+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

lightBD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
kurt said:
hi,
a quick question about required docs:

Original good conduct certificate(certificate of no criminal record)from the police authorities of Singapore-see attached. A certificate is required for you(and your spouse/common law partner and each of your dependent children who is 18 years of age or older), from the police authorities in all countries where you have resided for a period of six months or more since turning 18.

Does it mean only Singapore Police certificate of no criminal record am I goin to submit? i already submitted those police clearances from other country and NBI when we submit our application last time.

thanks
Hi !

Are you from Singapore? Thats why may be its says police certificate from Singapore, for me its Bangladesh.

As for rest of that para, it means if you had lived in any other country (than Singapore) for more than 6 months you'll have to get the police certificate from there. For instance, if you were living in New Zealand for 8 months you'll have to get the police certificate from New Zealand authority as you had been there for more than 6 months.

Hope that helps.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
lightBD said:
Hi !

Are you from Singapore? Thats why may be its says police certificate from Singapore, for me its Bangladesh.

As for rest of that para, it means if you had lived in any other country (than Singapore) for more than 6 months you'll have to get the police certificate from there. For instance, if you were living in New Zealand for 8 months you'll have to get the police certificate from New Zealand authority as you had been there for more than 6 months.

Hope that helps.
hi, i worked in singapore for 4 years ..yeap i already submitted those other police clearances when we submit the application last time..i just want to know if the letter i received same with others..thanks

lightBD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
If I take more than 2 weeks after medical to submit my passport+documents, will that be a problem? I'll have to wait for the police clearance which may take 3 weeks.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
lightBD said:
If I take more than 2 weeks after medical to submit my passport+documents, will that be a problem? I'll have to wait for the police clearance which may take 3 weeks.
nope as long as still under the deadline they set..

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
should everything be translated and notorized to include on tvr or just translated would be ok. anyone let me know tnx

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
Shiny88 said:
should everything be translated and notorized to include on tvr or just translated would be ok. anyone let me know tnx
Shiny,

We never submitted anything notarized. All the documents ( Nikah-Nama, Marriage Certificate, Employment Letter, Pay Slips and so on) we submitted in connection with our application were just in English, not notarized. However, our documents were officially in English, which means when we got our original copies from different sources, we requested them to give our copies in English. We did not receive the original copies in a different language and them translated them in English; they were originally in English from the sources. I believe if you have a piece of origianl document in a language other than English, you need to translate that piece of document in English first, then get it notarized and submit the notarized copy along with a copy of the original document which is not in English. If your original document is already in English, then I believe you don't need to get it notarized; just submitting a copy will do the job. If they need it notarized, they will infrom you. This is what I did throughout my procedure. Thanks.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Shaheenaz said:
Shiny,

We never submitted anything notarized. All the documents ( Nikah-Nama, Marriage Certificate, Employment Letter, Pay Slips and so on) we submitted in connection with our application were just in English, not notarized. However, our documents were officially in English, which means when we got our original copies from different sources, we requested them to give our copies in English. We did not receive the original copies in a different language and them translated them in English; they were originally in English from the sources. I believe if you have a piece of origianl document in a language other than English, you need to translate that piece of document in English first, then get it notarized and submit the notarized copy along with a copy of the original document which is not in English. If your original document is already in English, then I believe you don't need to get it notarized; just submitting a copy will do the job. If they need it notarized, they will infrom you. This is what I did throughout my procedure. Thanks.
thanks so much for your valuable info. ;) Yes my marriage certificate is in english and bangla also notorized by a lawyer. But now that i am preparing to apply for tvr. I wanted to include my husbands father land properties and stuff that is originally in bangla.. But am very stuck about the ties in bd that i can include:S my husband sent me the letter of the refusal of tvr, here is the reason:

- You havent satisfy us that you will leave canada after the end of your stay.
-your travel history?(it is because he hasnt travelled out of country in his lifetime?)
-Your family ties in canada and your home country
-Limited employment in your country of residence
-Your current employment situation

So my husband own a clothing shop where he lives now, he is the owner.( i gotta get this translated and notoized) so i think this will do for the employment reason.
But how about other ties? i really have no idea what to do with that.

The reason of his visit to canada this time i wrote to SUpport my pregnant wife, i will include my ultrasound pictures,also some letter of appointment that i had with my gyno i guess. And probably will get a paper proving my due date from the doctor.

I will go see my mp, tomorrow probably and will try to get my mp to write a letter to support my tvr.

Anyone has any idea of proofs of ties,please help me. Thank You

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
:) :) :) :)

Checked e-cas and it says my wifes interview will be on October 4th 2012. :) :)

She hasnt received a letter, phone call or e-mail yet tho. So no information yet on where her interview will be. :-\

Was going to bring over more call card receipts, written letters and other evidence when I visit her in November but will now just fax everything.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Hello121 said:

She hasnt received a letter, phone call or e-mail yet tho. So no information yet on where her interview will be. :-\

Was going to bring over more call card receipts, written letters and other evidence when I visit her in November but will now just fax everything.
She will receive or letter or ask her check her e-mail. Without that interview letter they may not let you get in for interview queue. Mostly look like she receive an e-mail. They always send notification exactly one month before interview time.
I wish you good luck.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
mirjahan said:
She will receive or letter or ask her check her e-mail. Without that interview letter they may not let you get in for interview queue. Mostly look like she receive an e-mail. They always send notification exactly one month before interview time.
I wish you good luck.
yeah, we havent seen any letter or message in her email yet. I emailed them her e-mail address about 6 or 7 months ago.

The e-cas doesnt show where the interview is or what time of day the interview is so right now we are just searching for the info. She will be checking the post office in the city frequently and she is also going to call the Canadian embassy(Australian) in Cambodia to see if they have any info. I will email Singapore in a few days if we havent heard anything.

Her interview letter was dated 35 days before she recieved it. :(

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
Congratulation Hello121! I'm very happy for you. Your waiting is almost over. :)

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Hello121 said:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG what a news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so happy that they finally scheduled ittttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heaven sake it was about time! now i need to check my ecas,maybe a surprise waiting for me too. :eek: dont worry i am pretty sure they sent the interview letter by mail or probably by email if your wife included in her pr application. Check her email account and or will received by mail in couple of days.

By the way did you log in with your name and receipt number or your wife name and her immigration number? or you can see that info on both id?thnx

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
Today i went to the mp's office, unfortunately the mp is in ottawa. I had spoken to the receptionist, that woman doesnt seem to really care. She took my info and said she will be contacting singapore about my application. I told her i was pregnant and i wanted to apply for tvr so i would like to meet the mp to support my application and she told me directly they wont give tvr becose our pr is in process!! Also that woman told me that the process for sinapore is 36months and that she work in the office for 8 years, i said right away that its 22months!she think she knows too much! i am so pissed, i will go to another mp's office but this time i will call and try to book an appointment those receptionist dont give a damn...... i said i wanted for the interview letter for over 10months now, and it looks like it really doesnt matter to her. I should have started to speak french maybe she would feel unconfortable and would need assistance because i bet she doesnt even know french since we live in ontario, maybe she would hate me more cuz i am quebecois!