+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single Mother (Unmarried) Applying for PR Application with dependent child

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hello. Please if anyone could help me. I received an ITA and is in the process of collecting documents for my PR application and my daughter's. I am a single mother, was never married and was never in contact with the father since she was born. The father did not acknowledge the paternity in the birth certificate, the father's name section was blank, no signature of the father. I have the following questions:

1. Do i have to provide proof that I have legal custody of the child?
2. Do I have to declare my child's father and siblings?
3. What are the documents that I need to upload under my child's section?

I would appreciate if anyone could give light to this dilemma.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello. Please if anyone could help me. I received an ITA and is in the process of collecting documents for my PR application and my daughter's. I am a single mother, was never married and was never in contact with the father since she was born. The father did not acknowledge the paternity in the birth certificate, the father's name section was blank, no signature of the father. I have the following questions:

1. Do i have to provide proof that I have legal custody of the child?
2. Do I have to declare my child's father and siblings?
3. What are the documents that I need to upload under my child's section?

I would appreciate if anyone could give light to this dilemma.
You should specify which country you/the child are from. Important because legal regime matters.

I'm guessing from your profile picture that you're from PH. My (very limited) understanding is that if father is not on the birth certificate in PH, then very low (no) chances father can ever have any rights with respect to the child. You'll likely need to provide the basic docs and explanation of the situation and this legal background.

But you're not the first, this has come up on the forums here before.