+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
when your application was received? I am still waiting for my decision . My file was received on 7th of July, 2017 and Medical was done 15 November, 2017. Singapore visa office.
Our application was received on 4th of December, 2017. It is near about 11 months you are waiting. Hope you will get a good news very soon.

JHNguyen

Apr 10, 2018
So i got a letter about a month ago stating that my application is being sent to singapore for further processing. And yesterday my wife got a phone call from singapore asking some questions, can someone tell me some good news?!?

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
So i got a letter about a month ago stating that my application is being sent to singapore for further processing. And yesterday my wife got a phone call from singapore asking some questions, can someone tell me some good news?!?
Probably some general questions about your relationship. I've seen on facebook forum a lot of people got calls from Singapore office like the one you mentioned.

I thought they only call after medical request. Would you mind sharing your timeline, please? I got the acknowledgement letter from Singapore office around April 27th. My wife might expect to get a call from them soon.

Thanks.

JHNguyen

Apr 10, 2018
Probably some general questions about your relationship. I've seen on facebook forum a lot of people got calls from Singapore office like the one you mentioned.

I thought they only call after medical request. Would you mind sharing your timeline, please? I got the acknowledgement letter from Singapore office around April 27th. My wife might expect to get a call from them soon.

Thanks.
Submitted my application on decemeber 12th 2017 / approval for sponsorship and request schedule A March 6 2018/ April 10th 2018 application sent to Singapore for further processing. Havent requested a medical exam yet, but my wife did get a call from them about 2 days ago asking some general questions about our relationship. Im hoping this is good news and processing is going smoothly.

Reactions: tam_ngo

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Submitted my application on decemeber 12th 2017 / approval for sponsorship and request schedule A March 6 2018/ April 10th 2018 application sent to Singapore for further processing. Havent requested a medical exam yet, but my wife did get a call from them about 2 days ago asking some general questions about our relationship. Im hoping this is good news and processing is going smoothly.
Hi, we have similar timeline. Our application was received on 4th December, 2017 and Singapore visa office start processing our application on March 6, 2018. So my wife can also get a similar call from SVO. Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you get any other request from SVO

Reactions: JHNguyen

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Hi, we have similar timeline. Our application was received on 4th December, 2017 and Singapore visa office start processing our application on March 6, 2018. So my wife can also get a similar call from SVO. Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you get any other request from SVO
Hi frmBD,

I saw your post mentioned that you have already received pre-approval service invitation after 170 days? I think it mean your application is pretty much 90% approved, unless there is something wrong during the background check. I think your passport request will come very soon.

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
GOOD NEWS

Our application was APPROVED 23-05-18 once received 14-05-18.
We are waiting for VFS Thailand to manage the transfer of passport and COPR back to us here in Thailand.

Wishing you all equally good news.

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
Hi frmBD,

I saw your post mentioned that you have already received pre-approval service invitation after 170 days? I think it mean your application is pretty much 90% approved, unless there is something wrong during the background check. I think your passport request will come very soon.
Hello Tam_ngo and frmBD,

we applied from Thailand and received Pre-Arrival Service approval perhaps six months ago, before requests for Police Clearance and Medicals. We used AEIP-SUCCESS which was very responsive, free and was totally online.

One or other of the services seemed heavily focused on Chinese applicants / starting points, and prepared the process with an expensive travel requirement to attend workshops. This seems highly impractical and unnecessary, although as with all in-person events, much can be gained that could not with virtual or online attendance. However, $$$ is required!!!!

Check them ALL and make your choice according to your own tastes and needs. Good Luck!

BTW, the final 10% seems to take the longest! Don't worry, it will happen!

777G

May 25, 2018
My wife got the same call about 2 days ago from SVO (one day or about the same day we got the health check request document online), we were surprised since we didn't expect this at all. She said they only asked her questions about me, not about our relationship. Our application was sent in Jan 25, 2018

Reactions: frmBD

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Whats after medical exam do you know?
I think it is difficult to say. No one knows how much progress has been made on your file. I saw, some applicant did their medical even before the file has been transferred to VO. We did one month after I got AOR2. After medical we got pre arrival after one month. Each case different.
So better stay relaxes, although it is very difficult

Reactions: 777G

777G

May 25, 2018
I think it is difficult to say. No one knows how much progress has been made on your file. I saw, some applicant did their medical even before the file has been transferred to VO. We did one month after I got AOR2. After medical we got pre arrival after one month. Each case different.
So better stay relaxes, although it is very difficult
Is Pre-arrival means that they completed the application process? I like to know what process you will still need to do after the medical is reviewed. I like to book her flight as soon as we can, since being away for 1/2 a year+ from your newly wedded spouse is hard.

Last edited:

777G

May 25, 2018
btw, just want to thank the ppl in this canadavisa forum. We would be in the dark without this forum. Canada Immigration site should be upgraded to like show timeline progress, like how you would view your UPS delivery package :)