+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
rakibcsebuet said:
Congratulations :)

Could you please tell me when did you submit your passport? and when the ecas status changed to "Decision Made"?

Did you get your passport back via FedEx? or Registered mail?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, the details I do not know.
I will answer as best as I can.
My wife have to get Police certificate and she sent in her passport in April 2012.

She got the passport back in May 2012 and she told me it was about 2 weeks after she sent it in.

She will not elaborate whether it was courier or parcel.

Sponbd

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Amy612 said:
I am jjust wondering have you received anything from Singapore after your application goes to In Process? Please let me know. I am still waiting.
Nothing at all :-(

khansam

Jul 12, 2011
What does background check means? While sending the application we also submit the police clearance. So how do they do the background check again when they allready have the police clearance?

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
khansam said:
What does background check means? While sending the application we also submit the police clearance. So how do they do the background check again when they allready have the police clearance?
I'm just guessing khansam but maybe just a background check on the information provided to make sure there are no fakes or misinformation, not necessarily another criminal background check. I assumed that they did this with pretty well everyone.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
watsonwoo said:
Hi Everyone:

My wife will arrive in Canada on Wed, Aug 08, 2012.

This is my update.
Thank you everyone for your support.

Watson.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 27-Sep-2011
App. Processed...: 08-Dec-2011
Med's Received....: 27-Sep-2011
PR status........: "Decision Made"
PR process.......: 05-Feb-2012
Interview........: ?
Passport Req..: 25-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 07-May-2012
LANDED..........: 08-Aug-2012 <----She will arrive on this date.

Congrats Watson!! where are you sponsor from? what country Hongkong?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Bold9900

Good luck and have a happy life !

Which nationality do you both share?

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aug2611 said:
finally landed canada today.
no hassles at immigration.
very quick verifications.
not much questions.
WOW! I'm so happy for you! :)

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy612 said:
This is my question too. The answer is you can apply for any number of times for TRV. You will get the visa or not fully depend on the Visa officer and your case. :)
So, if I apply for the TRV while I'm waiting for the PR visa, is there any chance of getting the PR visa instead of TRV? Or they may give me the TRV (lol)?

I'm just so frustrated right now! :(

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
rose87 said:
So, if I apply for the TRV while I'm waiting for the PR visa, is there any chance of getting the PR visa instead of TRV? Or they may give me the TRV (lol)?

I'm just so frustrated right now! :(
I am sorry to say I really don't know. Look at my timeline. I am waiting longer than you and thinking just like you. I talked with my husband. He doesnt appy for TRV now. He wants to wait.
The people here who got the PR instead of TRV, all of them were waiting for PR interview. Are you waiting for interview letter?
I read one case, she was from Kualalampure visa office. She applied for TRV but they issued PR visa.
You can always apply for TRV. If I were you I would apply :)

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy612 said:
I am sorry to say I really don't know. Look at my timeline. I am waiting longer than you and thinking just like you. I talked with my husband. He doesnt appy for TRV now. He wants to wait.
The people here who got the PR instead of TRV, all of them were waiting for PR interview. Are you waiting for interview letter?
I read one case, she was from Kualalampure visa office. She applied for TRV but they issued PR visa.
Thanks for the encouragement Amy! :)

I'll apply for the TRV may be but first I'll ask my hubby to get the GCMS, so that we get an idea. I am so lost you know! I was abroad for couple of years, I've attached the police certificate of that country with my application. Do you think this could effect the length of processing?

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Any news for anyone waiting for the interview? i am planning on telling my obstetrician that i would like to bring my husband on a visitor visa and if she could write a note that i could include on the tvr application for my husband. I think it will help very much as the doctor knows i am by myself and my husband is living backhome. Do you think its gonna be a valuable thing to include on my tvr? Also really how much my husband should show in his bank? and how about me? do i need to show big amount?or just show my payroll and say that i work?and whatever my husband need i could provide him for his stay? i know a letter of invitation plus maybe a ultrasound picture including due date or something...what else i can include?help i want to be fully prepaired and send it before september. My dad is telling me to get a lawyer i dont wanna spend big buck for no reason,... any help will be appreciated. I am desperate ,anxious, scared, and feel lonely. I cry a lot, and i know all this is so bad for my baby. :-\ My husband also feel terrible that i have to go trough this on my own...

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
jnathan said:
Bold9900

Good luck and have a happy life !

Which nationality do you both share?

I am Cantonese sponsor my wife and she is in Vietnam.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shiny88 said:
Any news for anyone waiting for the interview? i am planning on telling my obstetrician that i would like to bring my husband on a visitor visa and if she could write a note that i could include on the tvr application for my husband. I think it will help very much as the doctor knows i am by myself and my husband is living backhome. Do you think its gonna be a valuable thing to include on my tvr? Also really how much my husband should show in his bank? and how about me? do i need to show big amount?or just show my payroll and say that i work?and whatever my husband need i could provide him for his stay? i know a letter of invitation plus maybe a ultrasound picture including due date or something...what else i can include?help i want to be fully prepaired and send it before september. My dad is telling me to get a lawyer i dont wanna spend big buck for no reason,... any help will be appreciated. I am desperate ,anxious, scared, and feel lonely. I cry a lot, and i know all this is so bad for my baby. :-\ My husband also feel terrible that i have to go trough this on my own...
I guess you already have documents from "stupidrim" about TRV, so include all the documents as he mentioned and doctor's notes would really be helpful in my opinion. I am not sure that big amount would make a huge difference, but show the prove that he has tie with country(i.e Job , school, business).Also mention that he has no reason to stay ilegally where a file in process for PR.

afrosebd2002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Jul'11
File Transfer...
21 Nov'11
Med's Request
30 Sep'13
Med's Done....
09 Oct'13
Passport Req..
30 Sep'13
Shiny88 said:
When i applied for TRV then i show my bank balance approx $7,000 & my husband also show is bank balance $7,000+ & give his salary statement. Also in the invitation letter he mention that he will bear all my expense. Unfortunately i didnot get the TVR because in that time my file was not open but your case is different so I hope he will get the TVR.

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy612 said:
So, just to clarify, was the lady from Kualalampur waiting for interview or visa like me? :)