+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Visa Office gather here please, let's keep in touch!

ramin2123

Jun 11, 2021
Does anyone know how much time it takes to get a final decision after IRCC starts the eligibility? I have heard that if it crosses more than 5 days after the possibility of visa rate is high, is it true?

kingpin00

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Applicant from Bangladesh (SP is reviewed at the Singapore Visa Office).

I lodged my application on 4th March 2021. The review of eligibility began and upfront medical passed on the same date on 23rd March. Since then I am yet to hear back from IRCC (apart from a few ghost updates - possibly glitches). I raised a webform a couple of days back to enquire about my application status. They informed me that my application is pending final officer review, the processing is proceeding, and that there is no action required on my part.

I am expecting to receive a final decision by late May. Till then fingers crossed.
Did you receive a final decision yet?

kingpin00

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Yeah, as soon as it pass the 8 weeks i will raise webform.. they say at least 10 working days before we can get response. i actually sent email but just receive the auto response that they will not reply if the application is still within the processing time.
What date did you file your application?

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
I sent in a web form a week back. This is what they responded with:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. We're currently prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions."

The rest is generic stuff. I don't know what's with the delay but it has been over 3 months; I should be getting a decision by now. Maybe there is a delay in the applications filed by BD residents due to the month-wide lockdown. Nevertheless, If you are raising a webform, pls let me know what IRCC informs you.
I raised a webform (30 May) and emailed them (2 June) to enquire and they sent just one response (below) on 8 June:

Please be advised that your application is currently pending officer review. We are therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. We can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application.

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes to get SOWP if applied separately? Wondering whether to apply for that or TRV for spouse. The processing time for TRV is currently 78 days.

jamestjw

Feb 18, 2021
Visa Office......
Singapore
I raised a webform (30 May) and emailed them (2 June) to enquire and they sent just one response (below) on 8 June:

Please be advised that your application is currently pending officer review. We are therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. We can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application.
Hey our timeline is pretty similar, my medical got approved on the 9th of April. Looks like I'm not the only one that's in for a long wait eh...

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hey our timeline is pretty similar, my medical got approved on the 9th of April. Looks like I'm not the only one that's in for a long wait eh...
Yes, there are a few others who have a similar timeline and are still waiting. Hopefully it's going to come this week for all of us. Keeping fingers crossed.

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys, just an update. I've received my passport with the visa stamp already.
Note that VFS SG doesn't allow in person passport submission.
When i went there the guard and a staff told me i need to send the passport via singpost/courier and i need to include the a ~$20.70 dollars bankdraft/cashier order + the usual docs(passport,letter,vfs forms).
After a day of posting, VFS called me that i also need to pay the handling fee of around $40.30 . I paid that in person and after 3 days i received my passport with stamp.

Goodluck everyone!

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hey guys, just an update. I've received my passport with the visa stamp already.
Note that VFS SG doesn't allow in person passport submission.
When i went there the guard and a staff told me i need to send the passport via singpost/courier and i need to include the a ~$20.70 dollars bankdraft/cashier order + the usual docs(passport,letter,vfs forms).
After a day of posting, VFS called me that i also need to pay the handling fee of around $40.30 . I paid that in person and after 3 days i received my passport with stamp.

Goodluck everyone!
Thanks for keeping us updated. The 'handling fee' wasn't mentioned before, though they had mentioned the courier and bank draft - what is this exactly for?