+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

Sponbd

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Amy612 said:
My ECAS Status:

We received your application for permanent residence on September 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 10, 2012.

My ECAS status is IN PROCESS,
Normally I saw singapore asks for passport within 1-3.5 months of changining ecas status In Process. I am waiting for 2.5 months. Nothing from singapore yet. :(
I went through some older posts, It seems to me , After the application is "Started Processing", usually the SVO send PPR/MR within few days from the date they started the processing.

So for you , they may send the mail approx. April 20-30, have you send email to know whether they have send any mail already ? Also I think considering the Postal system in Bangladesh, we should also keep contact with the local Post office.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Sponbd said:
So for you , they may send the mail approx. April 20-30, have you send email to know whether they have send any mail already ? Also I think considering the Postal system in Bangladesh, we should also keep contact with the local Post office.
Thanks for your concern. You are rtight. But for my case it's not. I sent email to Singapore on May 30 asking if they had send any letter or asking for any additional document but no reply. Now about the postal service, My mother calls the post man almost every day if there is any letter from singapore.:D. He told my mom if anything comes he will call back. My mom gave him already advance tips. So I don't think any letter is missing.
I know another person from Bangaldesh, his case is In PRocess from April 9, 2012 and has not received anything from Singapore yet.

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

I am from Bangladesh. Can you please answer my queries as I'm really worried now! My application was received in 24th October,2011. My husband's sponsorship checking was done by 2 months after receiving and then it was sent to Singapore. In May 10 they started processing my application.

Now, how long generally it takes to get the visa ONCE PROCESSING HAS STARTED? I mean how long I'll have to wait after the processing has started?

Also, how will I submit my passport as Dhaka office is closed for good?

Please reply.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Now Singapore takes so long to stamp visa. My friend submitted passport Feb 29 still no news from Singapore. When send an e-mail Singapore they replied passport is still in Dhaka CHC.

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
mirjahan said:
Now Singapore takes so long to stamp visa. My friend submitted passport Feb 29 still no news from Singapore. When send an e-mail Singapore they replied passport is still in Dhaka CHC.
Hi Mr. mirjahan,

It is seen that you have got passport request on 7th february and got visa on 28th ! You are so lucky to get it so quickly !!! Could you please tell when did you submit the passport to Dhaka CHC?

But, your friend is unlucky enough, because he has got request in the same month. But, it is very unlikely to hear that his passport is still in Dhaka. DO you know any reason of this discrimination? Please share then.

I am telling this , because I have seen people in this group getting their visa within 1 month after submitting their passport directly to Singapore CHC. Again, some people are not getting visa for more than 1 month after submitting their passport directly to Singapore CHC.(like me ) !!!

So, if you know any reason for this or any clue, then please share with us. That would be really appreciated by all of us.

Thanks and Regards.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
rakibcsebuet said:
Hi Mr. mirjahan,

It is seen that you have got passport request on 7th february and got visa on 28th ! You are so lucky to get it so quickly !!! Could you please tell when did you submit the passport to Dhaka CHC?

But, your friend is unlucky enough, because he has got request in the same month. But, it is very unlikely to hear that his passport is still in Dhaka. DO you know any reason of this discrimination? Please share then.

I am telling this , because I have seen people in this group getting their visa within 1 month after submitting their passport directly to Singapore CHC. Again, some people are not getting visa for more than 1 month after submitting their passport directly to Singapore CHC.(like me ) !!!

So, if you know any reason for this or any clue, then please share with us. That would be really appreciated by all of us.

Thanks and Regards.
Now days Singapore CHC hold passport for longer than before. When my wife receive her passport and on her envelop written URGENT in red ink, her medical was expire to be on beginning of april. Feb 29 i saw Decision Made on ecas . Feb 28 actual date of visa stamp and she collect her passport March 5 from CHC Dhaka. They called her.

I think Singapore will delay visa stamp until Medical about to be expire. or next BFD. rakib when your medial will be expire? As situation now wait until 3-4 months before medical expire. I wish you good luck hope passport back soon with visa stamp.

Singapore does not reply IF no general information or new info on your file.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
CHC Singapore was so busy lately for sending lots of MR's to waiting applicants of MI-1

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
mirjahan said:
Now days Singapore CHC hold passport for longer than before. When my wife receive her passport and on her envelop written URGENT in red ink, her medical was expire to be on beginning of april. Feb 29 i saw Decision Made on ecas . Feb 28 actual date of visa stamp and she collect her passport March 5 from CHC Dhaka. They called her.

I think Singapore will delay visa stamp until Medical about to be expire. or next BFD. rakib when your medial will be expire? As situation now wait until 3-4 months before medical expire. I wish you good luck hope passport back soon with visa stamp.

Singapore does not reply IF no general information or new info on your file.
Thanks for your reply Mr. mirjahan. I just did my re-medical on 9th May, 2012. So, my medical will expire on 9th May, 2013 !!!
That means, I have to wait for one year ???

