Nov 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi forum,

My wife has collected her passport with visa and copr today from VFS dhaka, Bangladesh. but in the package there is no relationship proof pics. So far I know they return these pics to the applicants, Is this normal, Anyone is in the same boat.
hi can you please tell me when you sent your passport to Singapore?

erique

Jan 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
Finally, after almost two months without any updates, BGCIP and Decision Made yesterday, July 4, 2018!!! Thank you, Lord!!! :):):) Hoping the PPR email comes soonest too :D:D:D
{November 27, 2017 Applicant}

EDIT: PASSPORT REQUEST
came at 1:21PM (Singapore) today, July 5, 2018!!! :D:D:D

Thank you to everyone in this forum. Every member's experiences shared here have really been of great help. All the best to everyone who are still waiting for progress in their application. God bless. :):):)

Last edited:

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Finally, after almost two months without any updates, BGCIP and Decision Made yesterday, July 4, 2018!!! Thank you, Lord!!! :):):) Hoping the PPR email comes soonest too :D:D:D
{November 27, 2017 Applicant}

EDIT: PASSPORT REQUEST
came at 1:21PM (Singapore) today, July 5, 2018!!! :D:D:D

Thank you to everyone in this forum. Every member's experiences shared here have really been of great help. All the best to everyone who are still waiting for progress in their application. God bless. :):):)
What is written in your PPR about the validity of passport? Is it at least 12 months or 6 months?

mahmud2060

Feb 22, 2012
Is there any 2018 applicants got PPR from Singapore VO?? As I see some applicants from 2017 are getting PPR. Not from 2018 applicants.

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hi there :) Congratulations! :) The letter says at least 12 months :):) How about yours? Is it the same??
Hello! Congratulations! Yeah it is written 12 months. I need to do new passport bcoz my PP validity is 11 months 10 days from today. Its a real hassle!! :(
Anyway keep in touch and updated us with your further info.

Reactions: erique

erique

Jan 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hello! Congratulations! Yeah it is written 12 months. I need to do new passport bcoz my PP validity is 11 months 10 days from today. Its a real hassle!! :(
Anyway keep in touch and updated us with your further info.
Ohh nooo!!! :(:( I’m sorry to hear you have another hurdle just when you’re already sooo close. :( Hmmmmm. How long does passport renewal take in your country? Would you be able to get the renewed one in time, I mean within 30 days’ time for you to be able to submit it to Singapore Visa Office? Or will it be taking way longer than that? Reason for me asking these is that I believe you would have to send an email to SVO to probably ask for an extension of the deadline and who knows, maybe they’ll even consider?? It’s a long shot, I know, but wouldn’t hurt to try :):):)

Btw, thank you. I just submitted my passport yesterday at the VFS/CVAC-Singapore. And after 2 hours, I received a notification that my passport have been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office. We’ll see how long the “real” processing at the visa office is going to take. Hoping it doesn’t take long!! :D:D Will do keep you posted whenever I hear more updates from them. :):)

All the best in your passport renewal and submission. It’ll all be well :):):)

Reactions: Kishaloy_Paul

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Ohh nooo!!! :(:( I’m sorry to hear you have another hurdle just when you’re already sooo close. :( Hmmmmm. How long does passport renewal take in your country? Would you be able to get the renewed one in time, I mean within 30 days’ time for you to be able to submit it to Singapore Visa Office? Or will it be taking way longer than that? Reason for me asking these is that I believe you would have to send an email to SVO to probably ask for an extension of the deadline and who knows, maybe they’ll even consider?? It’s a long shot, I know, but wouldn’t hurt to try :):):)

Btw, thank you. I just submitted my passport yesterday at the VFS/CVAC-Singapore. And after 2 hours, I received a notification that my passport have been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office. We’ll see how long the “real” processing at the visa office is going to take. Hoping it doesn’t take long!! :D:D Will do keep you posted whenever I hear more updates from them. :):)

All the best in your passport renewal and submission. It’ll all be well :):):)
Today just submitted the existing passport with all necessary documents for renewal. Paid for emergency delivery and they said that end of this week new one will be in my hand. So, hoping for the best, there is no other option for me. Planning to write SGVO if new passport will be not prepared within this week. :confused:
Well, SGVO will take maximum 1 month to stamp & send the passport to you, as they mentioned in their letter. So, hopefully during this month you will get your passport. Btw, from where you are processing your application? VFS forwarded your passport to CVO so quickly. Final countdown starts for you.......

