+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
goodman36 said:
As I understand from your previous posts, you are studying in London for a few years and you have a Bangladeshi passport. Your husband, who is a Canadian Citizen, lives in Canada.

Your application was sent not long ago. Now a days it is taking at least a year, if you are lucky, before any final approval.

If you wish to come to Canada in a visitors visa, then you can do so. However, please understand that it is a long shot. First of all, you have to show proof that you will return to London or Bangladesh after visiting Canada. Since you are a student in London, I don't know how you will be able to prove this, since any time away from London means a break of study, not a good sign. Bank statement helps but that is hardly the main issue in your case. You need to coordinate with your husband regarding this matter. If he has received stage 1 approval (i.e., if your husband received a letter from Immigration Canada stating that he has been approved as a sponsor. Note: stage 2 is your approval as a sponsored person. This stage takes the longer time), then you can start to think about visit visa. However, to start with, you will need an invitation letter from your husband. Please check Immigration Canada's official website www.cic.gc.ca to find out more about how to apply for visit visa.

I know you are anxious, but if you follow the other posters timeline, you will find out some of us have been waiting for a long time.
Dear goodman :).
Many thanks for ur reply...

first of all it is over 100%sure for me tht I ll return Uk cz I ve house lease till end of this year...
2nd of all I can get a letter form my UNI that I ve a semister break from march to end of April ...and my study ll finish 2014..
3rd my bro in law (myhusband's bro in canada)ll get engage on march
4th my husband,s birthday is on march as well (that's another important reason for me)
As u asked tht my husband got approval for sponser? Yes...he got within 10 day we applied
And finally..I ve lots of prove that I ve to come back uk must.... :)
And for sure my husband ll able to send me an invitation letter cz it's his idea to visit him for couple of weeks..

Now I bleieve my self that I got enough prove to return uk but still it's up to immigration officer tht he/she ll believe me or not...

Now about the financial matter..I can't find anywhere hw much exjecty need to show in bank?and for hw long?

Thanks again

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhmh said:
Dear goodman :).
Many thanks for ur reply...

first of all it is over 100%sure for me tht I ll return Uk cz I ve house lease till end of this year...
2nd of all I can get a letter form my UNI that I ve a semister break from march to end of April ...and my study ll finish 2014..
3rd my bro in law (myhusband's bro in canada)ll get engage on march
4th my husband,s birthday is on march as well (that's another important reason for me)
As u asked tht my husband got approval for sponser? Yes...he got within 10 day we applied
And finally..I ve lots of prove that I ve to come back uk must.... :)
And for sure my husband ll able to send me an invitation letter cz it's his idea to visit him for couple of weeks..

Now I bleieve my self that I got enough prove to return uk but still it's up to immigration officer tht he/she ll believe me or not...

Now about the financial matter..I can't find anywhere hw much exjecty need to show in bank?and for hw long?

Thanks again
It is very hard for Bangladeshis to get a tourist visa. Otherwise, every one who has been waiting so long here, would apply.

Your case is not simple. You are a Bangladeshi, studying in London. I am not sure if you have to apply in London or in Dhaka, where a private agency take cares of the application (that is, they receive it from you and they send it to Singapore).

I can not tell you, how much money you should have in your Bank Account.

Also, please check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp

benstu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
File Transfer...
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
01-05-2012, re-med: 05-2014
Interview........
Letter:15-12-2012, Interview 04-2014
Passport Req..
25-05-2014, Submit Jun 4th through VFS DHAKA
VISA ISSUED...
July 4,2014
LANDED..........
Aug 3,2014
Hi maikan,

Yes, the stated processing times reflects reality in most cases. But it mainly depends on what happens in the Stage 2 of the immigration process.
If your fiance is called in for an interview, then it will take the complete 24 months or even more. And if the interview is waived, then then file is usually processed within 12-15 months.

maikan said:
Hi,

I just discovered this forum, I think it's the right place to ask the questions I have...

