+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Same here. But when i was searching for similar cases in this forum, understood it is applicable for applicants who are from countries that dont require visa to enter Canada. They will not submit their passport, instead have to upload it. For others, it is okay to ignore it and should not affect the process. If you get any info different from this, please keep me posted.
I will

Thanks bud :)

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you had to uploaded your photo and passport to GCkey account after you sent your passport to Singapore? I totally ignored the GCkey account and today I found out that they want me to uploaded photo and passport to GCkey account as well.

I'm not sure if this affected their processing of issuing visa and COPR.

Thanks,
Well, I uploaded my photo (Following their requirements) and passport copy to GcKey A/c. I asked CVAC representative regarding the issue during sending my passport through VFS. They didn't show interest about uploading and told me that you already did everything what you needed to be. Now, we will forward your passport and they will paste your visa. However, I uploaded my photo and passport copy to avoid any kind of hassle as it was not so hard to upload.
Keep smiling! :)

Reactions: tam_ngo

rfrank

Apr 2, 2018
Hi there :) First of all, congratulations! :D As for the processing time of visa stamping, it totally depends on the visa officer. On the letter itself, it’s stated that the standard processing time is a month. However, it is not totally unheard of that some applicants get their passports back in 2-3 weeks. I, for one, got mine back in 18 days (even though I’m actually based in Singapore right now lol). Usually though, the delay is caused by the dispatching of the documents from the Canada Visa Office back to VFS/CVAC. And probably due to dispatching them in bulk as well. Anyway, I believe it shouldn’t be too long now until you get your wife’s documents back :):)
Thank you so much for your response. It’s so overwhelming, emotionally, waiting to find out if my partners Visa has been approved. But I’m assuming that requesting the PP is a good sign? Waiting for the PP has felt like the longest wait and it’s only been 23 days since sent to VFS/CVAC in BKK. We started this process in December 2017 so 1-2 more weeks is not that much longer

Last edited:
Reactions: erique

erique

Jan 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
Thank you so much for your response. It’s so overwhelming, emotionally, waiting to find out if my partners Visa has been approved. But I’m assuming that requesting the PP is a good sign? Waiting for the PP has felt like the longest wait and it’s only been 23 days since sent to VFS/CVAC in BKK. We started this process in December 2017 so 1-2 more weeks is not that much longer
I totally get what you mean. I literally cried whenever we’ve gotten any updates on our application. Lol. The anxiety and mixed emotions while waiting were a bit too much especially for having been called for a personal interview. Lol. But surely, at the end of the tunnel, there’s light. A PPR is definitely a good sign. :):) You could try using an app called Hangouts and you’ll be able to hear the status of your application which is very similar to what GCKey has. You’d just need to follow the voice prompt and key in your Application Number as well as your wife’s Year of Birth. :)

Reactions: hungvangg

rfrank

Apr 2, 2018
I totally get what you mean. I literally cried whenever we’ve gotten any updates on our application. Lol. The anxiety and mixed emotions while waiting were a bit too much especially for having been called for a personal interview. Lol. But surely, at the end of the tunnel, there’s light. A PPR is definitely a good sign. :):) You could try using an app called Hangouts and you’ll be able to hear the status of your application which is very similar to what GCKey has. You’d just need to follow the voice prompt and key in your Application Number as well as your wife’s Year of Birth. :)
Good to know. I looked at that app but it appears to be a chat app.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
O

Partner submitted passport July 17,2018 and still no response on CVAC tracking. Still states “Visa Application tracking ID xxxxxxxxxxxx being processed at Canada Visa Office, Singapore.” Eagerly anticipating PP return to BKK CVAC. Hopefully this week!
Yes. I badly need it by Wednesday. Thursday being a public holiday and have travel plans subsequently

munajj.nab

Dec 3, 2017
December 8, 2017 applicant
Finally received my coPR, will complete the landing procedure soon
I was lucky to be here with my husband on a tourist visa (one I had from before marriage) and being able to get my medical done here and send my passport to ottowa for stamping despite being outland.
I would like to thank everyone on this whole forum for posting their queries, sharing their experiences and helping me (and many others I’m sure) stay sane through this nerve racking process.
Hope it works out for everyone in the end and we’re all able to connect next on our new chapter in Canada. Best of luck everyone!
Hello Dana F..I had a few questions for you. I also have a tourist visa and so plan on going to Canada to be with my husband. If my passport submission request comes during my stay in Canada, where can I submit it so that I don't have to leave the country and come all the way to Dhaka to do my processing. Desperately looking for some answers here as that would determine my travel plans.

mahmud2060

Feb 22, 2012
O

Partner submitted passport July 17,2018 and still no response on CVAC tracking. Still states “Visa Application tracking ID xxxxxxxxxxxx being processed at Canada Visa Office, Singapore.” Eagerly anticipating PP return to BKK CVAC. Hopefully this week!

My Wife submitted passport on July 26th,2018 on VFS office, no response till now. Tracking says the same status "under processing".

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
My Wife submitted passport on July 26th,2018 on VFS office, no response till now. Tracking says the same status "under processing".
Submitted on 23 July - no news - sick of these guys. Having a tough time at work as have to travel. I mailed them to give some visibility - they just say processing time is 30 days. If required can collect the passport and submit again and the 30 day cycle will begin again.

mahmud2060

Feb 22, 2012
Submitted on 23 July - no news - sick of these guys. Having a tough time at work as have to travel. I mailed them to give some visibility - they just say processing time is 30 days. If required can collect the passport and submit again and the 30 day cycle will begin again.
This is very unfortunate. I am not sure why they are making late for this simple job, expecting a quick work from them as this is the last stage. Lots of waiting time ......

Mac786

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
31 july 2017
Doc's Request.
Nothing