+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office gather here please, let's keep in touch!

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
I raised a webform on Monday 23rd aug, they replied yesterday saying they're reviewing "secondary clearances"
I have no idea what that is and how long its gonna take.
That was a very fast response. Looks like they are processing your application soon.

alig2121

Star Member
May 5, 2021
That was a very fast response. Looks like they are processing your application soon.
not sure how fast it'll move.
they also mentioned: "Delays during secondary clearances are out of our control as we are required to coordinate with external authorities."

my guess is that since I'm applying from outside my home country, my application needs to go through secondary clearances.

Nur Fariza

Oct 7, 2021
Hi All
I am new member here, I am Malaysian working in Singapore, I applied my study permit for Canada on 7th Sept 2021, for winter 2022 intake.
SubjectDate sentDate read
Biometrics Collection LetterSeptember 8, 2021September 8, 2021
Submission ConfirmationSeptember 7, 2021September 7, 2021
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionSeptember 7, 20217September 8, 2021

gaayathri

Jul 26, 2021
singapore
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
singapore
maybe you need to send them an email regarding the status of your application.

After passing my medical, the status didn’t change for about 2 weeks. I sent them an email on Friday, and I received PPR on Monday.
hi may i know what mail did you send ircc regarding ppr, Its been one month that my medicals and biometrics updated but still no update yet. People are telling it would take ages to receive ppr.

alig2121

Star Member
May 5, 2021
hi may i know what mail did you send ircc regarding ppr, Its been one month that my medicals and biometrics updated but still no update yet. People are telling it would take ages to receive ppr.
my medical was passed on the 10th of August, still nothing!
No matter how many emails i send them, there is no proper response.

JRS9

Nov 20, 2021
Hi members,

I need help on below queries. I am planning to apply the study permit along with my family(SOWP).

1. In the SOP, is it we need to mention that our family will also be coming along with us to Canada?
2. Since we are applying from Singapore, what kind of ties we need to mention. Is it Singapore ties or our home country ties. ie) the reasons to show that we will be return back after completing the studies?

I would be grateful if some of the members can share their knowledge on this. Thanks.

RS20201

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi members,

I need help on below queries. I am planning to apply the study permit along with my family(SOWP).

1. In the SOP, is it we need to mention that our family will also be coming along with us to Canada?
2. Since we are applying from Singapore, what kind of ties we need to mention. Is it Singapore ties or our home country ties. ie) the reasons to show that we will be return back after completing the studies?

I would be grateful if some of the members can share their knowledge on this. Thanks.
I applied for a study permit from Singapore together with a visitor visa for a dependent child. I showed ties back both for Singapore and India.
1. For Singapore: mentioned that my employer has allowed sabbatical/ study leave. No supporting document attached from employer for this. Only pay stubs and a current letter of employment stating my designation, date of joining, current salary.
2. For India: Mentioned property (self) to be used as my retirement home and mentioned about parents still living in India.

I also mentioned about the growing market and job opportunities back in APAC region related to my Master's programme, and that I would love to stay close to my parents whether in Singapore or in India.

Refer this thread for the questions that should be addressed in your SOP. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mature-student-visa-40-years-of-age.749317/post-9804715

Hope this helps. All the best.