I am a (French) Canadian citizen living presently in Thailand. I'm engaged to a Thai women. Our relationship is only six months old, but we're beginning to talk about moving to Canada together already, because we know that if we do so, it's going to be a long process. We would start the process in a few months, giving us some more time to test and consolidate our relationship before making a move.

I read a lot of posts on forums already, I'm familiar with the difficulties of an inland demand... It means my fiancée should ask for a TRV first, although a TRV normally means that the Thai Citizen plans to go back to Thailand at the end of visa validity... (Canada abolished fiancé visa many years ago.)

Problem is : the processing time for sponsorship of spouse application at the Canadian visa office in Singapour is now said to be... 24 months!!! Source : the CIC official site.

24 months is a long time. I plan to move back to Canada next summer, can't think of living a long-distance relationship for two years.

On most forums (from past years), people were talking about a processing time of 9 to 12 months. What a change! Can anyone confirm that the processing time posted on CIC site reflects reality?

For an inland demand, processing times are said to be 6 months for step 1 and 8 months for step 2 (so 14 months total), but on very recent forums some people said it took them only 6 month for the whole process.

Thanks a lot if you can help confirm these informations.

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
maikan said:
Hi,

I just discovered this forum, I think it's the right place to ask the questions I have...

I am a (French) Canadian citizen living presently in Thailand. I'm engaged to a Thai women. Our relationship is only six months old, but we're beginning to talk about moving to Canada together already, because we know that if we do so, it's going to be a long process. We would start the process in a few months, giving us some more time to test and consolidate our relationship before making a move.

I read a lot of posts on forums already, I'm familiar with the difficulties of an inland demand... It means my fiancée should ask for a TRV first, although a TRV normally means that the Thai Citizen plans to go back to Thailand at the end of visa validity... (Canada abolished fiancé visa many years ago.)

Problem is : the processing time for sponsorship of spouse application at the Canadian visa office in Singapour is now said to be... 24 months!!! Source : the CIC official site.

24 months is a long time. I plan to move back to Canada next summer, can't think of living a long-distance relationship for two years.

On most forums (from past years), people were talking about a processing time of 9 to 12 months. What a change! Can anyone confirm that the processing time posted on CIC site reflects reality?

For an inland demand, processing times are said to be 6 months for step 1 and 8 months for step 2 (so 14 months total), but on very recent forums some people said it took them only 6 month for the whole process.

Thanks a lot if you can help confirm these informations.
Oubliez ça monsieur. Les demandes traitées au Canada prennent encore plus de temps que celles traitées à l'étranger. Moi, ça fait 2 ans que j'attends et ma femme est encore là-bas.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
redone medical.. 1 month now.. no update.. :-\

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
alibaba_ctg said:
redone medical.. 1 month now.. no update.. :-\
I guess singaporeVisaOffice will always be one of the longest visa office people have to deal with. We are so close to the end yet so far. We ve been waiting for so long but i guess its still not enough to the vo lol Inshallah nextt week you will hear something. by the way Are you still in bd? :-*

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Taycaoco said:
Oubliez ça monsieur. Les demandes traitées au Canada prennent encore plus de temps que celles traitées à l'étranger. Moi, ça fait 2 ans que j'attends et ma femme est encore là-bas.
Pas de nouvelle de ton coter encore? On en as de la patience nous les parraineurs lol c'est graveeeeeeee jte dit.

HunterV

Mar 27, 2012
SINGAPORE
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
File Transfer...
24-10-2011
Med's Request
Re-med on 08-12-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-03-2013
Exactly 4 weeks since I personally handed in my Passport to Canadian High Commission Singapore. It's 1245pm now. Another 4 hours to expect a call. So much for "Please allow 2 weeks to process your visa". Been keeping us in suspense every single day since the "2 weeks" passed. This can't be healthy... :(

maikan

Jan 30, 2013
Taycaoco said:
Merci de votre réponse.
Si votre femme est encore là-bas, c'est donc que vous avez fait une demande "outland", à Singapore, n'est-ce pas? Ça ne présage donc pas du temps que ça peut prendre à l'intérieur du Québec, en "inland".
D'où tenez-vous que c'est plus long "inland"? Je veux être bien certain avant d'arrêter une stratégie.

