AOR Received.
May 1st, 2009
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
August 26th, 2009
LANDED..........
June 11th, 2010
My experience with Singapore office has been simply brilliant! The total time between submitting “detailed papers” and visa stamp was approx. 120 days (they waived off the interview). You just need to make sure that your application is “COMPLETE” in all respects. There is no harm in providing “additional details” which are not required as such. For example, I got all my transcripts evaluated from WES Canada, which was not a requirement.

tran

May 10, 2009
lovebug,

Only 120 days - you must be under the super duper fast track scheme.
And where will you make your first landing in Canada?

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
I submitted my "short form" application late last year (probably Sep-Dec can't really remember when it was a busy time) as a Federal Skilled Worker. I got the request for more information in Feburary and submitted the information late April.

I just got a letter dated Aug 27 telling me that an interview was not required and asking me to go for a medical exam and to pay the right to permanent residence fee.

I was also surprised that I got a letter requesting a Police Check from Australia (I studied there from 1995-1998). I had submitted this in late April. Since the Australian Federal Police mails it directly to the Canadian High Commission, I am assuming that the mail got lost somewhere in the chain. Anyway, it cost A$105 and I think I may have to fork out the money again if i can't track down my bank draft receipt. Initially I didn't think that they didn't even want it because they wanted background checks from countries I've lived in the last 10 years and I last lived in Australia in July 1998 but I submitted it anyway.

Few questions:
1. How soon can I expect to get my permanent residency after I submit my medical exam results and all the stuff they requested? I know there's a step where I will have to submit my passport to the high Commission.
2. Why was my interview waived? Is this a good or bad thing?
3. My uncle applied under Federal Skilled worker. His application took close to 4 years. Why was mine so fast (about 1 year). I'm single with no dependents. He is married with 2 children. Could that be why?
4. I am very worried that I may not get the Police Check from the Australian police in time (60 days of Aug 27). I'm going to try to send out the form by the end of this week (must go to Cantoment Complex to get my fingerprints taken). I'm already 1 week in, Australian police says it'll take 15 working days for the check, plus all the mailing back and forth). Has anyone had experience asking for an extension of any deadline from the Canadian High Commission?

Any other information or advice you guys can provide would be most helpful.

tran

May 10, 2009
I believe yours is under the fast track 38 NOC for those who applied
after 27 Feb 2008.

I received my PCC from Cantoment Police Complex in exactly 14 days.
My request to get it earlier was denied; even though I am willing to pay more for it.

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
Hi, Tran.

Please keep us update as my timeline and yours is merely 4 months. btw, may I know which city you choose to land on the application and which nationality are you?

mathu

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
LIONCITY
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE-2007
hi trans..

Do u know that if 2007 june application in process can apply in fast track?i am also in singapore?mybrother already migarated in 2007 . I am waiting for my documents update for 2007 batch Simplified application.

Did u finish the IELTS test?how the score?

buhari

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks for your sharing. I am a Singaporean too and choose to land in Vancouver. While I was checking the CHC website few days ago, they have updated the waiting time for Singapore applications from 50 months to 54 months. After learning from your sharing, I hope to hear from them within 6 months.

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
tran said:
Mediajunkie,

Did you submit IELTS result? Tks
No, I was never even asked to submit my IELTS. I got my Bachelors and Honours from Australia and Master and Ph.D. from the U.S. and at the time of the application was a professor at a US university for 8 years. I also sent in my O and A level certs where I had A1 for English and General paper too. Maybe that's why I was exempt.

Anyway I got the CNCC a long time ago. They want a proof of no criminal record from the time I was in Australia from the Australian police. I got the form sent out again today this time by courier so I can at least track when it reaches them.

Anyway I'm landing in Toronto, Ontario in case anyone's interested. My parents and siblings are already there, my dad applied through investment 10 years ago. I was too old at that time to be considered a dependent but my younger siblings weren't.

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
oh....got friends in Vancouver. Might move to Kelowna after that. will settle wherever there is job. but what brings you to Calgary? It is cold there.

tran

May 10, 2009
Mediajunkie,

With your kind of background, no wonder CIC didn't ask for IELTS.
CIC should simply asked you to buy an airticket for Toronto. And
spend more time on other cases.

tran

May 10, 2009
ashtay said:
oh....got friends in Vancouver. Might move to Kelowna after that. will settle wherever there is job. but what brings you to Calgary? It is cold there.
My wife's aunt and cousins live in Calgary. We might move at a later stage.
Kelowna is booming and the property prices are not as insane as Vancouver.
Alberta is booming too; minerals and oil sands - just dig it.