+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office

OT13

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hi @OT13 : Would you mind telling me what they replied. Thank you.
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.

Canada’s missions are providing essential services only. We are unfortunately unable to finalise permanent resident applications and issue visas and COPRs at this time.

Please be informed that the Government of Canada has announced travel restriction measures that currently restrict air travel to protect Canada from the outbreak of COVID-19. While these restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted.

Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html to find out about exceptions and what other measures have been put in place to protect Canada from the outbreak of Covid-19. In order to board a flight to Canada, you must show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason and not for reasons that are optional or non-essential, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment. Please note that you must isolate for 14 days when you arrive in Canada even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory for all. You must have a plan to isolate when you arrive in Canada. If you do not have a plan, you will need to delay travel until you have made one.

We will instruct you on how to proceed to have your Permanent Resident application finalised and your visa(s) and COPR(s) issued once the travel restrictions have been removed.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.

Canada’s missions are providing essential services only. We are unfortunately unable to finalise permanent resident applications and issue visas and COPRs at this time.

Please be informed that the Government of Canada has announced travel restriction measures that currently restrict air travel to protect Canada from the outbreak of COVID-19. While these restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted.

Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html to find out about exceptions and what other measures have been put in place to protect Canada from the outbreak of Covid-19. In order to board a flight to Canada, you must show that you’re travelling to Canada for an essential reason and not for reasons that are optional or non-essential, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment. Please note that you must isolate for 14 days when you arrive in Canada even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory for all. You must have a plan to isolate when you arrive in Canada. If you do not have a plan, you will need to delay travel until you have made one.

We will instruct you on how to proceed to have your Permanent Resident application finalised and your visa(s) and COPR(s) issued once the travel restrictions have been removed.

Sincerely,
Thank you @OT13

Reactions: OT13

cphung

Jan 25, 2020
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sincerely,
Thanks for information sharing. It means SGVO will not issue any COPR or PPR until travel restriction is lifted. But do you get DM in Ecas ?

OT13

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Thanks for information sharing. It means SGVO will not issue any COPR or PPR until travel restriction is lifted. But do you get DM in Ecas ?
I think that's the case with all Outland VOs. What's DM in ECAS?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Guys all the COPR expired people have been going through tweet storms in Tweeter. Can we do something like this who is in the SGVO with approved or non approved applications? we really cant sit on and wait for our future. We need to be proactive and try our level best to atleast get a medical extension of 1 year even if we don't get COPR right now.

What do you guys think about it?

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I applied for Visitor Visa for my Spouse from Singapore in July 2020. However after submitting biometrics there has not been any movement. I am currently a Canadian PR so hoping to get her visa processed under Immediate Family as the travel restrictions do not apply to her.

Rakprov2018

Aug 5, 2020
I applied for Visitor Visa for my Spouse from Singapore in July 2020. However after submitting biometrics there has not been any movement. I am currently a Canadian PR so hoping to get her visa processed under Immediate Family as the travel restrictions do not apply to her.
I am in the exact same boat as you. I have applied for my spouse's TRV in July 2020. No response as of now. Please update here if anything changes on your side. I'll do the same too.

quinzinho

Aug 8, 2020
Hi All,
I'm a resident in Malaysia, got a work permit application pending. It has been applied by my company's lawyer in Canada.
Gave bio-metrics last week at VAC in KL.
1. Does Singapore visa office still process these applications? I see an expected processing time of 15 weeks quoted at Canadian Immigration website. This seems very lengthy..

2. Also, if Singapore visa office approves it, can I even get the actual work permit since I understand VAC in KL does not provide this service?

thank you for your advice..

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
Hi All,
I'm a resident in Malaysia, got a work permit application pending. It has been applied by my company's lawyer in Canada.
Gave bio-metrics last week at VAC in KL.
1. Does Singapore visa office still process these applications? I see an expected processing time of 15 weeks quoted at Canadian Immigration website. This seems very lengthy..

2. Also, if Singapore visa office approves it, can I even get the actual work permit since I understand VAC in KL does not provide this service?

thank you for your advice..
I have no idea on number question 1.:(

answer on question 2. SGVO will ask your passport for visa stamping only. you can have the actual work permit once you are in Point of entry in Canada either in Vancouver or Toronto.

Reactions: quinzinho

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
We hope they will begin call the applicants for passport request soon..

6 August 2020
The VAC in “Jakarta” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 24th August 2020 (Monday & Wednesday from 8:00 to 11:00). Applicants are requested to send their passports to the VAC by mail or using a courier service. Submission of passports in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
The Canada VAC in “Jakarta” is closed to the public, but will provide passport return services via courier only with effect from 24th August 2020 (Monday & Wednesday from 8:00 to 11:00). A VAC representative will contact applicants whose passports are ready to be returned and will provide further details regarding how passports will be returned to applicants via the courier service provided by the VAC.

• Love
Reactions: OT13