of the licensing body before going ahead with WES course by course upgrade?
Cheers..
Yes, I applied for APEGS before the WES course by course. WES charges 10$ per additional reports, so they charged me course by course fees + 10$ for sending it to APEGS.

Dec 20, 2018
Could someone kindly advise if we need to take membership of licensing body BEFORE starting with WES report upgrade OR can the membership be taken later on also?
TIA!
I think you can take it later on also. You can send reports to as many recipients as you want, WES charges 10$ for each recepient. In my case, I applied for APEGS and then went for Evaluation of my BE degree and once that was complete applied for course by course

mrkamran82

Jan 21, 2021
Hey All,

So for NOC 2173 this license is required. I am applying for EOI and I don't have this license shall mark yes or no in the EOI form?
you should mark NO if you dont have license. Once you get license, you may change to YES. License would be requested once you will get the ITA but it is recommended to process it to save time after getting the ITA.