+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore VO. Let's connect.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
No idea why they are progressing PNP but even if they start fswo later I just hope they just start it.

Why are they only working on PNP files? Do you have any idea?
Do you think different teams work on different categories?

Although it's a good sign that something is happening. Probably they will start processing FSW once they are done with PNPs.

Smile24x7

Mar 8, 2016
It's based on when you did your medicals..
However, I am now in a dilemma since I have just 30 days to submit my passport and they normally take up to 30-45 days for the passport to be returned. (As mentioned by CVAC officer, not sure if that is the reality)

However, as my Company in Singapore is processing my working permit there too and it might come available anytime in the next 2-3 weeks, I really don't know what to do now :(

Should I just submit my passport and delay my work? Or should I go to Singapore first then submit passport over there with a big rush as the deadline could be very closed?

Much appreciated for all of your guidance and comments. Please help :( Thank you!!

Gina

hearobear

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However, I am now in a dilemma since I have just 30 days to submit my passport and they normally take up to 30-45 days for the passport to be returned. (As mentioned by CVAC officer, not sure if that is the reality)

However, as my Company in Singapore is processing my working permit there too and it might come available anytime in the next 2-3 weeks, I really don't know what to do now :(

Should I just submit my passport and delay my work? Or should I go to Singapore first then submit passport over there with a big rush as the deadline could be very closed?

Much appreciated for all of your guidance and comments. Please help :( Thank you!!

Gina
Maybe you can try calling SVO to ask their opinion if there is such a thing as rushed passport processing.

Reactions: Smile24x7

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
I hope the delay at SGVO will prove to be a blessing in disguise. Once they start processing the files they will process them in a blink without causing much complications.

RSRS

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
EOI: 20th Dec15 LAA: 13th Jan16 Appl submitted: 6th Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
14th Dec'16
AOR Received.
CIC Stage: Appl package received 29Dec16 AOR on 20th Feb 17
File Transfer...
03Mar17
Med's Request
31stJan18
Med's Done....
03rdFeb18
We have no idea why. But we also hope for the same result. By now, I guest the latest PNP file transferred to SGVO is only AoR Mar end - early April, and they have cleared up to 13 Mar file (known). So eventually they'll be running out of PNP and have to work on FSW.
Btw did you join our whatsapp group?
https://chat.whatsapp.com/HrR1gpVLUEB250dWlJYBKn

MPNP-paper based here.

AOR-February'17
FT-March'17
Addl doc. request-May
Addl doc. provided-June

waiting for MR.

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
I have observed a few things based on the very informative excel file containing data of applicants stuck at SGVO. The oldest FSW file sent to SGVO was in late May 2017 (if we don't consider that of Mr. Le Hoa, whose info I think might be wrong and hasn't been verified).
Around the same time earliest PNP files, who are receiving PPR now, were also transferred to SGVO.

Mine was transferred in early June. There are many others whose files were transferred in batch in June. Based on the available data there's no record of any FSW or PNP (EE) files sent to SVO before 'May 2017' who hasn't got PPR yet.

So based on the data it can be assumed that files (FSW and PNPs) transferred before May, 2017 were already cleared by SGVO.

Files transferred starting from late May (all types) then got stuck. So there was a reason. A missing factor. The same missing factor affected both types of files transferred around the same time.

It might be agents/officer shortage, vacation or leave.

Then we can see the PNP files, which were transferred around the same time as earliest FSW, start being processed.

So let's assume whatever the problem they had during 'May-August' period has now been sorted and things are back on track, which can be seen from PNPs being processed.

PNPs and FSWs both were stuck during the same time frame and earliest files of both categories were transferred to SGVO around the same point of time. So can be said that the same people who process PNPs will also process FSWs. Because since they were not around both files got stuck (transferred in May- August).

So the missing factor (whatever that might be has been filled as can been seen from PNP's PPR rain!).

Therefore, I predict very soon the FSWs who are stuck in SGVO will start getting good news.

Just a matter of 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Another observation.

They are processing one type of file at a time for a reason. Like all PNPs first and then FSWs.

This might be done to get greater efficiency.

If someone has to do two types of activities like 'sorting' and 'pasting'. You might do all the sorting first and then start pasting.

If you have to chop two different types of fruits, say apples and oranges, you might chop all apples first and then oranges.

