Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
stevent said:
Wiggie,
Is your wife from Thailand? I'm making this guess by looking at your avatar flag. My wife is from Vietnam. You said your wife was asked to redo her medical and waiting for passport request? Did you send an email to Singapore VO? I believe your case could be the same as mine. Let me tell you about my case. My wife's interview was waived in mid-April and she had to redo her med. When my wife received the remed instruction form via postal mail, Singapore VO did not include the passport request form. I found it was weird. Therefore, two weeks after my wife completed her remed, I emailed Singapore VO and expressed my concern about passport submission. They replied with a message that my wife could drop off her passport and paid a courier fee to the IOM branch office in Ho Chi Minh City. Sometimes, they forgot to put the passport request instructions with the remed form. I don't know how applicants from Thailand submit their passports though. But for applicants from Vietnam, IOM takes care of that. You should email Singapore for an update and clarification. Best of luck!
Yes she is from Thailand. She got the request to redo medical along with submitting new passport type photos, new police certificate and fingerprints back in May. After completing the medical it only took a little over 2 weeks to show that her medical results had been received in ECAS. I did actually send them an email 2 weeks after medical results received in ECAS showed up asking about what needed to be done next and how it had already been a few weeks since they received the med results but they never responded me (over a month ago). I've contacted my MP a few times in order to get an update about what is going on but they have been reluctant to get anything for me so far (it seems they need a lot of "reminding" in order to actually get something done). Thought this would be a good idea as the MP was able to get some good information for us back in April. Thanks for your reply and info about your case. If the MP doesn't get back to me next week I will send Singapore another email. Thanks again

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Wiggie said:
Congrats on the good news : ) Lately it seems that sending the passport to Singapore via mail or through local embassy is taking much longer than not too long ago and I don't see it getting any faster. I don't think that if your wife submitted her passport in person in Singapore that she would get it back same day but probably a couple days after. Still, doing it that way I think would save you both a lot of time if going to Singapore is an option for you. I know if Singapore decides to finally send my wife PPR that we would definitely go there to submit it in person as it would probably take a few days as opposed to a few months. Good luck with the final steps and hopefully the waiting is not much longer for you : )
Congratulations !!!

Bluenoser

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Interview........
"In Process" 16-11-2012 - No Interview Required
Passport Req..
23-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-2012
Pari12 said:
hi everyone :)

I have recently sent an email to Singapore abt the status of my file and they replied back to me saying " The file is in the Paper Screening Stage awaiting review by Officer/Program Assistant. Please wait to receive further instructions/info from this office."

does anyone know anything abt the paper screening stage?

We received almost the exact same message on a recent inquiry. "Paper Screening Stage" seems to be a catch-all phrase for "sitting in a very large pile waiting to be opened for the first time." It is nice that they replied back so quickly, though. We appreciated that aspect of it.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
today Singapore REPLY TO MP office saying this

Dear Honourable MP for Labrador - Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

The date for .... name...interview has not yet been determined, and we are not yet in a position to state with any certainty when officers from Singapore will be travelling to conduct interviews in Bangladesh. Therefore, if the applicant wishes to apply for a visa to visit Canada, she may do so by following the instructions available on our website: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/visit-visite.aspx?view=d. Before a temporary resident visa will be issued to her (as an intending permanent resident of Canada), she will need to satisfy an officer that she will respect the terms and conditions of temporary entry to Canada, and depart Canada by the end of the period authorized for her stay. She will need to demonstrate that she has ties to Bangladesh that will motivate her to depart Canada, even though she has a spouse there, in the event that her application for a permanent resident visa is not approved.

I trust this information will be of assistance in responding to your constituent.

Sincerely,

Heather Michaud
Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
alibaba_ctg said:
today Singapore REPLY TO MP office saying this

Dear Honourable MP for Labrador - Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

The date for .... name...interview has not yet been determined, and we are not yet in a position to state with any certainty when officers from Singapore will be travelling to conduct interviews in Bangladesh. Therefore, if the applicant wishes to apply for a visa to visit Canada, she may do so by following the instructions available on our website: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/visit-visite.aspx?view=d. Before a temporary resident visa will be issued to her (as an intending permanent resident of Canada), she will need to satisfy an officer that she will respect the terms and conditions of temporary entry to Canada, and depart Canada by the end of the period authorized for her stay. She will need to demonstrate that she has ties to Bangladesh that will motivate her to depart Canada, even though she has a spouse there, in the event that her application for a permanent resident visa is not approved.

I trust this information will be of assistance in responding to your constituent.

Sincerely,

Heather Michaud
Singapore | Singapour
OH!! that means singapore officers travels to bangladesh for the interviews!!!wow what a news! i am sure when the officers gonna come to bangladesh all of us waiting for interview will have all around the same time.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
OH!! that means singapore officers travels to bangladesh for the interviews!!!wow what a news! i am sure when the officers gonna come to bangladesh all of us waiting for interview will have all around the same time.
I HOPE SO... but i'll apply for TRV ... give me some idea's ??

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi alibaba: did you request your GCSM or CAIP yet? Did you see what they mentioned on your file for an interview? That might be helpful. Thanks.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
alibaba_ctg said:
I HOPE SO... but i'll apply for TRV ... give me some idea's ??
Yes you could apply for TVR visa, which is for a short period of time one day to 6months maximum. Print out the form and the document checklist indicate you what you need to provide with the application. Your wife has to apply from bangladesh not you from canada. Your wife would need a lots of proofs, like finance ,her intention to return back to bangladesh, 2,4more passport size pictures, an invitation letter from you..etc If you plan on applying start preparing and if anyquestion then ask us.. The chance of getting visitor visa is very slim but if you can prove everything then you will get it. She might have to attend an interview for the tvr........

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
alibaba_ctg said:
She will need to demonstrate that she has ties to Bangladesh that will motivate her to depart Canada, even though she has a spouse there, in the event that her application for a permanent resident visa is not approved.

Sincerely,

Heather Michaud
Singapore | Singapour

In lay-terms apply for a TRV but unless you have to return because you will melt after the visa expires... don't hold your breath for approval.

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
saint4peace said:
Hi alibaba: did you request your GCSM or CAIP yet? Did you see what they mentioned on your file for an interview? That might be helpful. Thanks.
how and where to apply for GCSM or CAIP ? how much its cost ?

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi alibaba_ctg:

www cic gc ca / english / department / atip / requests-atip

Pari12

Apr 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011/12/07
AOR Received.
2012/02/02
Med's Request
2012/11
Passport Req..
2012/12/24
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
feb?march?
Thanks Shaheenaz and Bluenoser :)
Hopefully there will b some good news soon.

lightBD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Shaheenaz said:
Hello121 already answered your question about Appendix A.
SVO sent the Photo Specification with the re-med forms. So, my hubby can take the picture as required.
So, they didn't ask for police certificate (I guess it expires after 6 months?) ?? How come??

bdpeople

Jul 28, 2012
Recently i applied for spouse visa for my Husband. Now the waiting time for Bangladeshi people in Singapore office is 21 month.So If i want to apply for a visitor visa while the case is going on.What is the possibility of getting visa?What document and bank statement (how much) i have to show? My husband has a travel history in Australia.Will it help?
Is it temporary resident visa or visitor visa i have to apply?
waiting for reply.