+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
tamtam123 said:
Hi Everybody!

I have 2 pieces of great news to share with everybody here..

My tourist visa application got approved - and now i have a visa stamp allowing entry at any time till July! Lots of thanks to everybody in this forum and specifically BP832 and eludor - who took the time out to answer my many questions about the TRV..

Secondly, the PR application also went in process. Logged in to CIC and it shows "We started processing your application on January 17th".

Very happy today :)
Hi,
Could u help me plzz I already applied for PR on November 2012...my file is in Singapore from 26-11-2012..since I m waiting for their response...I m in uk as a student bt I'm Bangladeshi and my husband and his full family in Canada as Canadian citizen..now my qs is:
As I m in process for spouse visa can I apply for a tourist visa now?
For tourist visa do I need any bank statement ?or wt kind of supportable document need for tourist visa?

tamtam123

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12- April-2012
File Transfer...
12- July-2012
Med's Done....
20-Feb-2012, Remed in June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-July-2013
LANDED..........
Soon!
mhmh said:
Hi,
Could u help me plzz I already applied for PR on November 2012...my file is in Singapore from 26-11-2012..since I m waiting for their response...I m in uk as a student bt I'm Bangladeshi and my husband and his full family in Canada as Canadian citizen..now my qs is:
As I m in process for spouse visa can I apply for a tourist visa now?
For tourist visa do I need any bank statement ?or wt kind of supportable document need for tourist visa?

Hi..

Of course you can apply - there is no ban against applying. But the chances of getting are slim. Many ppl get refused, but some also do get approved as well. So you should definitely try your luck.

Yes bank statement is a must - yours as well as your husband's (who should be sponsoring you for the TRV with an invitation letter)
Also, since you are a student - your ties to the institution. A lot of supporting in fact.

Check out the CIC website - Visitors section - try to give as much details as mentioned there.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
tamtam123 said:
Hi Everybody!

My tourist visa application got approved - and now i have a visa stamp allowing entry at any time till July! Lots of thanks to everybody in this forum and specifically BP832 and eludor - who took the time out to answer my many questions about the TRV..

Secondly, the PR application also went in process. Logged in to CIC and it shows "We started processing your application on January 17th".

Congratulations

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone in this thread have cancelled the use of a Representative or Appointed a new one (for example the Sponsor) after initially using a Lawyer/ Representative? Any suggestion as to how I go about doing that?

My representative couldn't provide the letter that came when my stage 1 was approved from Mississauga. The File was transferred to Singapore Visa Office. ECAS shows Application received and Medical received. I check ECAS using payment receipt, my spouse's (applicant) last name, date of birth & country of Birth.

Now, I want to sent Form IMM 5476 to appoint me as the new Representative so that I receive further contact from Singapore Visa Office. I understand that that automatically cancels the previous representative.

Unfortunately, I don't have a File number. So, not sure how to go about doing it. Also, when filling out the Forms, we put our Representative's contact information (even e-mail address) in the Forms IMM 1344 & IMM 0008 as well. Do we need to update these forms too OR just sending the revised Form IMM 5476 should do?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
tamtam123 said:
Hi Everybody!

Congratulations Tamtam! now you both can just wait togheter until you get ppr! am very happy for you =) :p

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
Congratulation Buddy!!!

So far I do not have any update to share :(

tamtam123 said:
Hi Everybody!

diyabrar

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived- Ecas-In process (Nov-18th, 2013)
Passport Req..
23-11-2013 (Mailed over-9-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 01-01-2014
me neither! i dnt know what is going on! no updates

WHITE ROCK

Jan 17, 2013
mirjahan said:
Uk is not country of residence so you file went to Singapore and it is in correct visa office.
You must provide UK PCC
If you have UK permanent resident then London is visa office

you can send your application to either the country you reside in right now's office OR the one applicable to the area where you are from. it is up to you. I know personally because another member of my family used the London office and neither sponsor nor sponsored person had UK permenant residence, just working visa. use the office that has the shortest waiting time. they only waited 9 months from mailing the application to landing to Canada.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
WHITE ROCK said:
you can send your application to either the country you reside in right now's office OR the one applicable to the area where you are from. it is up to you. I know personally because another member of my family used the London office and neither sponsor nor sponsored person had UK permenant residence, just working visa. use the office that has the shortest waiting time. they only waited 9 months from mailing the application to landing to Canada.
Working visa and student visa is not same. Working visa is kind of temporally resident visa .

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
diyabrar said:
me neither! i dnt know what is going on! no updates
no updates :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
alibaba_ctg said:
no updates :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
it will be sometime soon ;)

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
Can any one let me know plzz...as I m waiting for PPR spouse visa so if I want to apply for a visit visa do I need to show any bank statement ?or does my husband need to show any amount of money in bank from Canada ?if it is then hw much?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhmh said:
Can any one let me know plzz...as I m waiting for PPR spouse visa so if I want to apply for a visit visa do I need to show any bank statement ?or does my husband need to show any amount of money in bank from Canada ?if it is then hw much?
As I understand from your previous posts, you are studying in London for a few years and you have a Bangladeshi passport. Your husband, who is a Canadian Citizen, lives in Canada.

Your application was sent not long ago. Now a days it is taking at least a year, if you are lucky, before any final approval.

If you wish to come to Canada in a visitors visa, then you can do so. However, please understand that it is a long shot. First of all, you have to show proof that you will return to London or Bangladesh after visiting Canada. Since you are a student in London, I don't know how you will be able to prove this, since any time away from London means a break of study, not a good sign. Bank statement helps but that is hardly the main issue in your case. You need to coordinate with your husband regarding this matter. If he has received stage 1 approval (i.e., if your husband received a letter from Immigration Canada stating that he has been approved as a sponsor. Note: stage 2 is your approval as a sponsored person. This stage takes the longer time), then you can start to think about visit visa. However, to start with, you will need an invitation letter from your husband. Please check Immigration Canada's official website www.cic.gc.ca to find out more about how to apply for visit visa.

I know you are anxious, but if you follow the other posters timeline, you will find out some of us have been waiting for a long time.

thuyvannguyen

Aug 18, 2012
tamtam123 said:
Hi Everybody!

Hi ,

So can we apply tourist visa when we applying permanent resident visa?

maikan

Jan 30, 2013
Hi,

I just discovered this forum, I think it's the right place to ask the questions I have...

I am a (French) Canadian citizen living presently in Thailand. I'm engaged to a Thai women. Our relationship is only six months old, but we're beginning to talk about moving to Canada together already, because we know that if we do so, it's going to be a long process. We would start the process in a few months, giving us some more time to test and consolidate our relationship before making a move.

I read a lot of posts on forums already, I'm familiar with the difficulties of an inland demand... It means my fiancée should ask for a TRV first, although a TRV normally means that the Thai Citizen plans to go back to Thailand at the end of visa validity... (Canada abolished fiancé visa many years ago.)

Problem is : the processing time for sponsorship of spouse application at the Canadian visa office in Singapour is now said to be... 24 months!!! Source : the CIC official site.

24 months is a long time. I plan to move back to Canada next summer, can't think of living a long-distance relationship for two years.

On most forums (from past years), people were talking about a processing time of 9 to 12 months. What a change! Can anyone confirm that the processing time posted on CIC site reflects reality?

For an inland demand, processing times are said to be 6 months for step 1 and 8 months for step 2 (so 14 months total), but on very recent forums some people said it took them only 6 month for the whole process.

Thanks a lot if you can help confirm these informations.