02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
bdpeople said:
Recently i applied for spouse visa for my Husband. Now the waiting time for Bangladeshi people in Singapore office is 21 month.So If i want to apply for a visitor visa while the case is going on.What is the possibility of getting visa?What document and bank statement (how much) i have to show? My husband has a travel history in Australia.Will it help?
Is it temporary resident visa or visitor visa i have to apply?
waiting for reply.
Hi there welcoe to the forum! yes for singapore spouse visa can take anytime to 21months. Yes you can apply for Temporary resident visa aka visitor visa while PR application in process.Theres no maximum amount to show but it depends for how long your husband plan on staying in canada based on that you need to show proofs of money ,shelter to live in canada. Your husband could apply for anytime to 6months maximum. By the way your husband has to apply from bangladesh not you from canada.He has to submit his aplication to VFS in bangladesh, they have office in dhaka,chittagng,sylhet. I dont think the fact your husband lived in australia before gonna make any difference on his application. The most important thing is to show that he has ties in bangladesh otherwise they will believe he is not gonna leave the country after visa expires and thats mostly one of the reason most of application get refused....

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
alibaba_ctg said:
how and where to apply for GCSM or CAIP ? how much its cost ?
Print:IMM 5563 & IMM 5475
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/release-info.asp

Payment

Payment can be made by:
•Cheque or money order made payable to the Receiver General for Canada

OR
•Credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) using the online payment service.

Note: Your request will not be processed until your application fee is received.

bdpeople

Jul 28, 2012
Shiny88 said:
Hi there welcoe to the forum! yes for singapore spouse visa can take anytime to 21months. Yes you can apply for Temporary resident visa aka visitor visa while PR application in process.Theres no maximum amount to show but it depends for how long your husband plan on staying in canada based on that you need to show proofs of money ,shelter to live in canada. Your husband could apply for anytime to 6months maximum. By the way your husband has to apply from bangladesh not you from canada.He has to submit his aplication to VFS in bangladesh, they have office in dhaka,chittagng,sylhet. I dont think the fact your husband lived in australia before gonna make any difference on his application. The most important thing is to show that he has ties in bangladesh otherwise they will believe he is not gonna leave the country after visa expires and thats mostly one of the reason most of application get refused....
Shiny88 thanks a lot for the valuable information.
Any idea how much bank balance have to show in bdt or cad? Do my husband need to go to the visa office in dhaka to submit the application or he can post it? i thought dhaka office was closed. you have any suggestion which document he needs to show? :)

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
bdpeople said:
Any idea how much bank balance have to show in bdt or cad? Do my husband need to go to the visa office in dhaka to submit the application or he can post it? i thought dhaka office was closed. you have any suggestion which document he needs to show? :)
you can submit through VFS. I don't think money in the bank makes any differences because when I applied for my husband he showed money in the bank but that didn't help him to melt visa officer's heart. Main thing is your husband's running business or current job. Visa officer has to see that your husband can't leave Bangladesh for long time with these ties .....Good luck! :)

bdpeople

Jul 28, 2012
Shaheenaz said:
you can submit through VFS. I don't think money in the bank makes any differences because when I applied for my husband he showed money in the bank but that didn't help him to melt visa officer's heart. Main thing is your husband's running business or current job. Visa officer has to see that your husband can't leave Bangladesh for long time with these ties .....Good luck! :)
Hi Shaheenaz, Did your husband face any interview for this TRV ? or he posted all the document at Visa office?

aug2611

Jan 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-11
AOR Received.
none.
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Request
done jul 2011
Med's Done....
18-07-11
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
27-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-12
LANDED..........
06-07-12
Amy612 said:
I am jjust wondering have you received anything from Singapore after your application goes to In Process? Please let me know. I am still waiting.
thanks amy and to all here,
sorry delayed reply... haven't been logging here
summertime & hot outside... but enjoying every moment with my wife.
hope everyone else gets their visas soon and land.
good luck to all... and my prayers to everyone ;D

lightBD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
lightBD said:
So, they didn't ask for police certificate (I guess it expires after 6 months?) ?? How come??
Please someone reply to this. Shouldn't CIC be asking for updated police certificate before approving the visa? Or only medical report is required?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
bdpeople said:
My husband showed 3000 plus including my paayroll because i work and i can support him, but the fact that the ties in bangladesh didnt satisfy them i guess thats the reason why they refused too.Because he work in his brothers business.. I guess your husband can show as much as he can but as Shaheenaz said the money is not really what makes them give the visa but the ties he has in bangladesh is important. Yes the high commision of canada is closed but not the applicaation center in dhaka which is close to the high commision of canada. I cant remember exactly what i included, but there was a invitation letter from me, show bank statement of him..and some other stuff...maybe someone else can help u with that...

