+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Big Jump

Sep 23, 2011
Hello all,

My husband and I applied in March 2012. Sponsorship was approved in June. File has said application received since then.

I lived with him in Thailand for 4 years. I moved back to Canada for school in August 2012 with the idea that I would wait for him here. But.... it is looking like that was waaaay optimistic for this visa office!

I just keep hearing that if you status doesn't change to in process then you are likely pegged for an interview. Would that seem true for us now? Or is it still a possibility that it will be waived? We have a really straight forward application.

I know this is all speculation, but I guess I just need some hope. This is the longest we have ever been apart in 5 years and it is rough. It is very difficult for me because I can't be away from him for much longer, and I need to start applying for jobs soon... but that is kinda difficult when you don't know where you will be. (If the visa is not coming by July, I will move back to be with him. Long distance is not my idea of marriage. We did what we had to do but I will move back to wait and be with him.)

You all seem so supportive and I guess I needed to vent. Thanks for listening. (reading)

Vic.

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
BIG JUMP:

I wish we could explain what is happening...there is a spreadsheet which might give you an idea but to be honest...now i really dont know how they process the file...it is not first come first serve at all....You me there are couple of other people in this forum with same timeline still says "application received" but there are also people who applied 2 to 3 months after us getting good news or interview letter....Now when i emailed them they replied on JAN 16th 2013 that my application is still pending initial review....which is shocking..cause i thought for sure they have opened my file by now at least...but all in all very confusing...just hope for the best...i really thought i had a straight forward application too...b4 marrage me and wife had a 8 years relationship...but i guess it completely depends on the VISA officer and how you submit your application....Fingers crossed.

Big Jump

Sep 23, 2011
Thank you, Diyabrar.

I have been lurking on the spreadsheet and that is why I was starting to get worried.

It is nice to know that others are confused too. (Nice to have company but I do wish that no one was confused.) It is difficult to tell my family and friends updates when nothing is happening!

Almost a year since we submitted the application. This is truly an exercise in patience and emotion control.

I hope you get good news soon.

V.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Shiny88,there was a problem in my application which was not my fault and I had sent it again. I only got UCI. How is your Princess?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
sunsun said:
Shiny88,there was a problem in my application which was not my fault and I had sent it again. I only got UCI. How is your Princess?
Oh how long since you applied the second time,is your VO singapore?by the way she is doing fine she turned me into zombi lol

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Big Jump & Neel09: It would be great if you could add your timeline on the spreadsheet so we can keep track of the processing or if you dont mind i could add it for you. Thanks.

@Big Jump: I know exactly how you are feeling, the waiting without update is like a punishment. Its very sad that we have to go through this waiting without having news for months from visa office. Have you ordered GCMS notes yet? if not maybe you should and see if theres any notes or bring forward date...Also if possible ask an mp to contact singapore see if you can get any update from them. I honestly wish you have a positive news very soon, ive been waiting for almost 2years of processing, 3yrs since marriage and honestly the worst 2years of my life, and am still waiting.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
some people honestly feel good rating - on members. I honestly think these people have some issues ,ITS JUST A FORUM!!if you dont like it say it, it is a way to take revenge or somet?lol :eek: please minus me as often as you can. My life is still the same. bhahaha 8)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Shiny88,my visa office : CPC-V.. Zombi ? Haha..it is hard to be a mother,right?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
some people honestly feel good rating - on members. I honestly think these people have some issues ,ITS JUST A FORUM!!if you dont like it say it, it is a way to take revenge or somet?lol :eek: please minus me as often as you can. My life is still the same. bhahaha 8)
I hope it is not me.. :)

WHITE ROCK

Jan 17, 2013
well here we are after hearing that we went "in process" Dec. 31st my husband and I are getting antsy and want to order those GCMS notes. i think i saw that someone had written about how they could get them for us if we contact them. i'm wondering if that person is still around and still willing to help. if you are, whoever you are, we would be so appreciative.
please let me know. i'm going to go search through older pages now and look for the name.

Thank you.

Desi1234

Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/2011
AOR Received.
3/2011
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
3/2013
VISA ISSUED...
1/5/2013
LANDED..........
4/5/2013
Shiny88 said:
Ecas today for us : medical results have been received 8)
Hi Shiney: Congratulations with the good news! And the baby as well !!!
I have not visited the forum in a while....
Your timeline and mine are exactly the same for interview, medical, medical result received, etc :D
Please keep me posted... best of luck!!

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Shiny88 said:
Hi & welcome back to the forum :) First of all your file going in process is a positive news, interview are usually waived when file goes in process. File usually stays as application received when an interview is required. So i would say in next couple of days,weeks your wife will most likely get ppr request.

I would suggest you to stay in canada and maybe go visit your wife in indonesia instead of moving to the US and bring your wife as a visitor while waiting for her pr because i am sure before you even move there your wife will get ppr request ,visa. But is your choice again.
I dont know if her application will be cancelled, but you as a pr you should stay out of canada as short as you can.

If you have extra additional proofs like your visit in india & indonesia you should send them in! it cant hurt but benefit you. It will show that your relation is ongoing and genuine...

Goodluck :D
Shiny88, thanks very much for your input. really gave me some light of hope, even though from seing that spreadsheet i can just imagine what some members are going through. I wish this suffering comes to an end for everyone soon.

benstu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
01-05-2012, re-med: 05-2014
Interview........
Letter:15-12-2012, Interview 04-2014
Passport Req..
25-05-2014, Submit Jun 4th through VFS DHAKA
VISA ISSUED...
July 4,2014
LANDED..........
Aug 3,2014
The quarterly update for Processing time came out. Now its says 26 months for Singapore Visa Office.

Talk about being optimistic......they leave us with nothing to be optimistic about

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Shiny88 said:
Big Jump & Neel09: It would be great if you could add your timeline on the spreadsheet so we can keep track of the processing or if you dont mind i could add it for you. Thanks.

@ Big Jump: I know exactly how you are feeling, the waiting without update is like a punishment. Its very sad that we have to go through this waiting without having news for months from visa office. Have you ordered GCMS notes yet? if not maybe you should and see if theres any notes or bring forward date...Also if possible ask an mp to contact singapore see if you can get any update from them. I honestly wish you have a positive news very soon, ive been waiting for almost 2years of processing, 3yrs since marriage and honestly the worst 2years of my life, and am still waiting.
Hi Shiny, i added my timeline in the spreadsheet, but keeps getting deleted somehow by someone else mayb?:). Now i cannot see any other nationality except bangladesh. BTW this spreadsheet is very nice and it gives a good picture of the status. Good Job!!!

chingching0726

Oct 22, 2012
Neel09 said:
Hi Shiny, i added my timeline in the spreadsheet, but keeps getting deleted somehow by someone else mayb?:). Now i cannot see any other nationality except bangladesh. BTW this spreadsheet is very nice and it gives a good picture of the status. Good Job!!!
Ya. My record also been removed from the spreadsheet too. May be only Bangladeshis are welcome only ;)
By the way, nice spreadsheet which can give a good picture.