+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Timeline

Ziauddin ahmed

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
taivoi said:
I think 90% docs updated request,10% MR, 0% refused, ecas should change to decision made in case of refused, this case is not for sure.
Tracker Says

Passport released by the High Commission of Canada, Singapore, , Pin:1*****7, Tel: on 04/03/2013 and is in Transit.It might take 2/3 days in transit to reach Application Centre.

tutut

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-01-2013 and 21-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
ivelnal said:
Hi All,

My update:

1. My wife and I applied for the Singapore Police Clearance (COC) yesterday and we can collect the certificate on March 12, 2013.

2. Me, my wife and my two daughters (6 and 1) did our medical exam yesterday. They don't have the e-medical system yet so they will send the result to High Commission of Canada Manila (not Singapore) via courier. According to the hospital, the result will be ready after three days, then they will send it via courier and reach Manila 3-5 days estimate. The hospital will also give us the air bill number so that we can track it.

My wife and I will go to the High Commission of Canada on March 12 to submit the Background declaration form, Singapore Police Clearance and Passport photos.

We are not sure if they will ask our passport. Because in their first email to us they mentioned about our passports.

First email: January 14, 2013 at 2:31PM

Dear Sir ,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We are now ready to issue your immigration visa(s). In order to complete this process, we need your passport(s) (see attached letter)
We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada

Second email: January 14, 2013 at 2:32PM

Dear Sir ,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please comply with the attached request.
We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration

It is quite confusing because of the two different email message. That is why we are planning to submit the additional docs and forms personally so that we can clarify if we need to give them our passports.

Thanks.
First of all, congrats to you! Your journey is now near the end. Soon, you will be in Canada.

Next, I can't believe that it took 18 months before you received the MR. That long?! Wow.

Lastly, may I know how you requested for Singapore Police clearance? Did Singapore VO give you a document to show during your PC application?

ivelnal

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 July 2011
Nomination.....
02 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
03 Aug 2011
Med's Request
14 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
26 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 April 2013
LANDED..........
soon
tutut said:
First of all, congrats to you! Your journey is now near the end. Soon, you will be in Canada.

Next, I can't believe that it took 18 months before you received the MR. That long?! Wow.

Lastly, may I know how you requested for Singapore Police clearance? Did Singapore VO give you a document to show during your PC application?
Hi tutut,

Thanks!

Yes, Singapore VO gave us a letter to show it to Singapore Police for our clearance. The clearance is worth SGD$45 per person and you need to produce two passport photos. The processing time is 10 days.

Good luck and thanks!

blitzk

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013 and 02-11-2012
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013 (NS-CIO);08-May-2013 (SGVO)
hello @tutut, just want to check if you have already filed your application for OWP?

tutut

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-01-2013 and 21-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
blitzk said:
hello @ tutut, just want to check if you have already filed your application for OWP?
hello blitzk,

Unfortunately not yet. I was about to but when I was doing a final check on the checklist, it said this:

Copy of valid passport or travel document. Your passport must:

•be valid for the duration of your stay as a visa cannot be issued beyond the validity of your passport

My husband's passport is expiring on June 2014 and I heard the OWP is valid for two years.

So now, I'm waiting for the appointment of my husband to renew his passport. Hopefully, we'll get the renewed passport by May 2013. Will apply for OWP after that.

blitzk

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013 and 02-11-2012
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013 (NS-CIO);08-May-2013 (SGVO)
tutut said:
hello blitzk,

Unfortunately not yet. I was about to but when I was doing a final check on the checklist, it said this:

Copy of valid passport or travel document. Your passport must:

•be valid for the duration of your stay as a visa cannot be issued beyond the validity of your passport

My husband's passport is expiring on June 2014 and I heard the OWP is valid for two years.

So now, I'm waiting for the appointment of my husband to renew his passport. Hopefully, we'll get the renewed passport by May 2013. Will apply for OWP after that.
okay, thanks a lot @tutut :) I am just curious and want to have an idea on the actual timeline for OWP application here in SG. I am still waiting for my AOR from CIO-NS for my PR application though, hopefully everything is okay and once I get it, I will file my application for OWP.

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Mr. Easy said:
Anyone from this site who received mr few months after files are transferred to Sgvo fr CIO ?
Could you share your timeline, Mr. Easy?

Sound like you've just submitted your application recently like me :)

CIO confirmed my application was transferred to Singapore on 31/1/2013, now I'm waiting for MR too.

As far as I see, most applicants in this thread didn't receive their MR until their applications were very close to the last stage (which received MR, PPR all at once)

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Quinny said:
Hi All,
How to add in new born baby to existing app, sent several mails to sgvo but i dont get answer?
Hi Quinny,

I think they updated your information already. I had read in other threads, saying Visa Offices will update your new information when you send emails to them, but they won't send a reply back.

Quinny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2011
tam_ngo said:
Hi Quinny,

I think they updated your information already. I had read in other threads, saying Visa Offices will update your new information when you send emails to them, but they won't send a reply back.

In other threads, they said vo will reply and will provide instruction. Other also says, docs should be submitted to vo within 60 days after birth.
My concern now is that, the passport of baby will only available after 60 days.
Im also worried about of validity of our medical in case the baby's app is not completed by july 2013.