+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singaporean applicants under FSW

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
edidigit said:
Thank you for your information .would you please let us know what exactly u did and what u have shown to them as the proof of the policy changed ? do we need to send the police authority email first ?
My original intent after reading the requirements was to get a letter from them to state that they will not issue the Police Certificate without an official letter from the CHC, eventhough the requirements have since been changed. Instead they replied that under the circumstance, I could come by with a copy of the checklist and make the application. Guess since the partway has already been created, you only need to bring along the checklist as proof of the change.

tran

May 10, 2009
A little update on Suncor and other oil-sands producers.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-29/suncor-cenovus-push-for-higher-output-from-oil-sands-after-prices-climb.html

aliyah1523

Oct 25, 2009
"The last chapter of my life has been written, and
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 19,2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 25,2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
May10,2010
IELTS Request
Feb22,2010
File Transfer...
Feb10,2010
Med's Request
July 31, 2010
Med's Done....
August 5 , 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
September 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 09, 2010
hi guys may i ask where did you do your medicals here in singapore? and do we need to call for an appointment or we can walk in? thanks :D

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in your medical request letter, there is a paper listed all the DMPs. you can select anyone of them.
some of them need appointment, some not.
You can call them before you visit them.
ahorse.

calvin

Jul 23, 2009
I thought I will just continue with this thread since we are all from Singapore.

I was told by some people that you could buy car even with an international driving permit but at a higher insurance premium. Does anyone has any experience in that? Also where does one go for to get all the driving record letter and no claim discount letter? Traffic police? Insurance companies?

I will be settling in vancouver permanently in one month time.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Calvin

Just be ready for the high rental and expenses over at Vancouver. A friend of mine just landed in Vancouver 3 weeks ago, from SG, and was complaining of the higher living expenses compared to SG. Rentals for 2 bed room run around 1200 to 1500 for basement suites out of Vancouver itself, in Coquiltam and would be higher in Van itself.

And if u do not have any experience over there before, better for u to familiarise yrself with many of the canadian systems, including taking drivers test etc.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
tran said:
A little update on Suncor and other oil-sands producers.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-29/suncor-cenovus-push-for-higher-output-from-oil-sands-after-prices-climb.html
Hi Tran

Seems like this is the business that u should be getting into! hehehe;-)

tran

May 10, 2009
abelkwh said:
Hi Tran

Seems like this is the business that u should be getting into! hehehe;-)
Yes, a shovel and a bucket from Home Depot, and starts digging.
Whatever comes my way, job or biz. opp., I will take it.

tran

May 10, 2009
abelkwh said:
Calvin

Just be ready for the high rental and expenses over at Vancouver. A friend of mine just landed in Vancouver 3 weeks ago, from SG, and was complaining of the higher living expenses compared to SG. Rentals for 2 bed room run around 1200 to 1500 for basement suites out of Vancouver itself, in Coquiltam and would be higher in Van itself.

And if u do not have any experience over there before, better for u to familiarise yrself with many of the canadian systems, including taking drivers test etc.
I have a friend who bought a townhouse in Port Moody, Greater Vancouver, seems contented. Another who is renting a tiny house(half-duplex)
in Burnaby is making plan to move to Montreal - complaining that the costs of living and house prices are too high.

tran

May 10, 2009
Landed in Vancouver on 26th Aug at 2120hrs. Immigration office for landed immigrants
was closed; asked to join the common queue The airport looked relatively quiet.

Immigration formalities took about 30 minutes. The usual questions - forwarding address for
PR cards, POF, etc. The customs did not ask for B4 or B4A forms; just took a look at the
declaration form provided by the airline.

We took the shuttle bus provided by Comfort Inn Vancouver Airport. We tried to sleep but unable.
Next morning we bought the BC Transit day pass($9 for adult and $7 for kid above 5), and explored
Vancouver. I noticed Vancouver has changed a lot since the last time when I was there in 1988.
Vancouver was rated as the best city to live on numerous occasions. In my opinion, the rating for
Vancouver is highly exaggerated. Chinatown has changed for the worst; many shops were boarded
up. Downtown Eastside(skid row) is a disgrace - walkways smell of urine, vomit, mentally deranged
with push carts prowling the streets, etc. The cost of living is high. You need deep pocket to live
in Vancouver. In general, Canadians are helpful and courteous.

Today, 28th Aug, we are heading to Calgary. Let's see how it compares to Vancouver. I wish everyone
finds what he or she is looking for in Canada.

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Glad to see that you have landed safely, Tran.

The last time I was in Vancouver was in 1982 and I was 6 years old then. My cousin is studying at UBC and she loves it there, but I also think that it has to do with being independent and being in a college environment.

Keep me updated on the happenings in Calgary! And you have my contact info if you ever need advice or help on anything.

Abel should be in Regina by now, hope to hear from him soon too!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
good to see you back media !

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Hey Tran and Media

Yeah, already in Regina since Friday, couldnt access to internet cause still doesnt have internet service at my apt till next week, managed to get back to campus to use the net today. Was trying to get over the jetlag like Tran as well, have been sleeping quite a bit today, close to 14 hrs to catch up the lack of sleep over the flight.

Hey, Tran, glad u guys made it back to Vancouver on the same day as me, i was in Van that day too and the new immigrants counter were close and had to join the students and workers queue but it took my wife only 10 mins to clear the customs as i had already made the landing some time back and i didnt have to get any letter from the canadian consulate back in Shanghai cause my passport was visa free access into Canada, had no problems landing at the customs. Customs officer was great and everything went pretty smoothly with our excess luggage and 2 bikes! hahah.

Let us know how u doing in Calgary, Tran, i will be in Calgary on the 31st Aug as well. If possible, maybe we could hook up or something in Calgary, i will be there for a week till 4th Sept.

My mobile is found on my email if u need to call me.

Cheers to all in Canada!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
This Thread should get revived.

Abel, Tran and Media. Write here sometimes please.

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Hi All. Anyone of you used a local bank's Demand Draft to pay your application fee? I used one of the "big 4", and am getting conflicting information on whether I would be able to track whether it has been encashed. So far I have received "Yes", "No", & "Yes but subject to payment of a fee" replies. How was your experience?