+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office

reiayunan

Mar 27, 2022
I hope someone could spare some time to answer my question. This may have been answered before already but there are just too many pages to backread on, I hope you understand.

Anyway... I submitted my work permit application in Sweden, well, the immigration lawyer my company hired sent it on my behalf while I was living in Sweden. I am now in Singapore, and still waiting for the approval but I am anticipating getting a response from IRCC this week or next week. I am under the GSS/GTS category (was eligible for the 2-week processing but with the delays and stuff it's almost 2 months now since I submitted my Biometrics in Sweden, which was March 15th).

So my question is: Assuming I already got the approval, once I send my passport to VFS here in Singapore for visa stamping (it's called PPR, right?) how long will the Singapore Visa Office get it done and send the passport back to me?

Hoping for a response and thanks in advance! :)

Rsrao

Apr 21, 2022
I hope someone could spare some time to answer my question. This may have been answered before already but there are just too many pages to backread on, I hope you understand.

Anyway... I submitted my work permit application in Sweden, well, the immigration lawyer my company hired sent it on my behalf while I was living in Sweden. I am now in Singapore, and still waiting for the approval but I am anticipating getting a response from IRCC this week or next week. I am under the GSS/GTS category (was eligible for the 2-week processing but with the delays and stuff it's almost 2 months now since I submitted my Biometrics in Sweden, which was March 15th).

So my question is: Assuming I already got the approval, once I send my passport to VFS here in Singapore for visa stamping (it's called PPR, right?) how long will the Singapore Visa Office get it done and send the passport back to me?

Hoping for a response and thanks in advance! :)
I visited VFS last week for my biometrics and did ask same question and their answer is 10-15 working days for stamping and receipt of passport through courier

Reactions: reiayunan

Kahl Lee

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Anyone applied for a study permit with the SGVO as their VO? The delays are killing me! Any updates?!

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
I feel like SGVO is more timid and reactive. After covid hit... they were one of the last ones to return to full functionality. Now that new changes have been announced to Immigration (partly resulting from c19 bill) and draws for FSW returning in July, they are uncertain of how it will affect them and so they don't do anything.

Hypothetical Example... like if one person catches the flu... they'll shut the whole office down... to prevent spread... almost like they don't want to be there... like no excuse is too small.

Last edited:

Kahl Lee

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
I feel like SGVO is more timid and reactive. After covid hit... they were one of the last ones to return to full functionality. Now that new changes have been announced to Immigration (partly resulting from c19 bill) and draws for FSW returning in July, they are uncertain of how it will affect them and so they don't do anything.

Hypothetical Example... like if one person catches the flu... they'll shut the whole office down... to prevent spread... almost like they don't want to be there... like no excuse is too small.
The only way is to keep contacting them! Reaching out to decision makers at the top will be helpful I hope!

Bannu123

Jun 29, 2022
I received confirmation from Singpost that passports were delivered to VFS on 24th Jan. This is for Study Permit. I am yet to receive tracking number from VFS as of today - 29th Jan. May I check how long the process is?. I have a travel plan on 1st of July and I need to reschedule this. Without confirmed date or timeline, I am confused. Which phone number should I contact to check the status?

• Wow
Reactions: shank15

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Does anyone know how long it takes to process a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) in Singapore?
Nevermind, my PRTD was approved in 1 day. It took 2 days by speed post to be delivered to VFS, one day to for the passport to be delivered to the IRCC office from VFS and then the very next day, I got notified that a decision was made and passport was dispatched. Overall, it took around 5 days since I sent my passport to VFS.

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi, can anyone advise me on how I can submit my passport to VFS Singapore for PPR?
You need to mail your passport to VFS with the rest of your documents, 2 photographs (specifications should be mentioned in the letter you received) and a Cashier's Order (don't quite recollect the amount). The best thing is to talk to someone at VFS. When it was my turn to submit my passport, I actually went down to VFS at Cecil Street and asked them what to submit. They will tell you what to send and how to send it.

maplestaple

Jun 30, 2022
You need to mail your passport to VFS with the rest of your documents, 2 photographs (specifications should be mentioned in the letter you received) and a Cashier's Order (don't quite recollect the amount). The best thing is to talk to someone at VFS. When it was my turn to submit my passport, I actually went down to VFS at Cecil Street and asked them what to submit. They will tell you what to send and how to send it.
Thank you so much for responding. This is very helpful! I was unable to get in touch with them on the phone. I’ll go down to Cecil street as well.

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi, can anyone advise me on how I can submit my passport to VFS Singapore for PPR?
If in Spore, hand deliver passport to VFS for a receipt. If you opt for the SMS/email service, they will track passport processing for you until ready for collection.