Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
July 05, 2012 . Passport received by SVO : Aug 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 12, 2012. Passport Received from VFS: Sept 20, 2012
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
mirjahan said:
I think this is not a PPR letter. It is letter they ask you to send them addition documents or items to find eligibility. It might be more pictures, any other official documents. Once they receive those, then they will send PPR letter within 30-45 days. If they find you are eligibility as a family member.

PPR letter heading is like that
Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent resident in Canada.

We are now ready to issue your immigration visa. In order to complete this process, we need your passport and some additional informtion...

I hope you understand. It is a good sign to when they ask more additional items.
This is what they mentioned at the beginning of the letter :
“Dear Applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your application for a permanent residence visa is nearly complete. In order to proceed towards issuance of your permanent resident visa with minimal delay, you must follow the steps outlined below.”
Then they asked him to do RE-MED and sending in the following documents two week after the RE-MED :
1. 4 passport sized photos ( 3 immigration photos on attached instructions ??)
2. Filled Appendix C (sent blank with PPR)
3. Filled Appendix A ( sent blank with PPR)
4. Original Passport
They also sent “Appendix B” with PPR that tells how to send in the passport. Still it’s not a PPR??

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Shaheenaz said:
“Dear Applicant,
Your application for a permanent residence visa is nearly complete. In order to proceed towards issuance of your permanent resident visa with minimal delay, you must follow the steps outlined below.”
Then they asked him to do RE-MED and sending in the following documents two week after the RE-MED :
4. Original Passport
They also sent “Appendix B” with PPR that tells how to send in the passport. Still it's not a PPR??
same here..

alibaba_ctg

Mar 6, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
AOR Received.
05/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
12/2012
Interview........
12/2012
Passport Req..
03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
03/2013
LANDED..........
soon
Shiny88 said:
Today i went to the mp's office, unfortunately the mp is in ottawa. I had spoken to the receptionist, that woman doesnt seem to really care. She took my info and said she will be contacting singapore about my application. I told her i was pregnant and i wanted to apply for tvr so i would like to meet the mp to support my application and she told me directly they wont give tvr becose our pr is in process!! Also that woman told me that the process for sinapore is 36months and that she work in the office for 8 years, i said right away that its 22months!she think she knows too much! i am so pissed, i will go to another mp's office but this time i will call and try to book an appointment those receptionist dont give a damn...... i said i wanted for the interview letter for over 10months now, and it looks like it really doesnt matter to her. I should have started to speak french maybe she would feel unconfortable and would need assistance because i bet she doesnt even know french since we live in ontario, maybe she would hate me more cuz i am quebecois!
What MP office CAN DO:
1) They can inquiry about your case, Consulates are required to reply within 48 hours.
2) They can unstuck a case
3) If a case is stuck outside the normal posted deviation of time lines posted on the immigration website, say 20 months and no IA, they can get it rolling.
4) They can in cases help fight a rejection, but most will ask you to get lawyer
if your local MP doesnt help, find an opposition leader, see if they will.

What MP office CANNOT DO:
1) They cannot speed up a case
2) They DONT want to talk to your lawyer. Apparently they dont get along, best go in person.
3) They do not issue you PR, cannot make it happen overnight, they can only help you if your case has gone out of the normal realm of processing.
4) They cannot tell you WHEN your case will be done, or WHY it was rejected, WHY its taking so long, they are not the deciding factor, your application is, they are just a push in the right direction

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Shaheenaz said:
“Dear Applicant,
4. Original Passport
They also sent “Appendix B” with PPR that tells how to send in the passport. Still it's not a PPR??
Do not worry then. I think you remember Suva. Suva received PPR letter along with new medical, new PCC and new picture for PR card. His medical was still valid but they ask him again to redo. If you sign or put date back of your immigration photo they may ask again. Because PR card photo must be 6months older or less.
Suva get passport back with visa after 30-45 days after submitted those documents.

Maybe your husband was been any other country more than 6 months. For that they ask again new PCC to be make sure.
For my wife they send only Appendix A and B. They did not ask for new photos.

Send all what they asked on Appendix A . Insahallah you will receive passport with visa within 30-45 days. Re-Medical it will take extra three weeks.

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
singaporeVO said:
Hi bp832: Just curious. Is your wife from Thailand ?
Hello, yes she is.

lightBD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Shaheenaz said:
“Dear Applicant,
4. Original Passport
It IS a PPR.......lol! I received the same. :D Mirjahan is not that updated I guess.

lightBD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
kurt said:
yeah cuz they gonna give you a claim slip with a date when to collect it. same as my friend it only takes two weeks for him
2 weeks if you receive the passport in person or by VFS?

