Sponbd

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
heavyheartman said:
Hello everyone,

Here are the stats of my wife's Application:

Submitted July 12, 2011

Sponsor approved Sept 2011

File sent to Singapore along with medicals and police certs - Has said Application Received July 12, 2011 ever since :( MP is currently making an inquiry...should have info next week

On E-CAS as of today ( July 16th 2012) all it still says is "application received" along with my wife's correct mailing address. I don't understand the delays at all. I see other applicants who sent their Application much later than my wife's and now they already have their Visa!? How can this be? Our application was very thorough, organized and factual. We got married April 2011 and I stayed in Cambodia 4 weeks (wife is Cambodian)...my mother also stayed for this duration. I went back 2nd visit Dec 2011 for 3 weeks and recently came back from visit #3 this June 2012 for 3 weeks. The Visa office is well aware of all this as all supporting documents were included with Application, i.e. photos, passport copies, plane ticket stubs, hundreds of emails, hundreds of used phone cards, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, hotel receipts, and over 20 statutory declarations from recognized professionals ( i.e. doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, Phd's etc) all confirming that the relationship is continuing and genuine.

Before sending the application, it was reviewed by one of the top Immigration Lawyers in the city. She commented that it was one of the best applications she had seen, that the evidence supporting the genuineness of the relationship was over whelming. Oh, I also sent an updated package in February 2012 consisting of supporting documents confirming relationship genuineness i.e. emails, more used phone cards, photos, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, etc.

This past March my wife with the hopes of expediting her case, proactively did another medical and got another up to date police record check and sent them both to Singapore. They never requested either, it was on her own accord. I realize that it's entirely up to them whether or not to accept them....but you would think that they would if it was already done? To save time?

Does our waiting timeline seem normal to everyone? I just keep seeing all these timelines which much faster response than what my wife is seeing on her own case......should we be worried? This has been such an emotional roller coaster......it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel......... I would like to think that the Application we submitted was extremely thorough and obviously genuine to any who would glance at it........all we want to see are those magical 2 words "In Process" and then the infamous passport request!:)

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunately , Singapore CIC do not follow the laws of physics, so the response of the Visa officer's depends entirely to the Visa officer.
Although their respond is rare, You should always send an email to the Visa office asking about if they have send you anything or something is missing in your application etc.

MP enquiry was helpful for me, so I hope you will find out more about your File's current situation.

I wish good luck to you and hope you receive good news.

heavyheartman

Jul 16, 2012
Sponbd said:
Unfortunately , Singapore CIC do not follow the laws of physics, so the response of the Visa officer's depends entirely to the Visa officer.
Although their respond is rare, You should always send an email to the Visa office asking about if they have send you anything or something is missing in your application etc.

MP enquiry was helpful for me, so I hope you will find out more about your File's current situation.

I wish good luck to you and hope you receive good news.

Thank you so much for your input. I will send them an email asking about if they sent anyhting or not........Back in March I sent them an email asking the same thing but they never responded. I will sedn them another one as it's overdue I would think. Many thanks:)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
heavyheartman said:
Thank you so much for your input. I will send them an email asking about if they sent anyhting or not........Back in March I sent them an email asking the same thing but they never responded. I will sedn them another one as it's overdue I would think. Many thanks:)
Have you applied for your GCMS notes? If you on't then please apply for that. You can see the status of your application, the notes of visa officer about your relationship and may be you can find out the cause of the delay. I received my GCMS notes and it was clear there that our relationship is genuine. So I am not worried about to send additional document. It will also show you whether thay have included your additional proof of relationship. So my suggestion is please apply for GCSM.

bangla12323

Jul 17, 2012
hello,
I am new to this..I am going to sponsor my wife to canada..I live in Canada and she lives in Bangladesh..I have one question, she needs to do her medical exam..she went for the medical exam (in bangladesh) and in the form doc wrote visa office to be sent-- "Philippines"
but shouldn't it be "SINGAPORE"??
please let me know where your medical exam went..did it go to singapore office or philiippines?
thank you.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
bangla12323 said:
hello,
I am new to this..I am going to sponsor my wife to canada..I live in Canada and she lives in Bangladesh..I have one question, she needs to do her medical exam..she went for the medical exam (in bangladesh) and in the form doc wrote visa office to be sent-- "Philippines"
please let me know where your medical exam went..did it go to singapore office or philiippines?
thank you.
Yah, I think doctor is right. They have changed the office from Singapore to philiippines recently. So don't worry. :)

