+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Update. Thanks

Canadian Immigration and Citizenship

You can travel to Canada if your CoPR was approved after March 18, 2020 and you are travelling from the United States to settle and live in Canada. If you are a permanent resident with a CoPR that was approved before March 18, 2020, you can also travel to Canada.

If your CoPR was issued on or after March 19, 2020, and you are travelling from outside the United States, then the travel restrictions apply. You will have to wait until those restrictions change to come to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved
If your CoPR has expired, you will need to follow the steps before you can travel to Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-expire

Bader Rashid

Aug 16, 2020
I want to come in canada to work there and start a new life there in canada but seriously guys i dont have much money to pay and dont know anything about the paper work of canada so please can somebody help me to get me there in canada i will pay the ticket and medical fees but cant pay the visa fees anybody help me please

vnboy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.

Canada’s missions are providing essential services only. We are unfortunately unable to finalise permanent resident applications and issue visas and COPRs at this time.

Please be informed that the Government of Canada has announced travel restriction measures that currently restrict air travel to protect Canada from the outbreak of COVID-19. While these restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted.

Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html to find out about exceptions and what other measures have been put in place to protect Canada from the outbreak of Covid-19. In order to board a flight to Canada, you must show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason and not for reasons that are optional or non-essential, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment. Please note that you must isolate for 14 days when you arrive in Canada even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory for all. You must have a plan to isolate when you arrive in Canada. If you do not have a plan, you will need to delay travel until you have made one.

We will instruct you on how to proceed to have your Permanent Resident application finalised and your visa(s) and COPR(s) issued once the travel restrictions have been removed.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,
BC low case but can’t travel to Canada, Ontario high case but no travel restrictions for international. Can’t believe Canada government.

saddevilblues

Mar 11, 2020
Hi, anyone got PPR from SGVO recently? My application has been approved for a few months already, pending PPR. FSW stream.
Have you tried contacting SGVO for PPR with an intent to travel and settle permanently in Canada, knowing that the local VAC is already operational and accepting passport upon the request letter?

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi guys, my home address was disappeared last two weeks and it has appeared again 48 hours later.
and my e-CAS is still showing "in process" and last update was medical result have been received on 15, March by IRCC.

Dose it means that my file is being updated or may good news on the way.?

Last edited:

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Have you tried contacting SGVO for PPR with an intent to travel and settle permanently in Canada, knowing that the local VAC is already operational and accepting passport upon the request letter?
I did and received a response that they are unable to finalise PR apps now, and issue COPRs due to travel restrictions. Are you saying I should indicate I have intent to settle permanently?

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
Seems our applications are all in limbo.

I have passed medicals and received pre arrival services but it seems ppr and copr are not possible until border restrictions are lifted. God knows when!

saddevilblues

Mar 11, 2020
I did and received a response that they are unable to finalise PR apps now, and issue COPRs due to travel restrictions. Are you saying I should indicate I have intent to settle permanently?
Yes. It might help, as they are currently discouraging soft landing. And once they lift the restrictions, they might be hesitant to issue COPR without a guarantee that the applicant wants to settle permanently, rather than soft landing or no travel at all during these times.

Reactions: quelash13

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Yes. It might help, as they are currently discouraging soft landing. And once they lift the restrictions, they might be hesitant to issue COPR without a guarantee that the applicant wants to settle permanently, rather than soft landing or no travel at all during these times.
Thanks for the reply, I'll look into that.

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi, anyone got PPR from SGVO recently? My application has been approved for a few months already, pending PPR. FSW stream.
Yes.. some people got DM and COPR for just two weeks ago "August 2020", but they are protected persons Oversea .

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Heard some people from SGVO is getting GU. Did anyone of you received anything? pls share if you did.