+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 15 Sep 2020 invitees - Please join here

trungnh91

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
HI guys, I submitted my application on Nov 12th and it is still in AR. NOC 4033. Any updates as of yet guys?

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hi All,

I got ITA on Sept 16 '2020 and complete application was submitted on Oct 28th. NOC code 2173. I don't have any license.
Does this mean I will definitely get ADR? Has anyone seen people being nominated without license?
Also, I have studied BCA and MCA. Which license I would require? APEGS or CIPS?

Kindly help
TIA,
Vikas

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi All,

I got ITA on Sept 16 '2020 and complete application was submitted on Oct 28th. NOC code 2173. I don't have any license.
Does this mean I will definitely get ADR? Has anyone seen people being nominated without license?
Also, I have studied BCA and MCA. Which license I would require? APEGS or CIPS?

Kindly help
TIA,
Vikas
I am in the same boat. You will get the ADR and your application will be put on hold (like mine). You should apply for CIPS license and apply it as early as possible because as of now wait time is 5-6 months easily.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
I am in the same boat. You will get the ADR and your application will be put on hold (like mine). You should apply for CIPS license and apply it as early as possible because as of now wait time is 5-6 months easily.
Hi Joe_sinp,

Thank you for your prompt kind response. I totally agree. It's better to start early and get license in parallel.

Do you have similar qualifications as mine i.e. BCA and MCA? Kindly confirm.

I was in doubt around the license type because in few threads there are people who got ADR for APEGS instead. This noc 2173 is really confusing as it consists of software 'engineer'
+ 'designer' and SINP put these two categories under APEGS /CIPS separately. I wonder, what if I start CIPS now and later on receive ADR for APEGS! I guess lot of people face this dilemma.

Could you please let me know your thoughts here.

Regards,
Vikas

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi Joe_sinp,

Thank you for your prompt kind response. I totally agree. It's better to start early and get license in parallel.

Do you have similar qualifications as mine i.e. BCA and MCA? Kindly confirm.

I was in doubt around the license type because in few threads there are people who got ADR for APEGS instead. This noc 2173 is really confusing as it consists of software 'engineer'
+ 'designer' and SINP put these two categories under APEGS /CIPS separately. I wonder, what if I start CIPS now and later on receive ADR for APEGS! I guess lot of people face this dilemma.

Could you please let me know your thoughts here.

Regards,
Vikas
Well you can’t say anything for certain with SINP. I also have non engineering qualifications like you and in there ADR they asked for CIPS.

The idea behind is that if you have non engineering qualifications you can’t get APEGS license and then cips is the only option left.

Send a mail to them and ask them. Do mention few of your RnR and job roles and then let them suggest the license.

Dnt worry there are hundreds of tech invitations this year and I am sure alot of them have license related questions.

Cheers!!!

Reactions: Vikas_Har

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Well you can’t say anything for certain with SINP. I also have non engineering qualifications like you and in there ADR they asked for CIPS.

The idea behind is that if you have non engineering qualifications you can’t get APEGS license and then cips is the only option left.

Send a mail to them and ask them. Do mention few of your RnR and job roles and then let them suggest the license.

Dnt worry there are hundreds of tech invitations this year and I am sure alot of them have license related questions.

Cheers!!!
Thank you @Joe_sinp. I got your point. Yep.
I will go with CIPS.

Cheers!!

PrateekD79

Jul 25, 2019
Thanks everyone for valuable views.
Regarding CIPS licences, Could some one send me the sample template of the docs to be sent at dhawanprateek@hotmail.com.
and post NOI from SINP, what all documents are required to be submitted.

Thanks and Regards
Prateek

Dec 20, 2018
In SINP website there is a page "AUTHORITY TO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION". It says All users must agree to disclose information as stated below in order to continue.

I am not getting any option to agree. Is it same for everyone.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hi Joe_sinp,

Need your advise around WES report upgrade. Could you please help?
I am trying to upgrade WES report from document by document to course by course. There is a drop down field- "Licensing/Certification Type". From this drop down, which of the following two options should be selected?:
1) Computer Science and Technology Related Fields
2) Engineering-Related Fields

What exactly is the implication of this field. Please suggest.
Thanks,
Vik

Dec 20, 2018
Hi Joe_sinp,

Need your advise around WES report upgrade. Could you please help?
I am trying to upgrade WES report from document by document to course by course. There is a drop down field- "Licensing/Certification Type". From this drop down, which of the following two options should be selected?:
1) Computer Science and Technology Related Fields
2) Engineering-Related Fields

What exactly is the implication of this field. Please suggest.
Thanks,
Vik
I am BE + Mtech, I selected Engineering-Related Fields.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
I am BE + Mtech, I selected Engineering-Related Fields.
Thanks Saurabh. I understand you selected engineering bec you have bachelor's degree in engineering and I guess you would be sending your report to APEGS. In my case, by virtue of degree being related to IT and computers I shall select the related option.
BTW, have u taken membership of the licensing body before going ahead with WES course by course upgrade?
Cheers..

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Could someone kindly advise if we need to take membership of licensing body BEFORE starting with WES report upgrade OR can the membership be taken later on also?
TIA!

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
Could someone kindly advise if we need to take membership of licensing body BEFORE starting with WES report upgrade OR can the membership be taken later on also?
TIA!
WES is for Education Evaluation AND Licensure is from one of the Licensing body for eg: CIPS. Both are independent processes. You should be able to start both of them in parallel. If you already have a report from WES, then the upgrade should take about 7-10 business days. Licensure will take longer depending upon the current processing times - Refer http://www.cips.ca/CertificationStatus for CIPS.

canpr80

Sep 17, 2020
All,

I am writing this post for awareness and information for others as I went through this when I received the nomination.

Scenario:
I am a BSc/MCA with NOC code 2173.

In OASIS portal, there is the following question, that was tricky as I didn't had any license and the timelines for CIPS (after I figured I need to apply for ISP under CIPS) was stating that the license could take anywhere between 8-12 weeks. So, the dilemma was whether to select "YES or NO" to the question mentioned below, with the apprehension that if I select YES upfront and do not provide any licensing document, then my application may get rejected or may not move at all.

Does your intended occupation or job offer require Professional Certification or Licensure?* : YES/NO

Actions:

I checked the forums and also reached out to SINP support, that suggested to select either, as I would be asked for the licensing document eventually. SO, I decided to stick to the facts i.e. selected "YES" for the question above as I was aware that licensing is needed.

I applied for the CIPS ISP license around 7 Oct 2020 and received my approved certificate on 16 Dec 2020.

Just a day later, I received ADR for the license. The verbiage for the request for ADR was:
"Your application has been placed on hold until such time as your Professional Status or
Licensure from the Saskatchewan professional regulatory organization is received. Please
submit the document through your OASIS account. "

And the following was mentioned in the OASIS portal at the spot where I had to upload the additional document:
  • Please provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your: - Candidate Membership as an Associate Information Technology Professional (AITP); or - Certified Membership as an Information Systems Professional (I.S.P); or - Certified Membership as an Information Technology Certified Professional of Canada (ITCP). For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals Saskatchewan.

The above paragraph, indicates that CIPS was the correct choice and now am hoping ISP is the right one :)

Hope it helps to all the people who are in the same boat OR new folks looking for some direction.

Reactions: Vikas_Har