Wiggie

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2011
File Transfer...
09/06/2011
Med's Request
14/05/2012
Med's Done....
Original 26/04/2011 Re-medical 15/05/2012
Interview........
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
18/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2012
LANDED..........
08/11/2012
bangla12323 said:
hello,
thank you.
No worries. My wife had to redo her medical about 2 months ago and her results were sent to the Philippines as well. This change has just recently come into effect due to budget cuts (I think) and took effect May 1st. The doctor who was responsible for my wife's medical informed us of this when we were there. My wife's ECAS shows that Singapore had received her medical results so don't worry, they will get where they need to get : )

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
bangla12323 said:
but did your wife come from bangladesh? or some other country
His wife not from Bangladesh. But his wife's visa office is Singapore. All PR applicant in Singapore visa office will send medical to philipine instead of Singapore.

bangla12323

Jul 17, 2012
ooh i see..thanks...also i hav another question..do you need to have a job to sponsor spouse? does it speed up the process if you have a job? because i do not have a job i jus graduated from university..

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
bangla12323 said:
ooh i see..thanks...also i hav another question..do you need to have a job to sponsor spouse? does it speed up the process if you have a job? because i do not have a job i jus graduated from university..
Job or no Job does not speed up your application.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
bangla12323 said:
I don't think having a job will speed up the process. It depends fully how efficiently you submit your application, proof of relationship and security/background check. If your relationship is genuine and your case is straight forward, no problem with the security check, it should not take much time.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
heavyheartman said:
Hello everyone,

Here are the stats of my wife's Application:

Submitted July 12, 2011

Sponsor approved Sept 2011

File sent to Singapore along with medicals and police certs - Has said Application Received July 12, 2011 ever since :( MP is currently making an inquiry...should have info next week

On E-CAS as of today ( July 16th 2012) all it still says is "application received" along with my wife's correct mailing address. I don't understand the delays at all. I see other applicants who sent their Application much later than my wife's and now they already have their Visa!? How can this be? Our application was very thorough, organized and factual. We got married April 2011 and I stayed in Cambodia 4 weeks (wife is Cambodian)...my mother also stayed for this duration. I went back 2nd visit Dec 2011 for 3 weeks and recently came back from visit #3 this June 2012 for 3 weeks. The Visa office is well aware of all this as all supporting documents were included with Application, i.e. photos, passport copies, plane ticket stubs, hundreds of emails, hundreds of used phone cards, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, hotel receipts, and over 20 statutory declarations from recognized professionals ( i.e. doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, Phd's etc) all confirming that the relationship is continuing and genuine.

Before sending the application, it was reviewed by one of the top Immigration Lawyers in the city. She commented that it was one of the best applications she had seen, that the evidence supporting the genuineness of the relationship was over whelming. Oh, I also sent an updated package in February 2012 consisting of supporting documents confirming relationship genuineness i.e. emails, more used phone cards, photos, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, etc.

This past March my wife with the hopes of expediting her case, proactively did another medical and got another up to date police record check and sent them both to Singapore. They never requested either, it was on her own accord. I realize that it's entirely up to them whether or not to accept them....but you would think that they would if it was already done? To save time?

Does our waiting timeline seem normal to everyone? I just keep seeing all these timelines which much faster response than what my wife is seeing on her own case......should we be worried? This has been such an emotional roller coaster......it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel......... I would like to think that the Application we submitted was extremely thorough and obviously genuine to any who would glance at it........all we want to see are those magical 2 words "In Process" and then the infamous passport request!:)

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated
Hello heaveyheartman,

I am in the same timeline as you E-CAS also show “Application Received” I have been sending email to Singapore Visa Office updating my file because my wife was pregnant…. until my baby was born two months ago….still no response from SVO. I don’t think SVO will reply to me because I am still within the timeline of 21 months. I have also contacted my local MP in March and they got back to me the next day telling me I am still within my timeline but they will check again for me with Immigration this September. I am also waiting for those magical words “In Process” but I give up and just learn to be patient, I don’t think you have to worry too much and nothing you can do….waiting is our game with Immigration…wishes we all can get our PR soon.

Cheers

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Can anyone tell me how my local MP can help me to get my wife application status ??

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
I have a question and i wanted to make sure what i believe is right. So the processing time for Singapore visa office for spousal application can take anytime to 21months. so since application submitted in missisauga, february 2011, its been 1year 5months. So 6 months left to complete the 21months. Does it mean everything gonna be completed before then? or it can take over 21months since interview is required?

Have anyone heard of any application going over the 21months timeline for singapore? Please share what you know. I am hoping the waiting not gonna get over the processing time.

Ecas still showing application received since march 2011..

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
bangla12323 said:
Nothing gonna speed up the processing not even if you have a representative. I guess you dont need a job to sponsor but you cant be on welfare. You gotta show proofs that you willl be able to support yourself and your spouse once comes to canada. goodluck