16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
doccad said:
Finally, we got the good news today. My wife had her PR (I wanted to go out and dance in the street when I heard the news).
Now the letter says it takes 2 weeks to process the visa via register mail. As I can read in this forum, it can take more. Is it better to send PP in-person at SGP? I figure she can get it at the same day.

Hope good news will follow to you also.
Congrats on the good news : ) Lately it seems that sending the passport to Singapore via mail or through local embassy is taking much longer than not too long ago and I don't see it getting any faster. I don't think that if your wife submitted her passport in person in Singapore that she would get it back same day but probably a couple days after. Still, doing it that way I think would save you both a lot of time if going to Singapore is an option for you. I know if Singapore decides to finally send my wife PPR that we would definitely go there to submit it in person as it would probably take a few days as opposed to a few months. Good luck with the final steps and hopefully the waiting is not much longer for you : )

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Shaheenaz said:
Hi Shiny thanks for remembering me. Yes, now I am in BD with my hubby :D. How is your health ? Did you hear anything from SVO? This week my husband got a registered postal mail from SVO. They asked him to do re-med, wait for two weeks and then submit the passport with filled Appendix A and 4 recent passport photos. But we are very confused why they asked him to wait for two weeks after the re-med and then submit the passport. Here is a list of the documents they asked him to submit after two weeks of re-med:

Original passport
4 recent passport photos (taken within the last three months)
Appendix A
OMGG OMGGGGGGGGGG am so happy for yoU!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyy finally eh!! You both must be very happy and excited!!! good now the waiting is almost over for you. YAYYY =) are you going to stay in bd or return back with him or come back? =)))))))) I am doing fine i am a little over 3months pregnant and cant wait to have my second ultrasound to see my little pumpkingpie!! I went to see my supervisor today to give the good news that am pregnant, she is requesting me to go to my MP and she said if she can do anything she will.. so i am thinking about getting the mp involved... that is all still waiting news from singapore, but nothing yet..please pray for us to have it soon so we can be united.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
doccad said:
Finally, we got the good news today. My wife had her PR (I wanted to go out and dance in the street when I heard the news).
Now the letter says it takes 2 weeks to process the visa via register mail. As I can read in this forum, it can take more. Is it better to send PP in-person at SGP? I figure she can get it at the same day.

woooooooots wooootssss! CONGRATULATION!!!!!!! GO DANCE, who cares what people think:p It depends if you wanna go and have the possibillity to go then go:D I am happy for you!

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Shaheenaz said:
Hi Shiny thanks for remembering me. Yes, now I am in BD with my hubby :D. How is your health ? Did you hear anything from SVO? This week my husband got a registered postal mail from SVO. They asked him to do re-med, wait for two weeks and then submit the passport with filled Appendix A and 4 recent passport photos. But we are very confused why they asked him to wait for two weeks after the re-med and then submit the passport. Here is a list of the documents they asked him to submit after two weeks of re-med:

Original passport
Appendix A

WOW! Congrats Shaheenaz. Nice surprise! :)

And Doccad! Congrats! :)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shaheenaz said:

Original passport
Appendix A
Congratulationsssssssssssssssssss!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you cant express. I think you can back with him inshallah. Could you please let me know the date of the letter issued? I am still waiting for background check. Please pray for me.All the best.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
doccad said:

Congratulations...... I would dance in the street if I got the news.. :D If you send the passport in person then send Singapore an email informing them. Ask them wheather you can receive your passport with visa in the same day or not. One of my friend works for WHO. He can not stay without passport for long time. So he made an appointment with Singapore. That day he submitted the passport and received it the same day afternoo.

Have you received the passport request by email or mail? Could you plaese let me know the date of the letter issued.

Sponbd

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Amy612 said:
Congratulations...... I would dance in the street if I got the news.. :D If you send the passport in person then send Singapore an email informing them. Ask them wheather you can receive your passport with visa in the same day or not. One of my friend works for WHO. He can not stay without passport for long time. So he made an appointment with Singapore. That day he submitted the passport and received it the same day afternoo.

Have you received the passport request by email or mail? Could you plaese let me know the date of the letter issued.
This is a respone for TRV visa from CIC Singapore office .

How do I submit my passport(s)?

You have the following options for submission of passport(s) to our office. It is your responsibility to choose a secure method. The High Commission of Canada will not be responsible for passport(s) lost in transit to or from our office.

1. Regular Mail: enclose a self-addressed envelope and a request for mail service, then send your passport(s) to this address:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645

2. Registered Mail or Courier: send by registered mail or make arrangements for a courier to deliver your original passport(s) (NOTE: the High Commission will NOT be responsible for paying return courier costs)

Immigration Section
One George Street #11-01
Singapore 049145

3. In Person: come to the High Commission in person Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 8:30 am and 9:30 am to submit your passport(s), which will be ready for collection the same day between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm.

4. Travel Agent or Representative: appoint someone to deliver your passport(s) on your behalf Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 8:30 am and 9:30 am – you must provide them with a letter of authorization signed by you. Parents or guardians may sign on behalf of minors. Your passport(s) will be ready for collection the same day between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm

5. VFS Visa Application Centre (Bangladesh only): if you submitted your application through VFS, you may submit your original passport(s) to the same VFS office

IMPORTANT: Whichever method you choose, PLEASE ENCLOSE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL with your passport(s).

How will my passport(s) be returned?