It's just about doing similar activities together, a basic management principle for greater specialization and efficiency.

Last edited:

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
PNPs and FSWs both were stuck during the same time frame and earliest files of both categories were transferred to SGVO around the same point of time. So can be said that the same people who process PNPs will also process FSWs. Because since they were not around both files got stuck (transferred in May- August).
Very good point there mate

lthoa82

Sep 14, 2017
Hi all :),
Finally registered to share my application time line detail ( Mr Le Hoa as mentioned in comment of KASK).
I applied under QSW at Federal stage.
- 27/01/2017 My application received by CIC
- 09/03/2017 File transfered to SVO
- 08/05/2017 Medical request and Police Clearance for 2 years in Canada and PPPR request at
- 17/05/2017 1st Medical done -> Sputum test required by IOM
- 07/06/2017 -> Police Certifcate and PPPR paid sent to SVO
- 15/06/2017 -> Background change from NA to in progress
- 10/07/2017 & 03/08/2017 : Receive notification about medical result missing
- 15/07/2017 : -> Background change from in progess to processing
- 17/08/2017 Sputum test negative, 2nd X-ray done
- 24/08/2017 Medical passed

From 24/08 to now, there is no update in my account :(

Smile24x7

Mar 8, 2016
Maybe you can try calling SVO to ask their opinion if there is such a thing as rushed passport processing.
I emailed them yesterday @hearobear, and the SGVO responded within a day. They suggested me to arrive in SG first then I can go to the CVAC in SG to submit my passport. I guess that is how things will go then.

Many thanks for your kindness. I hope PPR comes soon for you and all the members waiting here in this post. Best of luck!!

Gina

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hi all :),
Finally registered to share my application time line detail ( Mr Le Hoa as mentioned in comment of KASK).
I applied under QSW at Federal stage.
- 27/01/2017 My application received by CIC
- 09/03/2017 File transfered to SVO
- 08/05/2017 Medical request and Police Clearance for 2 years in Canada and PPPR request at
- 17/05/2017 1st Medical done -> Sputum test required by IOM
- 07/06/2017 -> Police Certifcate and PPPR paid sent to SVO
- 15/06/2017 -> Background change from NA to in progress
- 10/07/2017 & 03/08/2017 : Receive notification about medical result missing
- 15/07/2017 : -> Background change from in progess to processing
- 17/08/2017 Sputum test negative, 2nd X-ray done
- 24/08/2017 Medical passed

From 24/08 to now, there is no update in my account :(
Nice to meet you Le Hoa. In fact, your timeline corroborates the fact that SGVO was working well at a point of time (around March - May 2017).

From your timeline it appears that your case is slightly different though. I think to some extent that caused the delay.

And then unfortunately, like many of us, you fell into that 'Late May- August' mysterious black hole.

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
I have observed a few things based on the very informative excel file containing data of applicants stuck at SGVO. The oldest FSW file sent to SGVO was in late May 2017 (if we don't consider that of Mr. Le Hoa, whose info I think might be wrong and hasn't been verified).
Around the same time earliest PNP files, who are receiving PPR now, were also transferred to SGVO.

Mine was transferred in early June. There are many others whose files were transferred in batch in June. Based on the available data there's no record of any FSW or PNP (EE) files sent to SVO before 'May 2017' who hasn't got PPR yet.

So based on the data it can be assumed that files (FSW and PNPs) transferred before May, 2017 were already cleared by SGVO.

Files transferred starting from late May (all types) then got stuck. So there was a reason. A missing factor. The same missing factor affected both types of files transferred around the same time.

It might be agents/officer shortage, vacation or leave.

Then we can see the PNP files, which were transferred around the same time as earliest FSW, start being processed.

So let's assume whatever the problem they had during 'May-August' period has now been sorted and things are back on track, which can be seen from PNPs being processed.

So the missing factor (whatever that might be has been filled as can been seen from PNP's PPR rain!).

Therefore, I predict very soon the FSWs who are stuck in SGVO will start getting good news.

Just a matter of 1-2 weeks.
I hope your words become true. It has already become a lo...ong wait.

doverraja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Singapore
App. Filed.......
28-11-2017
Doc's Request.
12-12-2017
Hi guys, whats the procedure for medical test in SG?

Do we need to do this after AOR or after ITA?

May i also know the cost of the tesT?

Thanks