Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Hi,

I have a question for those who have already received PPR. Could you please tell me if SVO wrote anything like the following in your letter of request for passport :

"Note: This letter is not a guarantee that a permanent visa will be issued. Upon receipt of items requested below, a final review will be done to determine if you meet all eligibility requirements and are not inadmissible to Canada."

They mentioned the above note in the letter of request for passport that my husband received from Singapore. I was wondering if they are doing a background check on him now which is causing the delay. Normally, it is understood ( from the details that they put on official Canadian immigration website) that everythign is done and final once visa office requests for the passport and when they receive the passport, they just stamp they visa and return it to the applicant. But then why it's taking so long in my husband's scenario? Didn't they finalize everything before sending the request for passport? Thanks.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Shaheenaz said:
Hi,

I have a question for those who have already received PPR. Could you please tell me if SVO wrote anything like the following in your letter of request for passport :

"Note: This letter is not a guarantee that a permanent visa will be issued. Upon receipt of items requested below, a final review will be done to determine if you meet all eligibility requirements and are not inadmissible to Canada."

They mentioned the above note in the letter of request for passport that my husband received from Singapore. I was wondering if they are doing a background check on him now which is causing the delay. Normally, it is understood ( from the details that they put on official Canadian immigration website) that everythign is done and final once visa office requests for the passport and when they receive the passport, they just stamp they visa and return it to the applicant. But then why it's taking so long in my husband's scenario? Didn't they finalize everything before sending the request for passport? Thanks.
i think that note is in general... mine got also a note like that.Do u received appendix b as well?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
kurt said:
i think that note is in general... mine got also a note like that.Do u received appendix b as well?
Hi,

I think this is not a PPR letter. It is letter they ask you to send them addition documents or items to find eligibility. It might be more pictures, any other official documents. Once they receive those, then they will send PPR letter within 30-45 days. If they find you are eligibility as a family member.

PPR letter heading is like that
Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent resident in Canada.

We are now ready to issue your immigration visa. In order to complete this process, we need your passport and some additional informtion...

I hope you understand. It is a good sign to when they ask more additional items.

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Shiny88 said:
Today i went to the mp's office, unfortunately the mp is in ottawa. I had spoken to the receptionist, that woman doesnt seem to really care. She took my info and said she will be contacting singapore about my application. I told her i was pregnant and i wanted to apply for tvr so i would like to meet the mp to support my application and she told me directly they wont give tvr becose our pr is in process!! Also that woman told me that the process for sinapore is 36months and that she work in the office for 8 years, i said right away that its 22months!she think she knows too much! i am so pissed, i will go to another mp's office but this time i will call and try to book an appointment those receptionist dont give a damn...... i said i wanted for the interview letter for over 10months now, and it looks like it really doesnt matter to her. I should have started to speak french maybe she would feel unconfortable and would need assistance because i bet she doesnt even know french since we live in ontario, maybe she would hate me more cuz i am quebecois!
Hi Shiny88, that receptionist certainly does not know what she is talking about! My wife got TRV (from Bangkok VO) with a PR application submitted. No interview required, and she didn't even have a job or assets of her own! Best of luck to you!

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
bp832 said:
Hi Shiny88, that receptionist certainly does not know what she is talking about! My wife got TRV (from Bangkok VO) with a PR application submitted. No interview required, and she didn't even have a job or assets of her own! Best of luck to you!
Yes , thanks wow your wife was lucky i supose , we got tvr refused in feb. and the reason was lame to me anyway, i will try again. I was just very frustrated when she said they wont give tvr bcuz pr in process when i know lots of people got it. And if she really worked for 8 years she would have known that.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
alibaba_ctg said:
no, im not applying for TRV, less chances to get TRV (my wife case).. hopeing to get interview call soon as 1/2 month.. i will keep sending email to singapore and asking about interview date.
yes but theres nothing to lose to try. I will again, i need few things to get done still and my husband will go apply the first of october. WHo knows when they will call us for the interview, i havent heard or read of anyone from bangladesh attending an interview for the past few months.

singaporeVO

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
August 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
Hi bp832: Just curious. Is your wife from Thailand ?

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen

Hi shaheenaz: this is, for sure, a ppr letter. They probably did not complete security(!) check yet, while they sent your husband ppr letter. So I would consider this as a routine letter and nothing to worry about. Because you know very well that your husband is NOT a threat to Canada. Just have patient and count down your days of painful waiting. Hope things will be very fine. *****************

Between, since my file got approved only 3 weeks. Do you think I should send my "additional documents" what I have prepared already ? I am not sure if it is too early to send (to SVO) even before my application (may be) got into SVO as of yet (in 3 weeks). Please advise. If NOT, how come some 'lucky' people get PR Visa within 2/3 months. I really do not understand SVO. There is NO power to change this trend of uncertain wait. If we wait for a certain time, no matter how long, that will give us chance to plan for life. Why NOT ? Thanks in advance for your help.

