Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
yup i can understand that kind of feeling, i did not want my wife to know about it the day when i know that the passports are ready for collection, woke up and reach the office at 8am and was told that the VFS only issue the passports in the afternoons. Was told that i had to wait till the queue of people is gone. It was pretty much a nerve wrecking experience for me, equals to waiting for examination results. 5 years of waiting boils down to this day. There was a china guy that had problem explaining his case to the indian staff. I took initiative to be their translator and voila, the staff was nice enough to dig out my passports.

heart pounding moment as i draw out the document out from the envelop. If you were there, you would have seen me grinning from ear to ear. Went to macdonalds and bought breakfast for my wife. When she woke up, i told her i had breakfast for her, she said that she didn't want breakfast yet. So i just passed her the envelope and told her that she might want this . haha. We both knew that, that was a special moment for both of us. For better or worse, life is definitely gonna change for us.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
kaisin82 said:
yup i can understand that kind of feeling, i did not want my wife to know about it the day when i know that the passports are ready for collection, woke up and reach the office at 8am and was told that the VFS only issue the passports in the afternoons. Was told that i had to wait till the queue of people is gone. It was pretty much a nerve wrecking experience for me, equals to waiting for examination results. 5 years of waiting boils down to this day. There was a china guy that had problem explaining his case to the indian staff. I took initiative to be their translator and voila, the staff was nice enough to dig out my passports.

heart pounding moment as i draw out the document out from the envelop. If you were there, you would have seen me grinning from ear to ear. Went to macdonalds and bought breakfast for my wife. When she woke up, i told her i had breakfast for her, she said that she didn't want breakfast yet. So i just passed her the envelope and told her that she might want this . haha. We both knew that, that was a special moment for both of us. For better or worse, life is definitely gonna change for us.
You pretty much summed it up nicely!

Lets just say I have a very very very bad experience around VFS in past. CIC refused my Visa twice.... So you know how it is.
This time when I go there, I will be ready to receive my Visa, but in the back of my mind I know they could issue another refusal.

honeybeeLover

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
iamroth said:
You pretty much summed it up nicely!

Lets just say I have a very very very bad experience around VFS in past. CIC refused my Visa twice.... So you know how it is.
This time when I go there, I will be ready to receive my Visa, but in the back of my mind I know they could issue another refusal.
Do you mean PR visa or TRV? I got refusal twice too but granted once where i could go visit my husband last May

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Does an email get sent to the principal applicant when the status changes to "Decision Made" on ECAS? Also, how long would the wait be for the passport to make it back to Dhaka VFS from Singapore? Is it 3 weeks? Is the visa just a page attached to the passport or do they also send other documents?
Thanks for your help!
AloneKitchener

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
alonekitchener said:
Hello Everyone,
Does an email get sent to the principal applicant when the status changes to "Decision Made" on ECAS? Also, how long would the wait be for the passport to make it back to Dhaka VFS from Singapore? Is it 3 weeks? Is the visa just a page attached to the passport or do they also send other documents?
Thanks for your help!
AloneKitchener
I can't help you with your question, but I am sure others can. I am confused though, your file was sent to Ottawa, not Singapore. Your wife still has to send passport to Singapore? She is in the USA? Did you request to send it through VFS to Singapore? Just that it seems you are one of the incredibly lucky ones to have your file processed in Ottawa, but COPR comes from SVO.

Congrats though, shouldn't be too long.... Many others have decision Made during month of July, but not one yet to have COPR. I would wait a few days before checking back here to get an exact idea how long you shall wait.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
alonekitchener said:
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for your help!
AloneKitchener
1. You don't get any email when your status changes to Decision Made. You have to check ECAS for yourself. Since the passport was sent at 9th July, you will get Decision Made by August 9th (+/- few days).

2. Current passport return from Singapore takes around 60 days (+/- few days).

3. The Visa will be glued to one of the pages in the passport. Also a document called COPR (Confirmation Of Permanent Residency) will be supplied with the passport. The COPR will have 2 copies, one for your use, another will be kept by the immigration officer during Entry to Canada. Both of these documents will need to be shown during arrival in Canada.

Hope these helps you.

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
Hi Kolfish and Iamroth,
Thanks for your responses. The answer to your question is simple…change in address. My spouse moved to Bangladesh from US once semester was over. Thats why we had to send the passport to SVO.
Best Regards
AloneKitchener

VietCan

Oct 21, 2013
My ECAS changed to In Process last week, and this week I got all the documents returned to me in a package from Singapore. What does that mean? Is there a chance that I got an interview request from them? What are the next steps for me?

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
VietCan said:
My ECAS changed to In Process last week, and this week I got all the documents returned to me in a package from Singapore. What does that mean? Is there a chance that I got an interview request from them? What are the next steps for me?

My case also went into "in process" couple of days ago. I hope to receive PPR in 2 weeks. You should get a letter from SVO in that package for submitting PP to SVO.

Please check all the papers in that package throughly, you should have a letter from SVO requesting PP in that package.

polash

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2013
Doc's Request.
02-August-2013
AOR Received.
June 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2014
Med's Done....
May 25, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014 (passport submitted on 26th May, at VFS Dhaka)
VISA ISSUED...
July 7, 2014 (expired on May 24, 2015)
Today received sms and email,
"""Processed Decision is ready for collection at Canada Visa Application Center Dhaka. Please collect your Decision from Canada Visa Application centre between 15:00-17:00 Hours.""

Maisha27

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
SOV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
23/05/2014 ,same day status change in SCV website
Med's Done....
17/06/2014
Passport Req..
23/05/2014 and Sumit at vsf office Dhaka 22.06.2014;decision made 18.08.2014
VISA ISSUED...
14.08.2014 ;
LANDED..........
Insha-Allah 10.09.2014
polash said:
"""Processed Decision is ready for collection at Canada Visa Application Center Dhaka. Please collect your Decision from Canada Visa Application centre between 15:00-17:00 Hours.""
May I know ur processing time after submitted ur passport to Dhaka vsf ?????

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
polash said:
Going to pick up on Sunday brother? :)

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
honeybeeLover said:
VFS status that my pp has been couriered already!! Omg! Hopefully will hear good news tomorrow!
Congrats!!! :) That took around 36 days.

So my theory seems on track - the processing time-length depends on the country of citizenship.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Maisha27 said:
May I know ur processing time after submitted ur passport to Dhaka vsf ?????
He submitted on 26th May. So it took them 67 days.

Maisha you submitted on 22nd June, So you will have to wait for another 3 weeks.
Don't worry, it will come.