Passport is a very important thing for everyone. Does not they consider that? People are not only waiting for going to Canada, they may have to visit other countries for professional or study purposes, doesn't they know that. I think, CIC definitely knows that, so after receiving the passport they should not make unnecessary delay for issuing visa.

Anyway, what is your friend's case mirjahan? Could you tell us ? Because, He received PPR on 29th February. After that, CIC BD was working for full 2 months in BD !!! WHy is his passport still in BD ? I did not hear such things before this. Really unfortunate. Hope, all of us get visa's and passport back ASAP.

Regards,
Rakib

rose87

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rose87 said:
Hi everyone!

I am from Bangladesh. Can you please answer my queries as I'm really worried now! My application was received in 24th October,2011. My husband's sponsorship checking was done by 2 months after receiving and then it was sent to Singapore. In May 10 they started processing my application.

Now, how long generally it takes to get the visa ONCE PROCESSING HAS STARTED? I mean how long I'll have to wait after the processing has started?

Also, how will I submit my passport as Dhaka office is closed for good?

Please reply.
Nobody replied to me ! :(

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
rakibcsebuet said:
Thanks for your reply Mr. mirjahan. I just did my re-medical on 9th May, 2012. So, my medical will expire on 9th May, 2013 !!!
That means, I have to wait for one year ???

Passport is a very important thing for everyone. Does not they consider that? People are not only waiting for going to Canada, they may have to visit other countries for professional or study purposes, doesn't they know that. I think, CIC definitely knows that, so after receiving the passport they should not make unnecessary delay for issuing visa.

Anyway, what is your friend's case mirjahan? Could you tell us ? Because, He received PPR on 29th February. After that, CIC BD was working for full 2 months in BD !!! WHy is his passport still in BD ? I did not hear such things before this. Really unfortunate. Hope, all of us get visa's and passport back ASAP.

Regards,
Rakib
My friend had Interview at CHC Dhaka on 29 Feb. Same day they ask to submitted passport and since than his wife is waiting for visa stamp. Last week he send an e-mail to CHC Singapore about visa and passport and they replied him all interview passports are still in Dhaka CHC. It does not make any sense. CHC Dhaka closed since May first.
I have another friend wife did submitted passport at CHC Dhaka on april 17 and still no answer from CHC Singapore no reply why delay. His wife has no interview issue just did remedial and passport same time.

One theory it make me sense while my wife medical was going to be expire they stamp quickly. In this forum another person have same issue while CHC Singapore have passport medical was going expire and they stamp vis of his parents passport .

While they have enough time to issue visa stamp with enough time of medical expire. They are focusing on skill workers . They are issuing MR to many of them, i see on skill worker forum.

Normally spouse case Singapore takes 30-45 days visa to be issue. For parents cases they take up to 6 months.

So can you give about 4-6 months. If two of my friend get any news i will inform here.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
rose87 said:
Here is my time line hope that will help you to understand.
here is little timeline of my wife. My wife lives in Noakhali and all the letter goes through by Bangladesh post.
Goes IN PROCESS JAN 16 2012 ( saw on ecas Jan 19 2012)
Receive PPR letter Feb 07 2012 ( Actual PPR issue dated is Jan 30 2012)
Submit Passport CHC Dhaka Feb 11 2012
Ecas updated to Decision Made ( Feb 29 2012)
Visa Stamped dated on passport Feb 28 2012
CHC Dhaka called to collect her passport March 5 2012

Now Singapore takes more time than before.

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
rose87 said:
You can submit your passport directly to Singapore CHC office via FedEx or DHL. I have done this via FedEx.

And, in case of processing time, you can't guarantee ! It takes different for different people. But, as you see in process now. It will not take much hopefully.

Lets hope for the best.

Thanks.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
rose87 said:
Singapore started processing my file from April 10, 2012. Till now no update. It's not possible to say how long it may take. I saw people noramally get passport request within 1-3.5 months after ecas changes to In Process. But you never know. Wish you good luck.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirjahan said:
My friend had Interview at CHC Dhaka on 29 Feb. Same day they ask to submitted passport and since than his wife is waiting for visa stamp. Last week he send an e-mail to CHC Singapore about visa and passport and they replied him all interview passports are still in Dhaka CHC. It does not make any sense. CHC Dhaka closed since May first.
I have another friend wife did submitted passport at CHC Dhaka on april 17 and still no answer from CHC Singapore no reply why delay. His wife has no interview issue just did remedial and passport same time.

One theory it make me sense while my wife medical was going to be expire they stamp quickly. In this forum another person have same issue while CHC Singapore have passport medical was going expire and they stamp vis of his parents passport .

While they have enough time to issue visa stamp with enough time of medical expire. They are focusing on skill workers . They are issuing MR to many of them, i see on skill worker forum.

Normally spouse case Singapore takes 30-45 days visa to be issue. For parents cases they take up to 6 months.

So can you give about 4-6 months. If two of my friend get any news i will inform here.

Mirjahan ,

Do you know both of your friends ECAS status since they submitted passport ?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
silenthill_ca said:
Mirjahan ,

Do you know both of your friends ECAS status since they submitted passport ?
Still IN PROCESS no good luck