+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office gather here please, let's keep in touch!

dipu.sust

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hi EE,

Here is my timeline:

Application Submission: 4 March 2021
Biometric Update: 5 March 2021
Eligibility Review Began: 23 March 2021
Upfront medical passed: 23 March 2021

Biometric letter: not yet
Passport request: not yet

No correspondences from VO after the late march.
Any update?

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
I sent in a web form a week back. This is what they responded with:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions."

The rest is generic stuff. I don't know what's with the delay but it has been over 3 months; I should be getting a decision by now. Maybe there is a delay in the applications filed by BD residents due to the month-wide lockdown. Nevertheless, If you are raising a webform, pls let me know what IRCC informs you.

Sumit9

Jun 1, 2021

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions."

The rest is generic stuff. I don't know what's with the delay but it has been over 3 months; I should be getting a decision by now. Maybe there is a delay in the applications filed by BD residents due to the month-wide lockdown. Nevertheless, If you are raising a webform, pls let me know what IRCC informs you.
Word by word... I got the same reply... what the hell.... what’s the benefit of raising the web form now... they should keep a chatbot instead

dipu.sust

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
STUDY

I have seen BD applicants who applied in April/May are getting approval/rejection.

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021

I have a similar timeline and raised the webform last weekend. I also emailed them on 2 June as it's already been 13 weeks. I guess, I'll be getting a similar response as you.

Do you have to resign and serve a notice period before leaving for Canada? I am worried that the time is very tight.

Last edited:

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021
I have a similar timeline and raised the webform last weekend. I also emailed them on 2 June as it's already been 13 weeks. I guess, I'll be getting a similar response as you.

Do you have to resign and service notice period before leaving for Canada? I am worried that the time is very tight.
Well, luckily I do not have any sort of commitments like that. However, I have an alternative offer from a graduate program (in a different country) that I might pursue if my SP gets refused. But the prolonged delay is making it impossible to consider such options.

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Well, luckily I do not have any sort of commitments like that. However, I have an alternative offer from a graduate program (in a different country) that I might pursue if my SP gets refused. But the prolonged delay is making it impossible to consider such options.
Right, that's frustrating. Just wondering, after so much of delays (almost 14 weeks in our case), they are less likely to be rejecting it right? If they had to reject, would they have done it sooner? Or is there no such pattern?