10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
tran and abel

This is so annoying, people in the air for 12+ hours and for the immigraton if it takes that much time. Kids would go mad crying in the airport. I wonder what did they do by taking 3 hours for clearance, This is I think for transfering data to other computers like CIA and Homeland Security etc. if they give green signals from there I think Canadian port authority let the new immigrants enter Canada.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
tran said:
Hi Abelkwh,

thanks for the warning about Vanouver Airport. Sorry to hear about your missed scheduled flight to Calgary. Do you need to pay for your flight to Calgary?You waited 3 hours in the queue! That was an incredibly long wait. Did it take a long time to do the actual landing procedure for immigration and customs? Did the customs ask for your "Goods to accompany" & "Goods to follow" forms, and check your luggages thoroughly? Did the immigration ask for proof of fund and address for your PR card?

We will stay 2 nights in Vancouver, take in the sights, then proceed to Calgary.
Hi Tran,

the IOs actually didnt take that long to process my landing, the wait was for the others whom have landed before me, there was a backlog of newly landed immigrants waiting to be cleared for initial landing which led me to wait for 3 hrs! Any missed flights caused by the immigration will be re-scheduled FREE of charged if u have missed the flights initially planned. Yes, the customs had to see the list of good accompanying if u intend to import the goods after u have landed or come in the 2nd time.

If u land to stay in Van for 2 nights then u r fine with the wait but just be ready for such long wait.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
jnathan said:
tran and abel

This is so annoying, people in the air for 12+ hours and for the immigraton if it takes that much time. Kids would go mad crying in the airport. I wonder what did they do by taking 3 hours for clearance, This is I think for transfering data to other computers like CIA and Homeland Security etc. if they give green signals from there I think Canadian port authority let the new immigrants enter Canada.
It was annoying indeed to wait for 3 extra hours to be cleared for initial landing but what choice do we have if u want to be a PR in a foreign land. U just have to follow the rules and wait! its ok to wait cause this is only once in yr lifetime to wait for the initial landing process.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Hi Tran

If u plan to stay and live in Calgary. This could be a guide for u to follow according to what i did today in getting all the necessary things done.

1) Get to Calgary Centre Service Canada Centre at Harry Hays Building, Suite 270, 220 4th Ave South East, Calgary. To get yr SIN done. NOte for Tran, if u had worked in Vancouver when u were a student at SFU or u ever had a SIN before, u also need to get a new SIN but they will ask u and also inform them if u have an ex-SIN many yrs back, which i had before. Then they will re-process yr SIN based on yr new status as a PR. A new SIN will be issued instead but the old SIN datas will need to be retrieved by them. If u do not have the old SIN number, its OK cause the officers will have them.

2) While u are downtown, after completing yr SIN, go to a Bank to deposit and open a bank ac. Most banks want proof of address such as mail, utility bill with yr name and address (which if u have just landed, u would not have) then i would recommened u go open the bank ac with Bank of Montreal, cause they did not require any evidence of address from me, while other banks such as Nova Scotia and TD and Alberta Financials needed a proof of address.

3) After getting the bank ac opened, while still in downtown, i would recommend u to register for AMA (alberta automobile assoication), a cost of around $93 for yr AMA card, which will assist in u getting Alberta Health Insurance done at the same place for free and with a shorter and faster queue. AMA will only do it for u if u are an AMA member, otherwise, go to any of the calgary registry downtown to get yr health done. In these registeries then u will need to take time to queue and usually many people would be waiting. So to save u time and further convenience, use tha AMA one and u get many more benefits if u are a driver in the future.

Bank of Montreal is downtown, close to the Canada Service centre.
Registeries are these in downtown:

(a) The Licensing Co (Calgary) Inc, Bow Valley Square IV, 283, 250, 6 Ave SW, Calgary (403) 299-2373
(b) New Urban Registry, 4, 140, 11 Ave SW, (403) 262-9999

4) After u are done with those above, if u already have a Singapore licence but u had yr BC licence before, with no breaks in btw, u may be able to get a direct conversion of yr SG licence to Alberta one, which i did. Otherwise, register for theory test on those 2 registries listed above but only the (b) one allows u to take the actual driving test with an appointment, while the first one is only for theory test. U can also register for health service at the 2 above.

Hope that helps.

I did all these within a day downtown!

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
edidigit said:
@ rajeev107

I just check again the website of Police in Singapore they explicitly mention that the application requirements is not acceptable ? how did u manage to solve this issue ? I really appreciate your help since I don't have time I have to submit PCC this week.

Documentary proof from the immigration authority requiring the certificate. (A print out of the application requirements is not acceptable.)
I got a new email from the CHC

"Please send all supporting documents, minus the police certificates, to the CIO.

Thank you for your inquiry
High Commission of Canada "

princemainali

Apr 9, 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/04/2010
getting police clerence from singapore is big deal. they need some proof that we need police certificate. this delay my process by many weeks. i dont understand why???? otherwise by this time i could submit full docs to visa office.

