+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office

ayreen

Apr 20, 2016
@quelash13 How many days it took you to get a reply from them? I raised a web form to SGVO and assumed it will take max 5 working days but didn't hear from them, so I raised another webform to central IRCC and got a reply to contact SGVO. So, I raised another web form today and with my utter surprise found they may require 28 working days to reply. https://ibb.co/wy6bPj1
I raised webform to get update on 11th Feb, 2020. I was also surprised to see the reply time was 28 working days. Got reply on 27th Feb, 2020; which however was of no use....very generic....it says:

'Thank you for your enquiry to the migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore. We have received the documents you submitted to our office. Your application is currently queued for review and decision by an officer.
All applications are processed in order, according to the date on which each completed application was received by our office. Once the review of your application has been completed, our office will contact you to advise the next steps.
Until the review has been completed, we will not be able to provide any further information. Please wait to be contacted by our office.
We hope this information will be of assistance. '

I had specifically asked about Background, security, criminality.

sajibhasan

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
I raised webform to get update on 11th Feb, 2020. I was also surprised to see the reply time was 28 working days. Got reply on 27th Feb, 2020; which however was of no use....very generic....it says:

'Thank you for your enquiry to the migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore. We have received the documents you submitted to our office. Your application is currently queued for review and decision by an officer.
All applications are processed in order, according to the date on which each completed application was received by our office. Once the review of your application has been completed, our office will contact you to advise the next steps.
Until the review has been completed, we will not be able to provide any further information. Please wait to be contacted by our office.

Thanks , Now I have lost all hope and faith in this. When was your AOR? It's more frustrating for me as my wife is in Canada on study permit. :(

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020

Hi Ayreen,

Even when you asked for these information related to Background ,Security , crimimality ,you got back their generic response from SVGO?
Did you order GCMS Note?
Thanks

Last edited:

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore

Have you ordered notes? Based on their reply, it seems like your case is pending final review for Eligibility to be Passed. My guess is that your eligibility is Recommend Passed as well.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Hi Ayreen,

Even when you asked for these information related to Background ,Security , crimimality ,you got back their generic response from SVGO?
Did you order GCMS Note?
Thanks
Hi @NB_AIPP when will your notes arrive? I think there are many of us in queue for an officer to review our case at SGVO, highly likely a lot of us are at Recommend Passed.

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi @NB_AIPP when will your notes arrive? I think there are many of us in queue for an officer to review our case at SGVO, highly likely a lot of us are at Recommend Passed.
Hi Quelash13,

I got the Pre-Arrival Service on July 25,2019. As checked on their website : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services/eligibility.html , it means the eligibilty was passed. It is a matter of time, I have to wait patiently.
You can get free in-person and online services, if:

• we approved your permanent residence application
  • you’re currently outside Canada
  • you have one of these documents:
    • a letter from us saying you can get pre-arrival services
    • a confirmation of permanent residence letter
    • a passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance
    • a letter from us asking for your medical exam results
    • a single-entry permanent resident visa
    • a letter from us letting your know you can pick up your permanent resident visa
Thanks.

sajibhasan

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019

Luckily got the reply today and unfortunately it is generic..:'(

"Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
Your application was transferred to the Singapore migration office on September 11, 2019.

This application is currently placed in queue for review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application. It will be reviewed in chronological order according to the application received date.

Kindly wait to be contacted by the migration office for further instructions. If you wish to update any information to your application, you may do so via the Web form or inform this office.

Information on application processing times can be found here. Applicants can check their case status on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) online account.

We hope this information will be of assistance."

Now only hope is getting the GCMS on time and know the reason behind the delay.

Reactions: quelash13

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Luckily got the reply today and unfortunately it is generic..:'(

"Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
Your application was transferred to the Singapore migration office on September 11, 2019.

This application is currently placed in queue for review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application. It will be reviewed in chronological order according to the application received date.

Kindly wait to be contacted by the migration office for further instructions. If you wish to update any information to your application, you may do so via the Web form or inform this office.

Information on application processing times can be found here. Applicants can check their case status on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) online account.

We hope this information will be of assistance."

Now only hope is getting the GCMS on time and know the reason behind the delay.
Hi sajibhasan,

"It will be reviewed in chronological order according to the application received date" . What is the application received date? The date that IRCC received our applications or the date they are transferred to Singapore?

My AOR is June 24,2019. How about yours?
I think there were a lot of backlogs they have to clear before they review our applications.

sajibhasan

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
My AOR is August 24. I am not sure what date they consider but IRCC website showed the following info:
Receiving a transferred file
Offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews, should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the received file’s “lock-in” date. This means that an application that is received in Paris in July 2015 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2016 would enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2015.

Reactions: quelash13

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
My AOR is August 24. I am not sure what date they consider but IRCC website showed the following info:
Offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews, should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the received file’s “lock-in” date. This means that an application that is received in Paris in July 2015 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2016 would enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2015.
Thank you for your sharing. We are waiting in a queu now. Hope all things go smoothly!

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
@quelash13 can we get any information by calling the IRCC if the file is being processed outside Canada?
From my personal experience and what I have read here, the call centre agent will say that they cannot disclose any information once the case is being processed at LVO as they have no access to the status of the application. They will then suggest that you reach out directly to the LVO, which is what we have done, by email.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
@NB_AIPP @sajibhasan I believe the 6 month date starts from when R10 was passed. In my case it was 9 Sept, although I am 24 Aug AOR.

Reactions: sajibhasan