Reactions: erique

erique

Jan 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
Today just submitted the existing passport with all necessary documents for renewal. Paid for emergency delivery and they said that end of this week new one will be in my hand. So, hoping for the best, there is no other option for me. Planning to write SGVO if new passport will be not prepared within this week. :confused:
Well, SGVO will take maximum 1 month to stamp & send the passport to you, as they mentioned in their letter. So, hopefully during this month you will get your passport. Btw, from where you are processing your application? VFS forwarded your passport to CVO so quickly. Final countdown starts for you.......
Ohh that must be a huge relief!! :):):)Knowing that your country has an option for an expedited processing of passport renewal is really great :D Glad you had it sorted out :):):)

Anyway, here’s just really hoping they don’t take one full month. Lol. Some applicants I’ve spoken with mentioned that they got their passports back between 2-3 weeks. It was the lady at VFS who reminded me not to make any travel plans yet as the processing takes 1 month. Well, I guess it’s a part of their SOP to say that, which I totally understand. :)

I’m currently residing here in Singapore, actually. So, I guess it’s one of the advantages of having everything processed here while I’m still in the country. The VFS is also very close to the CVO, literally just a few buildings away. :D I was surprised too that it happened so quickly :) The lady told me I would have to wait until Monday for my passport to be forwarded as it was already during the cut off when I submitted it. But really thankful it was already done. :DIndeed, I’m onto the final countdown for real :D:D:D:D

Cheers to more good news next week!! :):)

Reactions: Kishaloy_Paul

rfrank

Apr 2, 2018
Good morning,
I’ve been reading this thread for the past several months and it’s been extremely helpful!

I’m in the process of sponsoring my partner who resides in Chiang Mai, Thailand, but is from Myanmar. As it was quite complicated, I hired an immigration lawyer here in Canada.

My partner has been requested to submit his passport to Singapore via the VFS-VAC in Bangkok, Thailand. As my partner resides in Chiang Mai, he will courier to VFS Bangkok but I am a little confused about the process, payment and how his passport will be returned to him once a decision is made in Singapore. Can anyone from Thailand provide me with some details of their process and some helpful hints? I’ve contacted the VFS centre but I am not getting the responses to clarify my questions. Any help on here would be most appreciated.

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
December 8, 2017 applicant
Finally received my coPR, will complete the landing procedure soon
I was lucky to be here with my husband on a tourist visa (one I had from before marriage) and being able to get my medical done here and send my passport to ottowa for stamping despite being outland.
I would like to thank everyone on this whole forum for posting their queries, sharing their experiences and helping me (and many others I’m sure) stay sane through this nerve racking process.
Hope it works out for everyone in the end and we’re all able to connect next on our new chapter in Canada. Best of luck everyone!

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Finally submitted my passport through CVAC after 11 stressful days as validity of passport was not enough for submission. Hope there is no more barrier ahead!!!

Rofiq2018

Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
july 7, 2017
File Transfer...
Sept 25, 2017
Med's Request
Nov 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2017
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
finally I got passport with visa and COPR. my full time line

Application received- July 7, 2017
Processing Start- September 25, 2017
Medical Request- November 14, 2017
Medical Passed- November 17, 2017
Decision made - June 21, 2018
PPR request- June 21, 2018
Passport sent from Dhaka to Singapore - June 24, 2018 by vfs
Passport received to Singapore Canada visa office- June 26, 2018
Visa issue- June 28, 2018
Passport dispatched from Singapore- July 12, 2018
Passport collected from Dhaka- July 15, 2018
In Sha Allah august 3rd ,2018 I will be in Toronto.
All the best to all of you.

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
finally I got passport with visa and COPR. my full time line

Application received- July 7, 2017
Processing Start- September 25, 2017
Medical Request- November 14, 2017
Medical Passed- November 17, 2017
Decision made - June 21, 2018
PPR request- June 21, 2018
Passport sent from Dhaka to Singapore - June 24, 2018 by vfs
Passport received to Singapore Canada visa office- June 26, 2018
Visa issue- June 28, 2018
Passport dispatched from Singapore- July 12, 2018
Passport collected from Dhaka- July 15, 2018
In Sha Allah august 3rd ,2018 I will be in Toronto.
All the best to all of you.
Congrats:)