+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singaporean applicants under FSW

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
hi mediajunkie

care to share why you chose toronto, other than the fact that your parents and siblings are already there?
if they are already there, will u still go to toronto?
or will you go to vancouver or somewhere else?

thank u

mediajunkie said:
tran said:
Mediajunkie,

Did you submit IELTS result? Tks
No, I was never even asked to submit my IELTS. I got my Bachelors and Honours from Australia and Master and Ph.D. from the U.S.

Anyway I'm landing in Toronto, Ontario in case anyone's interested. My parents and siblings are already there, my dad applied through investment 10 years ago. I was too old at that time to be considered a dependent but my younger siblings weren't.

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
2. Why was my interview waived? Is this a good or bad thing?
That is a VERY GOOD thing! No interview means they are satisfied with your work experience and qualifications. You must be very highly qualified and worked for very well-known employer.
I have a friend who worked for IBM and his interview was waived. Another friend, also in the IT line, had to go for an interview because he worked for some unknown small company.

3. My uncle applied under Federal Skilled worker. His application took close to 4 years. Why was mine so fast (about 1 year). I'm single with no dependents. He is married with 2 children. Could that be why?
If you applied after Feb 2008, you are under the new rule --- list of 38 occupations. This is faster than the old system.

Don't you miss Singapore? LKY and LHL never ask you to stay?

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks, Tran.
I have not received any news from CIC so far. Btw, may I know where you get the IELTS test in Singapore? I will have to go take first before they ask for it. Thank you.

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
Hi Tran,
Have you got the result of the IELTS test yet? Is your application in the 38 job list or do you have a job offer? Please give me your timeline.

Thanks

tran

May 10, 2009
I got 14 out of 16 points for language proficiency. I applied under the old
simplified system prior to 27th Feb. 2008. My job description is also under NOC 38 list, but I prefer to wait. No job offer. "In Process" status since Oct. 2006.

mathu

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
LIONCITY
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE-2007
hi trans

are u singaporean?have u received the option letter to withdraw application by CIC .

buhari

mathu

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
LIONCITY
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE-2007
hi trans...

please expalin when did u applied?

buhari

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
maoist said:
hi mediajunkie

care to share why you chose toronto, other than the fact that your parents and siblings are already there?
if they are already there, will u still go to toronto?
or will you go to vancouver or somewhere else?

thank u

mediajunkie said:
I lived in Michigan (US border state from Ontario) for 8 years, so I went to Toronto quite often and am very familiar with the city. I'll go anywhere in Canada if there's a job offer, but for now I think I'll go stay with my parents for a couple of years and save up some money to buy my own place and then I'll be ready to move.

My parents chose Toronto because they find that it is more multicultural than Vancouver and property prices are also cheaper. My brother hadn't attended university yet and they felt that there were more universities there to choose from (my bro's at UT now). There is also a small Singapore-Malaysian community there. Can't compare to the number of Hongkees and mainland chinese, but they felt that it will also help them with the transition.

My uncle is probably moving to Vancouver though. My cousin is studying at UBC and his wife is from Hong Kong and she feels that she'll adapt better there. The winters are also less harsh. He makes more money than my dad so property prices don't worry him as much as it did my folks.

tran

May 10, 2009
I applied in Sep. 06 and "In Process" status since Oct. 06. I ignored
the "option to withdraw" letter - meaning I'm still interested. The
British Council just submitted my IELTS test result to CIC.

Now, just pray and wait for medical request.

tran

May 10, 2009
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers

I noticed alot of Singaporean applicants did not submit IELTS result.
Is it because of exemption? Confident of obtaining high points through written
submission?

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
over confidence.
a lot of singaporean applicants think they are native english speakers

tran said:
trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers

I noticed alot of Singaporean applicants did not submit IELTS result.
Is it because of exemption? Confident of obtaining high points through written
submission?