Shouldn't it take 3 days to get the passport if you gave it in person?

lightBD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Shaheenaz said:
Hi Kurt,

Yes, we received "Appendix B" and it states that the passport will be ready for collection in 3 (three) business days if you submit the passport to SVO in person. It does nto say anything about how long it will take if you send the passport by VFS or any other services. They recommeded VFS and that's why we sent the passport by them.
I read somewhere that day that its a first in, first out method. So, I guess we've to be patient with this slow movement in SVO.

singaporeVO

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
AOR Received.
August 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 31, 2012
Med's Request
July 04, 2013
Med's Done....
April 29, 2012
" If you sign or put date back of your immigration photo they may ask again. Because PR card photo must be 6months older or less."
[/quote]

Hi mirjahan: If I read correct the above sentence, you meant if 09 immigration photos are not signed and dated at the back, they will ask them again with the PPR letter.

Secondly, if I look at your timeline. Your application was processed in longer than 06 months. By definition, your applicant’s (wife’s) photos should have been older than 06 months, although those were signed and dated at the back! Right ? Why they did not ask photos (04) from her then ?? Even 04 photos instead of 09 recent photos.

I am just curious to understand this whole concept of recent photos and signing at the back of them. Since I never found any “specific information” in the VISA Specific (Singapore) guide/checklist about signing and dating at the back of the immigration photos for spousal applicant. Although I found those information in some other VISA specific guide/checklist. Why they don’t put the same information in ALL VISA specific guides/checklists? Very surprising to me.

I would extremely be grateful to you, if you shed some light on this query from me. This will help a lot of potential applicants in future. Thank you so much in advance for your time.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi ALL: I have the same question. There is NO specific information in Singapore visa specific guide or checklist to sign and date at the back of the Required 09 photos !! But some people always doing it. Is it consultants/lawyers are aware of the information ?? How did you guys determine about this requirement of signing/date the photo ? Can anybody send any link regarding this information?? would be appreciated.

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Shaheenaz said:
Hi Aarongpasha,
It's a good idea to send additional documents once your Application for Permanent Residence reaches visa office. In your letter of approval for sponsorship application they might have mentioned that your application for permanent residence has been forwarded to the respective visa office for further processing ( I believe it's August 24 in your case ).
We sent our additional documents 3(three) months after SVO received my husband's application for PR. We couldn't send the documents earlier because they were not ready yet. Since your additional documents are already ready and your file has been forwarded to the visa office on August 24, I think you can send the additional documents now. There is no harm in sending in additional documents and I believe it strengthens your case. Good luck to you.
Thank you so much shaheenaz. I will mail them tomorrow by FedEx.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
lightBD said:
2 weeks if you receive the passport in person or by VFS?

Shouldn't it take 3 days to get the passport if you gave it in person?
it was stated in the "appendix b" form(how to send passport)
two weeks bu courier..and 3 days for those who gonna submit in person who's living outside singapore...
try to check the paper they attached on ur passport request letter

thankz...

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
kurt said:
it was stated in the "appendix b" form(how to send passport)
two weeks bu courier..and 3 days for those who gonna submit in person who's living outside singapore...
try to check the paper they attached on ur passport request letter

thankz...
No, Kurt; I checked my letter over and over again but no where they mentioned that it would take two(2) weeks if you had sent it by courier. However, they mentioned that the passport would be ready in three (3) business days if it was submitted in person at SVO. Probably, the visa officer wanted to see my husband in person. How did she know that he is so handsome !!

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Shaheenaz said:
No, Kurt; I checked my letter over and over again but no where they mentioned that it would take two(2) weeks if you had sent it by courier. However, they mentioned that the passport would be ready in three (3) business days if it was submitted in person at SVO. Probably, the visa officer wanted to see my husband in person. How did she know that he is so handsome !!
haha.. thats funny.. nywayz lets just wait and see

Shaheenaz

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October ,2011
AOR Received.
December, 2011
File Transfer...
February ,2012
Med's Request
RE-MED : July 16, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug , 2011.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 9, 2012
mirjahan said:
Do not worry then. I think you remember Suva. Suva received PPR letter along with new medical, new PCC and new picture for PR card. His medical was still valid but they ask him again to redo. If you sign or put date back of your immigration photo they may ask again. Because PR card photo must be 6months older or less.
Suva get passport back with visa after 30-45 days after submitted those documents.

Maybe your husband was been any other country more than 6 months. For that they ask again new PCC to be make sure.
For my wife they send only Appendix A and B. They did not ask for new photos.

Send all what they asked on Appendix A . Insahallah you will receive passport with visa within 30-45 days. Re-Medical it will take extra three weeks.
That's a long wait!!!