+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Sponbd

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
OMG:eek: My wife got PPR by email today :D
How long it takes now to get the Visa now after we submit the Passport ?

Is there any way to submit the passport by our own , I mean going to SVO ?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponbd said:

Hi, Sponbd. Congratulations!!! You are almost there :)

Usually you can send Passport by a Courier like Fedex with a return pre-paid Fedex envelop. This way you can track the packages. I am not sure, if you can submit passport on your own. Remember, after they receive the Passport, they may keep it for few more days. They don't tell you how long they may keep the Passport.

Can you share your timeline with us, please? When did you first sent out your Application? Is this the first e-mail your wife receive?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Sponbd said:

CONGRATULATIONS, it feels good to hear good news 8)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
How about you, Shiny88 ? :)

berbu

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-12
Processing time for Singapore is now 26 months.

Guess closing the Kuala Lumpur office was not such a good idea.

I feel sick now.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
berbu said:
Processing time for Singapore is now 26 months.

Guess closing the Kuala Lumpur office was not such a good idea.

I feel sick now.
NO WAY 26? :eek: :eek: i think their tryin to discourage canadian to marry& go into commonlaw in southernasian countries somehow. I dont get why beijing china & india is 8-10months theyr are over populated also theres tons & tons of them in canada & that is sponsoring. But i also understand that singapore is responsible of multiples countries visa, it really sucks beijing & india should take some of the countries singapore is responsible for so the waiting can be shorter. :-X the question now is why nott

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
sunsun said:
How about you, Shiny88 ? :)
no news since remedical request tnx how about you? ;D

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Congratulations Pari12 for your visa!! wish you the best of luck and safe trip to canada to your spouse. :D

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long can I stay outside of Canada while my sponsorship application is in process? I am thinking of visiting my spouse for 2 months starting from March.

I just got my PR card renewed.

Also, I would like to sent information such as pictures to Singapore Visa Office after the trip. Can I do that? Where should I send them?

Of course it all depends on whether I should take the trip or not.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
goodman36 said:
How long can I stay outside of Canada while my sponsorship application is in process? I am thinking of visiting my spouse for 2 months starting from March.

I just got my PR card renewed.

Also, I would like to sent information such as pictures to Singapore Visa Office after the trip. Can I do that? Where should I send them?

Of course it all depends on whether I should take the trip or not.
You already asked similar question.
84 Immigration Topics / Family Class Sponsorship / Re: Singapore timeline on: January 12, 2013, 09:50:56 pm
Quote from: Shiny88 on January 12, 2013, 09:09:32 pm
No it wont hurt your application in anyway, if you are a PR you cant stay too long(one month would be okay i guess) if you citizen you can stay as much as you want and prove you intent to return back once your spouse get visa. If you go visit your wife in bd its gonna benefit you, after your return you could submit extra proofs(pictures,boarding pass,receipt of hotel,gifts..) of your ongoing relationship with your wife to Singapore which can help your application and probably wave a possible interview.. so go ahead:)

#1 answer is:To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp )
but since you are sponsoring your spouse dont stay too long some bad thing hapenned to some people like getting visa refused because pr sponsor not in canada.

#2 answer is:
Mailing Address:
High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P O Box 845
Singapore 901645

Courier Address:
Immigration Section
One George Street #11-01
Singapore 049145

( http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d )
Make a cover with your and your wifes full identification(name,birthdate..& file number or uci.. when you send in the proofs.

thuyvannguyen

Aug 18, 2012
Sponbd said:

Congra u and ur wife!!!!!!!

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
I am again back to this site after 3 years. Before it was for myself when i was waiting for pr. Now its for my wife. I am originally from India, stayed in US studying and worked then moved to Canada in 2010 with a pr. We met while we were studying in US in 1999. She is originally chinese, born and brought up in Indonesia. She had to go back in 2003 as her US student visa ended and she got a job back in indonesia. I used to visit her in indonesia and we were always in contact through emails and phone. In 2011 Dec we finally got married in Hong Kong and i came back to Canada. Said that, I need some feedback from you guys regarding my application status and what to expect:
1. The application process started when i applied for first step ( Sponsorship ) on June 19, 2012. We sent the medicals ( Done in May 2012), police clearence and all fees paid upfront along with the application.
2. Around 20th August 2012, I got a physical mail that i am approved as a sponsor and the file has been sent to Singapore for processing.
3. On 24th January 2013, the Ecas status changed from " Application Received " to " In Process ", and it stated " We started processing the application on 21st Jan, Medical Results received "

