+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore visa office?!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone has submitted application to Singapore office?
Anyone who has successfully applied through Singapore visa office?

Lets share out thought here!

My application has been processed at Singapore visa office since March 31.........now still in process.

How about you guys?

Thanks,

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
Someone on another forum who sent in his application in September just got his visa request. In the last month, I've heard of about 3 people who have gotten their visa requests, so Singapore is definitely at work.

I'm still waiting, just like you. :)

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Nothing here as well NguyenTu!

At least I'm accepted at Federal and Provincial levels! I'm hoping to see my status go to "In Progress" soon.

Cheers,
Jean

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Guys, not to be the bearer of bad news, but the applications once recieved by the embassy IN Singapore, is averaging 4-9 months, as per the CIC Website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

You might try reviewing other cases on the trackitt website, to see how you fare compared to others in your similar circumstance - as well you can see if there are any trends [slow downs, speed ups etc..].

Have Patience and Good Luck , we are all riding the same boat :).

Jean - I have also heard that some ppl won't see the e-cas change, and even they have their visa in their hand but e-cas hasn't updated yet. I don't know why that is...but sadly the case.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah i know its ranging from 4 to 9 months as stated on their website.
Mine is now in progress (started processing March 31). Hopefully i will hear something from CIC Singapore in the end of July or beginning of August.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rasha said:
Guys, not to be the bearer of bad news, but the applications once recieved by the embassy IN Singapore, is averaging 4-9 months, as per the CIC Website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

You might try reviewing other cases on the trackitt website, to see how you fare compared to others in your similar circumstance - as well you can see if there are any trends [slow downs, speed ups etc..].

Have Patience and Good Luck , we are all riding the same boat :).

Jean - I have also heard that some ppl won't see the e-cas change, and even they have their visa in their hand but e-cas hasn't updated yet. I don't know why that is...but sadly the case.
In my opinion, e-cas change is not really important. The most important thing is that after a few months of submitting our application, we get a written letter from Visa office with the good news ha ha.....I guess we will have to wait. Oh one thing that would definitely help you keep your patience, "DONT CHECK E-CAS TOO OFTEN", just check once every 2 weeks or maybe 3 weeks ha ha

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
I still check eCAS twice a day anyways - it gives me something to do.

I'm just around 5 months of processing time in Singapore. I'll let you guys know if anything happens with my application so you can get a heads up on their processing time. :)

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
Just an update for all you guys with applications in Singapore. Their average processing time has increased to 5 - 11 months. Bad news for us all. :(

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
According to the CIC website my wife's Permanent Residence was processed in Singapore on Dec. 16. Couple more weeks and it would be 6 months not including the 2 months I originally put in the sponsorship papers for a total of 8 months wait.

I was thinking of ordering CAIPS note anyone done that? They say it would take 5 to 6 weeks to receive the CAIPS note which I think is too long.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your wife from Vietnam?
So it has been 6 months for you and no news from CIC. I have never done a CAPIS before. Any advice?

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
nguyentu2001 said:
Is your wife from Vietnam?
So it has been 6 months for you and no news from CIC. I have never done a CAPIS before. Any advice?
My application began processing on December 22, just days after yours and I have heard nothing as well.

Don't bother ordering the CAIPS notes. At least wait to see if you'll be getting called for an interview - that way at least the notes will be useful and provide you the reasons why the interview was required. You don't want to order them now and then find out later on that they want an interview, and then you have to order them again.

Besides, we're all still in the normal processing times.

horsie

Apr 15, 2009
just found out CAIPS note cost just $5 for Canadian citizens within Canada. If outside Canada will cost between $40 to $120 which scared me initially but I was willing to fork over that money for peace of mind. And yes my wife is in Vietnam.

I'll research this CAIPS note further when I have some free time.