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
princemainali said:
getting police clerence from singapore is big deal. they need some proof that we need police certificate. this delay my process by many weeks. i dont understand why???? otherwise by this time i could submit full docs to visa office.

So what did u do ? You saw the email that I got the CHC in Singapore said send All documents to CIO without PCC !?

princemainali

Apr 9, 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/04/2010
edidigit said:
So what did u do ? You saw the email that I got the CHC in Singapore said send All documents to CIO without PCC !?
friend

i reveived my AOR then i send them copy to let them know i am porcessing for canada immigration. i hope it is in process now coz no reply from them so far.

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
princemainali said:
That is not an issue any more. I had written for clarification on this, and was advised to bring along the checklist as proof of the change in policy. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I have since obtained the Police Clearance last week.

tran

May 10, 2009
abelkwh said:
Hi Tran

If u plan to stay and live in Calgary. This could be a guide for u to follow according to what i did today in getting all the necessary things done.

1) Get to Calgary Centre Service Canada Centre at Harry Hays Building, Suite 270, 220 4th Ave South East, Calgary. To get yr SIN done. NOte for Tran, if u had worked in Vancouver when u were a student at SFU or u ever had a SIN before, u also need to get a new SIN but they will ask u and also inform them if u have an ex-SIN many yrs back, which i had before. Then they will re-process yr SIN based on yr new status as a PR. A new SIN will be issued instead but the old SIN datas will need to be retrieved by them. If u do not have the old SIN number, its OK cause the officers will have them.

2) While u are downtown, after completing yr SIN, go to a Bank to deposit and open a bank ac. Most banks want proof of address such as mail, utility bill with yr name and address (which if u have just landed, u would not have) then i would recommened u go open the bank ac with Bank of Montreal, cause they did not require any evidence of address from me, while other banks such as Nova Scotia and TD and Alberta Financials needed a proof of address.

3) After getting the bank ac opened, while still in downtown, i would recommend u to register for AMA (alberta automobile assoication), a cost of around $93 for yr AMA card, which will assist in u getting Alberta Health Insurance done at the same place for free and with a shorter and faster queue. AMA will only do it for u if u are an AMA member, otherwise, go to any of the calgary registry downtown to get yr health done. In these registeries then u will need to take time to queue and usually many people would be waiting. So to save u time and further convenience, use tha AMA one and u get many more benefits if u are a driver in the future.

Bank of Montreal is downtown, close to the Canada Service centre.
Registeries are these in downtown:

(a) The Licensing Co (Calgary) Inc, Bow Valley Square IV, 283, 250, 6 Ave SW, Calgary (403) 299-2373
(b) New Urban Registry, 4, 140, 11 Ave SW, (403) 262-9999

4) After u are done with those above, if u already have a Singapore licence but u had yr BC licence before, with no breaks in btw, u may be able to get a direct conversion of yr SG licence to Alberta one, which i did. Otherwise, register for theory test on those 2 registries listed above but only the (b) one allows u to take the actual driving test with an appointment, while the first one is only for theory test. U can also register for health service at the 2 above.

Hope that helps.

I did all these within a day downtown!
Wow! Thanks for your information, appreciate it. You must be exhausted for having done so much in one day.

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Temasek said:
That is not an issue any more. I had written for clarification on this, and was advised to bring along the checklist as proof of the change in policy. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I have since obtained the Police Clearance last week.
Thank you for your information .would you please let us know what exactly u did and what u have shown to them as the proof of the policy changed ? do we need to send the police authority email first ?

L

len2ts

hi everyone. how's the visa processing in singapore now? is it faster than the previous months? thanx!

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
edidigit said:
Thank you for your information .would you please let us know what exactly u did and what u have shown to them as the proof of the policy changed ? do we need to send the police authority email first ?
Hey! He never gave credit to the person that told him all that information! :D

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
jnathan said:
tran and abel

When I landed in Toronto last November I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. No queues, nothing. Didn't even ask me for a list of goods accompanying or goods to follow. The queues are long because it is summer and most people are choosing to immigrate now to make it in time for kids to start school during the fall. Whenever you are dealing with government agencies, expect to have a long wait. It is pretty much the standard regardless of which country you are in.

misuk

Jul 7, 2010
syedrahman1980 said:
I applied in singapore office in last year. Actually what do you want to know or share ?

Good luck.

SYED
hello all!
i am a Bangladeshi applicant applied for PR under NOC4131. and sent full documents on June 2010 but still i h event gut any second AOR from the visa office . for your information, while applying for the first time , i was unmarried and married bfeore sending full documents . i wrote them relating to the change . that's why i send full docs and fees for my spouse at the time of sending full documents with all relevant documents. is it that cause for which they are making delay for issuing second AOR?
could any one saduggest me if they face such experience .
thanks and best regards