waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Hi Shaheenaz:

* What is Appendix A ? Photo Specification or Checklist ? Thanks.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
aarongpasha said:
Hi Shaheenaz:

Looked at my forms and Appendix A is the Document Checklist - Immigrant.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Wiggie said:
Congratulations : ) I wish my wife had the same wait 2 weeks then submit passport deal as we have now been waiting 3 months since they asked her to redo medical and still have not received passport request. You said you received this request via registered mail right? When was the letter dated that they sent you?
Wiggie,
Is your wife from Thailand? I'm making this guess by looking at your avatar flag. My wife is from Vietnam. You said your wife was asked to redo her medical and waiting for passport request? Did you send an email to Singapore VO? I believe your case could be the same as mine. Let me tell you about my case. My wife's interview was waived in mid-April and she had to redo her med. When my wife received the remed instruction form via postal mail, Singapore VO did not include the passport request form. I found it was weird. Therefore, two weeks after my wife completed her remed, I emailed Singapore VO and expressed my concern about passport submission. They replied with a message that my wife could drop off her passport and paid a courier fee to the IOM branch office in Ho Chi Minh City. Sometimes, they forgot to put the passport request instructions with the remed form. I don't know how applicants from Thailand submit their passports though. But for applicants from Vietnam, IOM takes care of that. You should email Singapore for an update and clarification. Best of luck!

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Amy612 said:
No it's not true. If you say you can travel before Sept 13 then they will issue visa which is valid up to Sept 13. So let singapore know about your decission.
I know one person may be it's "Stevent" got the same letter. His wife was not able to land before the first medical expire. So he informed Singapore and they issued remedical letter for his wife. It takes probably two months in addition. You can check some of his posts here.
Amy612 is totally correct. That was what happened to my case.

Doccad, an advice for you, if your wife can manage to land in Canada by September 13, please DO. If she can't, she would have to wait 2 more months to get the remed done and with all the headache that goes with it. It took my wife 2 months and that was considered lucky and fast. You never know if the waiting time is longer than 2 months because Singapore VO is unpredictable.
Go now! Arrange for your wife to land in Canada ASAP :)

Pari12

Apr 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011/12/07
AOR Received.
2012/02/02
Med's Request
2012/11
Passport Req..
2012/12/24
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
feb?march?
hi everyone :)

I have recently sent an email to Singapore abt the status of my file and they replied back to me saying " The file is in the Paper Screening Stage awaiting review by Officer/Program Assistant. Please wait to receive further instructions/info from this office."

does anyone know anything abt the paper screening stage?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
damn singapore do something with our file... anyone heard of any file being lost and someone waited years then decided to contact singapore and found out there was nothing about them on their system??LOL :-X ::)

should i send additional document to singapore even tho it says not to send anything on the interview letter? exemple baby ultrasound saying am expecting and other proofs of relationship?? Sorry for asking stupid question i just want them to look for once my file and do something with ittttttt :'(

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Shiny88 said:
damn singapore do something with our file... anyone heard of any file being lost and someone waited years then decided to contact singapore and found out there was nothing about them on their system??LOL :-X ::)
lol. I hear you Shiny. This waiting for interview is incredibly stressful and for so long.

Seems like forever that we have even heard from others that have had to go through the Singapore interview process.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Shiny and Hello121,
I think they intentionally make this interview waiting time sooooooo long. I am wondering may be they want to see how strong the relation to sustain such a pressure!!! Don't worry . Try to be positive. I think after going through this stressfull process our relationship will be more strong..:D

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Hello121 said:
lol. I hear you Shiny. This waiting for interview is incredibly stressful and for so long.

Seems like forever that we have even heard from others that have had to go through the Singapore interview process.
i know eh!! when is the last time someone saying they received the interview letter from singapore in this forum? beside the one that received between sep-nov 2011.Something fishy going on i swear! i am sure those officers didnt get paid enough those 3months lol . I am also sure some people bribe, thats what i think Lol i am fully legal! so give us the damn visa so we can bang bang with our spouse. :p ::)

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Amy612 said:
Shiny and Hello121,
I think they intentionally make this interview waiting time sooooooo long. I am wondering may be they want to see how strong the relation to sustain such a pressure!!! Don't worry . Try to be positive. I think after going through this stressfull process our relationship will be more strong..:D
very very hard to try for so long Amy, i applied one year after marriage because i was unemployed, so i am waiting for almost 3years! I hope at the end they will give us what we've been waiting for cuz otherwiseeee they will see the dark side of me LOL. 8)

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Shiny: why did you need to wait 1 year to apply ? because of unemployment ? Does it really matter to sponsor a spouse ? Really ? I am just curious. Thanks.

doccad

Jul 19, 2012
stevent said:
Amy612 is totally correct. That was what happened to my case.

Doccad, an advice for you, if your wife can manage to land in Canada by September 13, please DO. If she can't, she would have to wait 2 more months to get the remed done and with all the headache that goes with it. It took my wife 2 months and that was considered lucky and fast. You never know if the waiting time is longer than 2 months because Singapore VO is unpredictable.
Go now! Arrange for your wife to land in Canada ASAP :)
Thank you Stevent. We will follow your advice. Good to learn from people who have experience. Now as time is pretty short until September, my wife will go directly in-person at SGP. I hope she can get her passport at same day. Cheers.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Pari12 said:
hi everyone :)

I have recently sent an email to Singapore abt the status of my file and they replied back to me saying " The file is in the Paper Screening Stage awaiting review by Officer/Program Assistant. Please wait to receive further instructions/info from this office."

does anyone know anything abt the paper screening stage?
SVO also told me the same "paper screening stage" when I wanted to know the status of my file in March/April. In May I went to MP and this week my husband got letter from SVO to do re-med and passport request. I think paper screening is a good sign. They are working on it.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
aarongpasha said:
Hi Shaheenaz:

Hello121 already answered your question about Appendix A.
SVO sent the Photo Specification with the re-med forms. So, my hubby can take the picture as required.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Shiny88 said:
OMGG OMGGGGGGGGGG am so happy for yoU!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyy finally eh!! You both must be very happy and excited!!! good now the waiting is almost over for you. YAYYY =) are you going to stay in bd or return back with him or come back? =)))))))) I am doing fine i am a little over 3months pregnant and cant wait to have my second ultrasound to see my little pumpkingpie!! I went to see my supervisor today to give the good news that am pregnant, she is requesting me to go to my MP and she said if she can do anything she will.. so i am thinking about getting the mp involved... that is all still waiting news from singapore, but nothing yet..please pray for us to have it soon so we can be united.
Thank you , thank you Shiny. :D

I will come back as per my schedule to join back to my work. If he gets the visa by then he can join me or he has to come on later. I don't think he can get the visa that soon. I wish you hear something from SVO soon.