With this timeline what can i expect now? According to site it will take 24 months from now to finalize the whole process in singapore? I tried before if can send the application to New Delhi, India but seems she cant as she is not a resident of India. I am just hoping no request comes for interview, it would be a big hassle. I applied for capis notes around 3 weeks ago, and still waiting for it. After it comes, mayb i will try to apply for her tourist visa, but not sure if she will get it as i heard many mixed informations regarding the approval rate for tourist visa. 24 months waiting time is ridiculous. I can even move back to US in my same company where i work in Canada and get my wife to US on dependent visa within short time. But will that cancel her pr application for canada as i being the sponsor will not be in Canada?

My other question is this last december , i took my wife to India and we took many pictures with my family and also took pictures with her family in indonesia. I wrote in the application that we will have like formal reception party in December 2012. Should i need to send all the pictures or i wait for them if they need it?

Any feedback from you guys would be highly appreciated, so that i know where we stand right now. Thanks Much

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shiny88 said:
#1 answer is:To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp )
but since you are sponsoring your spouse dont stay too long some bad thing hapenned to some people like getting visa refused because pr sponsor not in canada.

#2 answer is:
Mailing Address:
Immigration Section
P O Box 845
Singapore 901645

Courier Address:
Immigration Section
One George Street #11-01
Singapore 049145

( http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d )
Make a cover with your and your wifes full identification(name,birthdate..& file number or uci.. when you send in the proofs.
Thank You

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Neel09 said:
I am again back to this site after 3 years. Before it was for myself when i was waiting for pr. Now its for my wife. I am originally from India, stayed in US studying and worked then moved to Canada in 2010 with a pr. We met while we were studying in US in 1999. She is originally chinese, born and brought up in Indonesia. She had to go back in 2003 as her US student visa ended and she got a job back in indonesia. I used to visit her in indonesia and we were always in contact through emails and phone. In 2011 Dec we finally got married in Hong Kong and i came back to Canada. Said that, I need some feedback from you guys regarding my application status and what to expect:
1. The application process started when i applied for first step ( Sponsorship ) on June 19, 2012. We sent the medicals ( Done in May 2012), police clearence and all fees paid upfront along with the application.
2. Around 20th August 2012, I got a physical mail that i am approved as a sponsor and the file has been sent to Singapore for processing.
3. On 24th January 2013, the Ecas status changed from " Application Received " to " In Process ", and it stated " We started processing the application on 21st Jan, Medical Results received "

With this timeline what can i expect now? According to site it will take 24 months from now to finalize the whole process in singapore? I tried before if can send the application to New Delhi, India but seems she cant as she is not a resident of India. I am just hoping no request comes for interview, it would be a big hassle. I applied for capis notes around 3 weeks ago, and still waiting for it. After it comes, mayb i will try to apply for her tourist visa, but not sure if she will get it as i heard many mixed informations regarding the approval rate for tourist visa. 24 months waiting time is ridiculous. I can even move back to US in my same company where i work in Canada and get my wife to US on dependent visa within short time. But will that cancel her pr application for canada as i being the sponsor will not be in Canada?

My other question is this last december , i took my wife to India and we took many pictures with my family and also took pictures with her family in indonesia. I wrote in the application that we will have like formal reception party in December 2012. Should i need to send all the pictures or i wait for them if they need it?

Any feedback from you guys would be highly appreciated, so that i know where we stand right now. Thanks Much
Hi & welcome back to the forum :) First of all your file going in process is a positive news, interview are usually waived when file goes in process. File usually stays as application received when an interview is required. So i would say in next couple of days,weeks your wife will most likely get ppr request.

I would suggest you to stay in canada and maybe go visit your wife in indonesia instead of moving to the US and bring your wife as a visitor while waiting for her pr because i am sure before you even move there your wife will get ppr request ,visa. But is your choice again.
I dont know if her application will be cancelled, but you as a pr you should stay out of canada as short as you can.

If you have extra additional proofs like your visit in india & indonesia you should send them in! it cant hurt but benefit you. It will show that your relation is ongoing and genuine...

Goodluck :D

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Ecas today for us : medical results have been received 8)