I wish you all the best, shaheenaz.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
mirjahan said:
I think this is not a PPR letter. It is letter they ask you to send them addition documents or items to find eligibility. It might be more pictures, any other official documents. Once they receive those, then they will send PPR letter within 30-45 days. If they find you are eligibility as a family member.

PPR letter heading is like that
Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent resident in Canada.

We are now ready to issue your immigration visa. In order to complete this process, we need your passport and some additional informtion...

I hope you understand. It is a good sign to when they ask more additional items.
hi, they asked to redo my medical, new passport pic,a police clearance from SG and my passport, they also attached appendix b(how to send your passport) do u think still not a ppr letter?

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
kurt said:
Hi,

on the letter, did u received a form "Appendix B" How to send your passport. I thought it states there ..its only two weeks to process the visa..
Hi Kurt,

Yes, we received "Appendix B" and it states that the passport will be ready for collection in 3 (three) business days if you submit the passport to SVO in person. It does nto say anything about how long it will take if you send the passport by VFS or any other services. They recommeded VFS and that's why we sent the passport by them.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Shaheenaz said:
Hi Kurt,

Yes, we received "Appendix B" and it states that the passport will be ready for collection in 3 (three) business days if you submit the passport to SVO in person. It does nto say anything about how long it will take if you send the passport by VFS or any other services. They recommeded VFS and that's why we sent the passport by them.
ohh so u send it by DHL? and u also provide a return service..so that u can track it if they already send it back to you..I plan to send it in person but with a representative after Singapore release my Police Clearance, because I am now in Philippines.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
aarongpasha said:

Hi shaheenaz: this is, for sure, a ppr letter. They probably did not complete security(!) check yet, while they sent your husband ppr letter. So I would consider this as a routine letter and nothing to worry about. Because you know very well that your husband is NOT a threat to Canada. Just have patient and count down your days of painful waiting. Hope things will be very fine. *****************

Between, since my file got approved only 3 weeks. Do you think I should send my "additional documents" what I have prepared already ? I am not sure if it is too early to send (to SVO) even before my application (may be) got into SVO as of yet (in 3 weeks). Please advise. If NOT, how come some 'lucky' people get PR Visa within 2/3 months. I really do not understand SVO. There is NO power to change this trend of uncertain wait. If we wait for a certain time, no matter how long, that will give us chance to plan for life. Why NOT ? Thanks in advance for your help.

I wish you all the best, shaheenaz.
Hi Aarongpasha,
It’s a good idea to send additional documents once your Application for Permanent Residence reaches visa office. In your letter of approval for sponsorship application they might have mentioned that your application for permanent residence has been forwarded to the respective visa office for further processing ( I believe it’s August 24 in your case ).
We sent our additional documents 3(three) months after SVO received my husband’s application for PR. We couldn’t send the documents earlier because they were not ready yet. Since your additional documents are already ready and your file has been forwarded to the visa office on August 24, I think you can send the additional documents now. There is no harm in sending in additional documents and I believe it strengthens your case. Good luck to you.

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
kurt said:
ohh so u send it by DHL? and u also provide a return service..so that u can track it if they already send it back to you..I plan to send it in person but with a representative after Singapore release my Police Clearance, because I am now in Philippines.
No, I did not send by DHL; I sent by VFS, a passport and visa applicantion forwarding services agency for Bangladesh recommended by Canadian High Commission . Yes, it's a good idea to submit it in person.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Shaheenaz said:
No, I did not send by DHL; I sent by VFS, a passport and visa applicantion forwarding services agency for Bangladesh recommended by Canadian High Commission . Yes, it's a good idea to submit it in person.
yeah cuz they gonna give you a claim slip with a date when to collect it. same as my friend it only takes two weeks for him

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
kurt said:
hi, they asked to redo my medical, new passport pic,a police clearance from SG and my passport, they also attached appendix b(how to send your passport) do u think still not a ppr letter?
This is what they mentioned at the beginning of the letter :
“Dear Applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your application for a permanent residence visa is nearly complete. In order to proceed towards issuance of your permanent resident visa with minimal delay, you must follow the steps outlined below.”
Then they asked him to do RE-MED and sending in the following documents two week after the RE-MED :
1. 4 passport sized photos ( 3 immigration photos on attached instructions ??)
2. Filled Appendix C (sent blank with PPR)
3. Filled Appendix A ( sent blank with PPR)
4. Original Passport
They also sent “Appendix B” with PPR that tells how to send in the passport. Still it’s not a PPR??