maikan

Jan 30, 2013
benstu said:
Hi maikan,

Yes, the stated processing times reflects reality in most cases. But it mainly depends on what happens in the Stage 2 of the immigration process.
If your fiance is called in for an interview, then it will take the complete 24 months or even more. And if the interview is waived, then then file is usually processed within 12-15 months.
Hi benstu,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have one more question, not exactly about the timeline, but related... If we get married after a 7 months relationship, and then apply right away for the PRV (in Singapour), would they consider the relationship long enough? We have proofs of authentic relation, some 6 months old, and we now live together and have a lease to prove it... The idea being, since it's a long process, to begin to queue as soon as possible...

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
I guess singaporeVisaOffice will always be one of the longest visa office people have to deal with. We are so close to the end yet so far. We ve been waiting for so long but i guess its still not enough to the vo lol Inshallah nextt week you will hear something. by the way Are you still in bd? :-*
hey.... sweety how r u ? how is my little princess :-* :-* yes still in BD
i jusk chek my online Application Status its showing... Medical results have been received.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
alibaba_ctg said:
hey.... sweety how r u ? how is my little princess :-* :-* yes still in BD
i jusk chek my online Application Status its showing... Medical results have been received.
good, she is doing fine, very spoiled by me already :p well thats a great news atleast you know they received the medical and their going to ask passport in the coming days 8) very happy for you. our ecas havent changed proly next week or so.. ;D hope your enjoying bd, just b safe in dhaka ..

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
maikan said:
Hi benstu,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have one more question, not exactly about the timeline, but related... If we get married after a 7 months relationship, and then apply right away for the PRV (in Singapour), would they consider the relationship long enough? We have proofs of authentic relation, some 6 months old, and we now live together and have a lease to prove it... The idea being, since it's a long process, to begin to queue as soon as possible...
hi, theres no problem marrying after 7months of relationship plus the positive thing is that you are living with your spouse, i married 2 weeks after i met my husband for the first time and stayed with him 2months after marrying and visited 2x after, just make sure you have plenty of proofs to support your relationship when sending your application and everything will be fine. The mistake i did is to send proofs on a memory card(electronic devices not accepted) so basically they had no pictures or supporting docs which is one of the reason we were on the interview list, but when my husband presented the tons of pictures,receipt,call history.. at the interview they were impressed and said noone brought that much proofs. so go ahead and apply whenever you are ready, its a long process. :)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just noticed something interesting. I applied for my wife in August, 2012. The Application is now is Stage 2 (in Sinagpore Visa Office). When applying I used a Representative and used his address on the Forms as contact address.

Later in November I applied to renew my PR card as it was expiring in January (that is it expired yesterday). I sent out the PR renewal application myself in November to the PR renewal centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Interesting thing is when I logged in to check the status of my PR renewal using the payment receipt, the screen showed both my PR card card renewal application status and my wife's application sponsorship status.

My PR card renewal status link shows, it was approved yesterday. And my wife sponsorship application status shows, decision made but when I click on the blue link it says Application received.

I was surprised to see both the Application status showing even though I logged in to check my PR Renewal application status.

maikan

Jan 30, 2013
Shiny88 said:
hi, theres no problem marrying after 7months of relationship plus the positive thing is that you are living with your spouse, i married 2 weeks after i met my husband for the first time, just make sure you have plenty of proofs to support your relationship when sending your application and everything will be fine. The mistake i did is to send proofs on a memory card(electronic devices not accepted) so basically they had no pictures or supporting docs which is one of the reason we were on the interview list, but when my husband presented the tons of pictures,receipt,call history.. at the interview they were impressed and said noone brought that much proofs. so go ahead and apply whenever you are ready, its a long process. :)
Thanks for your answer Shiny88 !
Yes, I know it's a long process. Congrats for being through that! :)