MTLQUEBEC

May 31, 2012
Hey everyone

My file was transferred on July 19, 2012 to Singapore.
When should I expect to hear back (AOR or something) ? December?

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
My husband showed 3000 plus including my paayroll because i work and i can support him, but the fact that the ties in bangladesh didnt satisfy them i guess thats the reason why they refused too.Because he work in his brothers business.. I guess your husband can show as much as he can but as Shaheenaz said the money is not really what makes them give the visa but the ties he has in bangladesh is important. Yes the high commision of canada is closed but not the applicaation center in dhaka which is close to the high commision of canada. I cant remember exactly what i included, but there was a invitation letter from me, show bank statement of him..and some other stuff...maybe someone else can help u with that...
hey there .. is this a good idea if the company i work for send the invitation letter to my wife for visit canada? bcoz they are short employee and they can give me vacation this time so they inviteing my wife for visit me..

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
bdpeople said:
Hi Shaheenaz, Did your husband face any interview for this TRV ? or he posted all the document at Visa office?
No. They just said they think my husband won't come back if enters in Canada. That was all. So main thing is your hubby 's strong commitment with job or business which will make him to come back to BD. If your husband is a CEO , Accountant, or something like that in a company then he might get the visa. As long as he can show the VO that his company needs him within short time.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shaheenaz said:
No. They just said they think my husband won't come back if enters in Canada. That was all. So main thing is your hubby 's strong commitment with job or business which will make him to come back to BD. If your husband is a CEO , Accountant, or something like that in a company then he might get the visa. As long as he can show the VO that his company needs him within short time.
Shaheenaz .. what about my wife she just a general office worker make $15,000/18,000 BDT a month, she also law student- finished LLB (Hons) Law degree now doing LLM .. ??

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Shaheenaz said:
I think this logic loop is beyond ridiculous! They can deny our spouses who apply for a visit because they don't have enough ties to back home.... and *surprise* newly married couples don't like being apart for "up to 21 months"?

Yet if our spouses DID have the requirements for the visa (proof or convincing reasons they have strong enough ties that wouldn't stay past their visa and ties to home) then how would they convince CIC that they are ready to move and live in Canada?

It has actually been annoying me more and more lately. IF my wife had been from a country that has no visa requirements for visiting such as the USA, Europe etc then she could actually come and stay with me for a few months for a visit etc.

I almost think this unfair double standard would make a great media and legal case.

They should seriously look at amending this to allow for a TRV while this is in process and to reduce the risk, ask the sponsor to put up a bond or sign an agreement that if the person is NOT approved for spousal sponsorship then that person will leave or face criminal/financial penalties.

AND to close any loopholes anyone who violates this is deported immediately with no chance for appeal and stay. They can appeal from outside Canada.

This would allow for all of us honest applicants to not suffer due to the fake ones. I suspect that the majority of couples are having to suffer through this long wait due to the small percentage of fake marriages (which I obviously agree should be investigated and stopped).

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
alibaba_ctg said:
hey there .. is this a good idea if the company i work for send the invitation letter to my wife for visit canada? bcoz they are short employee and they can give me vacation this time so they inviteing my wife for visit me..
Hmmm... i think you are the one inviting your wife in canada not ur employer, and the cause is for her to visit you, so i dont think the invitation letter should be from your employer. I guess they dont need to know if you have off or not. Thats what i think.Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
alibaba_ctg said:
Shaheenaz .. what about my wife she just a general office worker make $15,000/18,000 BDT a month, she also law student- finished LLB (Hons) Law degree now doing LLM .. ??
that is very good, she could have a letter from HER EMPLOYER saying they give her X amount of time off work and she must return after this time to her position. Also a letter stating that she iss attending school so she cant stay for too long. This 2 reason is a good tie to me.