1. Registered Mail: If you enclosed a self-addressed envelope and requested mail service, your passport(s) will be returned to you by registered mail

2. Pre-Paid Courier: if you make arrangements for a courier to collect your original passport(s) on your behalf – NOTE: the High Commission will NOT be responsible for paying return courier costs - if you provided a courier envelope or waybill and there is no evidence that you have already paid for return courier service, your passport(s) will be returned by registered mail

3. In Person: as instructed at the time when the passport(s) were dropped off

4. Travel Agent or Representative: as instructed when the passport(s) were dropped off

5. VFS Visa Application Centre (Bangladesh only): if you submitted your original passport(s) through VFS, they will be returned to the same VFS office

If you do not specify how you wish your passport(s) to be returned, they will be sent to you by registered mail (if you applied by mail or courier) OR held on file for in person collection (if you applied in person or by drop box).

doccad

Jul 19, 2012
Amy612 said:

Thank you
She got PR by email today. Here is what they tell:
Your medical will be expiring on 13 September 2012. Please advice if you are able to travel by that date.
Does it mean that she has to travel to SGP for get visa? I have been told that she has to landed in Canada before
medical will expire.

I wish you good luck. You will surely get it very soon as our timeline is similar.

doccad

Jul 19, 2012
Amy612 said:

Thank you. The email has been receive today.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Sponbd said:

Hi,
Is it true for PR visa also? I know it's written in their website about the TRV.
By the way is there any update from you? I am waiting waiting and waiting...............no end.

doccad

Jul 19, 2012
Sponbd said:

You have the following options for submission of passport(s) to our office. It is your responsibility to choose a secure method. The High Commission of Canada will not be responsible for passport(s) lost in transit to or from our office.

1. Regular Mail: enclose a self-addressed envelope and a request for mail service, then send your passport(s) to this address:

Immigration Section
P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645

2. Registered Mail or Courier: send by registered mail or make arrangements for a courier to deliver your original passport(s) (NOTE: the High Commission will NOT be responsible for paying return courier costs)

Immigration Section
One George Street #11-01
Singapore 049145

3. In Person: come to the High Commission in person Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 8:30 am and 9:30 am to submit your passport(s), which will be ready for collection the same day between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm.

4. Travel Agent or Representative: appoint someone to deliver your passport(s) on your behalf Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 8:30 am and 9:30 am – you must provide them with a letter of authorization signed by you. Parents or guardians may sign on behalf of minors. Your passport(s) will be ready for collection the same day between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm

5. VFS Visa Application Centre (Bangladesh only): if you submitted your application through VFS, you may submit your original passport(s) to the same VFS office

IMPORTANT: Whichever method you choose, PLEASE ENCLOSE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL with your passport(s).

How will my passport(s) be returned?

1. Registered Mail: If you enclosed a self-addressed envelope and requested mail service, your passport(s) will be returned to you by registered mail

2. Pre-Paid Courier: if you make arrangements for a courier to collect your original passport(s) on your behalf – NOTE: the High Commission will NOT be responsible for paying return courier costs - if you provided a courier envelope or waybill and there is no evidence that you have already paid for return courier service, your passport(s) will be returned by registered mail

3. In Person: as instructed at the time when the passport(s) were dropped off

4. Travel Agent or Representative: as instructed when the passport(s) were dropped off

5. VFS Visa Application Centre (Bangladesh only): if you submitted your original passport(s) through VFS, they will be returned to the same VFS office

If you do not specify how you wish your passport(s) to be returned, they will be sent to you by registered mail (if you applied by mail or courier) OR held on file for in person collection (if you applied in person or by drop box).

It says in PR letter:

If you choose to submit in-person, please allow 3 working days to process your visa(s).

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
doccad said:
Thank you. The email has been receive today.
Thanks a lot for the information.
It means she has to land in Canada before september 13, 2012. So if you submit passport they will issue visa as early as possible.
You have to inform that wheather she is able to travel before sept 13 or not. If it is not possible for her to land before sept13, then they will ask for remedical. There is a new law, VO may request to extend the medical. So they will take necessary steps.

doccad

Jul 19, 2012
Amy612 said:
Thanks a lot for the information.
It means she has to land in Canada before september 13, 2012. So if you submit passport they will issue visa as early as possible.
You have to inform that wheather she is able to travel before sept 13 or not. If it is not possible for her to land before sept13, then they will ask for remedical. There is a new law, VO may request to extend the medical. So they will take necessary steps.
Ho God, that doesn't give us much time to plan well. I don't really understand the sense of that. I tought once the VO is done with Medical control it doen't matter about the expire date. She can landed whenever she is ready.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
doccad said:
Ho God, that doesn't give us much time to plan well. I don't really understand the sense of that. I tought once the VO is done with Medical control it doen't matter about the expire date. She can landed whenever she is ready.
No it's not true. If you say you can travel before Sept 13 then they will issue visa which is valid up to Sept 13. So let singapore know about your decission.
I know one person may be it's "Stevent" got the same letter. His wife was not able to land before the first medical expire. So he informed Singapore and they issued remedical letter for his wife. It takes probably two months in addition. You can check some of his posts here.

Sponbd

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Amy612 said:
Hi,
Is it true for PR visa also? I know it's written in their website about the TRV.
By the way is there any update from you? I am waiting waiting and waiting...............no end.
Me too ...Waiting waiting...for the magical PPR letter :)